Options

Advice on erotic novel needed.

davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hello there, I'm writing an erotic novel and would appreciate a bit of feedback. What do you think of this paragraph?

---

At that moment, the serving girl moved around with precise and steady movements. Her medium length brown hair bounced like a rubber ball and the study of her smooth, sensuous legs up to her black short skirt left Monsieur feeling keen, a curious and pleasurable sensation came over him, as he felt his body drawing towards hers. Some subtle influence must have draped over her slim figure, as she fell into his arms, panting as if helpless and at mercy to his body. He felt her hot breath against his skin, like the warmth of a bonfire. He casually undressed her, as a spasm of pleasure made his body shake, like a trembling snowflake. She moved her tongue around her lip like a car driving around a roundabout. As she kissed him, he felt her soft, tender lips push seductively against his. They both giggled but at that moment, he turned and seen his pregnant Madame standing in the distance.

---

...thanks :)

Comments

• Options
    N20JetCarN20JetCar Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    Hello there, I'm writing an erotic novel and would appreciate a bit of feedback. What do you think of this paragraph?

---

At that moment, the serving girl moved around with precise and steady movements. Her medium length brown hair bounced like a rubber ball and the study of her smooth, sensuous legs up to her black short skirt left Monsieur feeling keen, a curious and pleasurable sensation came over him, as he felt his body drawing towards hers. Some subtle influence must have draped over her slim figure, as she fell into his arms, panting as if helpless and at mercy to his body. He felt her hot breath against his skin, like the warmth of a bonfire. He casually undressed her, as a spasm of pleasure made his body shake, like a trembling snowflake. She moved her tongue around her lip like a car driving around a roundabout. As she kissed him, he felt her soft, tender lips push seductively against his. They both giggled but at that moment, he turned and seen his pregnant Madame standing in the distance.

---

rubber balls and roundabouts are as erotic as Anne Widdecombe and David Haye
  • Options
    ThinWhitePukeThinWhitePuke Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    Is it set in France ? if it is not then it is a bit cheesy the madame/monsieur bit, sound like a pair of french waiters
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Honestly?

It's terrible.
  • Options
    ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's some really good things about that, the structure, the way it flows, the way there was something unexpected at the end..

However, I think it's at risk of becoming a bit over-descriptive if that makes sense? Setting the scene is important, but it shouldn't overpower the chapter.

It could just be because it's a stand-alone paragraph, but those were my initial thoughts. Hope it helps Dave :) x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    horns wrote: »
    Honestly?

It's terrible.

I am inclined to agree, it is almost like a parody with cheesy terms and the descriptions of the activities
  • Options
    GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think your punctuation and grammar needs work, but there is some ok imagery there.

not a fan of;
    "Her medium length brown hair bounced like a rubber ball... panting as if helpless" sounds like a labrador sorry :P

you should make her more slinky and seductive I think, bouncy and panting just isn't that sexy in this way. How about voluptuous and breathless.
  • Options
    GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No stirrings here. So thats a fail from me.
  • Options
    TheEricPollardTheEricPollard Posts: 11,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It needs some pulsating rods perhaps.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What period is this set in because I got the impression it was historical until it got to the car bit. I think you are trying too hard. The rubber ball bit was just strange. It just felt too OTT. The punctuation and grammar need some work as well. He "saw" his pregnant Madame not he "seen" for example.
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    I don't like my men to giggle.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like my men to giggle.

then don't show them your **** then
  • Options
    Dangerous.DaveDangerous.Dave Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roundabouts...trembling snowflakes...rubber ball....bonfire. If you are serious in this post I would think about these a bit more. Made me laugh anyway!

DD
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shorter tighter sentences.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Roundabouts...trembling snowflakes...rubber ball....bonfire. If you are serious in this post I would think about these a bit more. Made me laugh anyway!

DD

Exactly, it is like a parody of every romantic novel there has ever been, cheesy as ****, it is almost like an Airplane/Naked Gun style piss take of what a romantic novel is meant to be

Don't give up the day job OP
  • Options
    whackyracerwhackyracer Posts: 15,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Davey, this, coupled with the other thread you bumped, makes me seriously think writing is not for you. Give it a miss eh?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you are writing for a hobby then carry on. If, however, you are considering this as a commercial venture, my advice is to think again and perhaps look for something you might be more suited to.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fred Green wrote: »
    If you are writing for a hobby then carry on. If, however, you are considering this as a commercial venture, my advice is to think again and perhaps look for something you might be more suited to.

