Options

Sherlock Holmes 2

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
Forum Member
Sorry if there is a thread on this film already. I'm really excited about this, some pictures came about lately of Stephen Fry as Mycroft Holmes, Sherlocks older brother here. Also Noomi Rapace is in it playing a gypsy (female lead) which if anyone has seen The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo you will know she is a fantastic actress, pic of her in costume here

Anyone else looking forward to it?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't expect to enjoy the first, but thought it was great fun, so yep, looking forward to it. Hoping Moriarty is gonna be a good villain too, can't remember who was playing him though, it was announced I think!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Al_T3D wrote: »
    I didn't expect to enjoy the first, but thought it was great fun, so yep, looking forward to it. Hoping Moriarty is gonna be a good villain too, can't remember who was playing him though, it was announced I think!

Jared Harris
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alameals wrote: »

Choice!;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to Sherlocl Holmes.

The Ritchie/Downey film didn't work for me at all
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed Sherlock Holmes 1. Look forward to watching 2.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,442
    Forum Member
    soundstory wrote: »
    I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to Sherlocl Holmes.

The Ritchie/Downey film didn't work for me at all

Similar to me, except the purist in me won't let me watch it :) I might cave as I always find it best to watch something before judging it, but just from the Trailers I know they have completely morphed the Holmes character to something not remotely like the original.

I won't however say if I like it or not because I haven't seen it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed the first one - especially after thinking I wouldn't. Jude Law really surprised me in it, I thought he was very good as Watson. A friend and I were comparing the film and the new BBC version but honestly I don't even think of them as the same thing, which is probably a very good thing for both productions. Is Rachel McAdams reprising her role?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    vicky2424 wrote: »
    I really enjoyed the first one - especially after thinking I wouldn't. Jude Law really surprised me in it, I thought he was very good as Watson. A friend and I were comparing the film and the new BBC version but honestly I don't even think of them as the same thing, which is probably a very good thing for both productions. Is Rachel McAdams reprising her role?

so far she is not in the cast listing
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Similar to me, except the purist in me won't let me watch it :) I might cave as I always find it best to watch something before judging it, but just from the Trailers I know they have completely morphed the Holmes character to something not remotely like the original.

I agree that the trailer is a put off, but the film is far more subtle than you'd imagine.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Trust me I was the same, GF said you might enjoy it & didn't of course.

I obviously had made my mind up before I went, it would have had to have been exceptional to change that !.

It was a standard actioneer, where any of the characters could have been swapped with anyone or anything.

But on the plus side this and the recent BBC1 reboot at least keep the character fresh