I have to say I agree with this. Sorry OP. It is a talent that many aspire to and few possess.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it meant to be funny?
    Because its funny

Funnier than Mein Kampf anyway
  • Options
    whackyracerwhackyracer Posts: 15,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to say I agree with this. Sorry OP. It is a talent that many aspire to and few possess.

I also agree. You can hone a talent, but sadly, you cannot cultivate it.
  • Options
    orange1234orange1234 Posts: 1,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davey_wavey...You obviously have a desire to write. Romantic novels are typically read by 40-50 year old women who don't get any romance, that's why they read about it.

So unless you are a romantic person in real life and can put yourself into the mindset of your reader I would advise you to write about something you know about, or have really researched, lived and breathed.

That way when you make a comparison it will be insightful, and we will be taken on a journey with you, instead of you telling us a story. There's a huge difference. Good luck
  • Options
    Achtung!Achtung! Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

---

---

<roars with laughter> :D:D:D
  • Options
    HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

---

---

Let's rewrite this in a more mundane fashion, to see what actually happens here.

---

The serving girl moved towards him and as she approached, he got an uncontrolable flick in his underpants. At that moment - and for scant reason - she randomly fell on him and started panting on his neck. As is typical when a servant falls on her employer, he decided to take this as a sign it was ok to start dragging her clothes off and accidently came in his pants as he did so.

Due to the overwhelming sexiness of a man creaming himself after having a maid trip and fall on him, she proceeded to lick her lips and stick her tongue down his throat. In response to this, he giggled like a fourteen-year-old schoolgirl, probably killing any sense of romance in the process (but possibly indicating another premature ejaculation).

Things might have gone better, though, if the employer had not forgotton the fact that his wife - currently rotund with child - was actually in the room watching.

Shit, he thought. I really ought to behave more appropriately when the maid trips up in future - then heads off in search of some clean underwear.

---

Well, to me, it seems like the scene has little logic to it. What the hell is going on? It seems some upper-crust type is lusting after his maid, when she randomly collapses on him (whilst in the midst of her duties, apparently. Was she serving dinner or something? I hope she didn't spill anything on him!) and he takes this as a good opportunity to pull her clothes off. But at the same time, his pregnant wife is standing back and watching this unfold.

I'm not seeing the logic of the scene.

(and yes, i know I randomly switched perspective towards the end of that "reimagining." I wasn't writing for publishing there!!)
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    horns wrote: »
    Honestly?

It's terrible.

This.

Basic faults with grammar, punctuation and sentence structure.
    Poor use of metaphors and similes.
    Confused, choppy, disjointed narrative.

Will the finished book be called "Faster than the speed of love" by any chance?
  • Options
    NatgarNatgar Posts: 2,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not erotic at all. Serving girl? Monsier? Its like you can't decide what period you are writing it. Plus even if that inproved it would be more mills and boons than erotic. Erotic allows sex. It makes no sense to use monsiuer instead of he. Very unsexy. In an erotic novel you can use words like 'hard' 'wet' 'nipples' etc.. Hell even in mIlls and boons these days
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Helbore wrote: »
    Let's rewrite this in a more mundane fashion, to see what actually happens here.

---

The serving girl moved towards him and as she approached, he got an uncontrolable flick in his underpants. At that moment - and for scant reason - she randomly fell on him and started panting on his neck. As is typical when a servant falls on her employer, he decided to take this as a sign it was ok to start dragging her clothes off and accidently came in his pants as he did so.

Due to the overwhelming sexiness of a man creaming himself after having a maid trip and fall on him, she proceeded to lick her lips and stick her tongue down his throat. In response to this, he giggled like a fourteen-year-old schoolgirl, probably killing any sense of romance in the process (but possibly indicating another premature ejaculation).

Things might have gone better, though, if the employer had not forgotton the fact that his wife - currently rotund with child - was actually in the room watching.

Shit, he thought. I really ought to behave more appropriately when the maid trips up in future - then heads off in search of some clean underwear.

---

Well, to me, it seems like the scene has little logic to it. What the hell is going on? It seems some upper-crust type is lusting after his maid, when she randomly collapses on him (whilst in the midst of her duties, apparently. Was she serving dinner or something? I hope she didn't spill anything on him!) and he takes this as a good opportunity to pull her clothes off. But at the same time, his pregnant wife is standing back and watching this unfold.

I'm not seeing the logic of the scene.

(and yes, i know I randomly switched perspective towards the end of that "reimagining." I wasn't writing for publishing there!!)

If you put it like that, it's fantastic! when is the movie coming out.