Options

Four in a Bed :: New Series (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Little Mongolian ??? he is a horrible man!
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    They have a lot of respect for their customers ... I think not!
  • Options
    SueGSueG Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TrishaS wrote: »
    How very dare you :eek::eek: ;)

I'm going to stand in the corner facing the wall when the programme's finished.
  • Options
    stefthepeststefthepest Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll name that tune in 50.

:D:D:D lol, does anyone think that show should come back it was perfectly dreadful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    OMG what an awful snob. I coudl never stay in such a place with such horrible hosts.
  • Options
    SueGSueG Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nick and Layla are absolutely 'orrible.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    So neither are going to cook???

Yes how can you compare food between owner cooking it and a chef, it's not fair is it?
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What a pretentious prat
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That other codger annoyed me complained when the Blackpool man was quiet then complained he spoke to much.
  • Options
    SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,706
    Forum Member
    Gemo52 wrote: »
    So that’s why they’re on this programme, not publicity for the B&B but a bit of free promotion to reboot a lapsed singing career.

I noticed that Gemo, on the programme preview page.
    I'm not altogether sure she'll be inundated with offers though.
    Little Mongolian ??? he is a horrible man!

Anyone else think that Daddy, Gleneagles and the Mandarin in Hong Kong will be singularly unimpressed that you only have to clean the dirt and dust that's immediately noticeable? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SueG wrote: »
    How on earth do you hear a vibrating phone in another room? I thought people put them on vibrate so that they didn't disturb people. I haven't got a mobile phone so I'm a bit ignorant on this subject.

Virtually every Sunday someone's phone goes off in church which I think is rude in the extreme.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nick and Layla are absolutely 'orrible.

They sound like a couple out of East Enders or some failed pop group from the 70s.
  • Options
    TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to stand in the corner facing the wall when the programme's finished.

I'll have to join you Sue cos I got called ignorant last week cos I spelt someones name wrong. :D:D:D
  • Options
    Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't share the negative comments about Nick and Layla I thought they seemed like good hosts and i didn't think they were particularly nasty.

However i did think that John and (i forgot the womans name) did come across as game players and particularly difficult. I don't think they liked anything.

They complained about:

The activity
    John not speaking
    John speaking
    The room - decor and cleaning
    The noise in the room
    The hosts
    The sleep
    The hotel

Pretty much everything, did they say anything that was positive in the whole episode?
  • Options
    HypnoaliHypnoali Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clearly Nick's silver spoon didn't feed him any humility.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes how can you compare food between owner cooking it and a chef, it's not fair is it?

It's not, one of them should have made the effort to at least help in the kitchen and cook some of the food.
  • Options
    Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    Nick is such a pompous eijit and has his head in cloud cuckoo land if he thinks he doesn't have to clean the tops of wardrobes, even if its not everyday it should have been checked for the sake of the competition surely? And I agree with Sue and John, it WAS soulless and like others have said 'travel lodge' esque (Clean and nice enough, but not somewhere you'd stay on a break)

Doesn't look like the bunkroom goes down well tomorrow so that should be fun :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not, one of them should have made the effort to at least help in the kitchen and cook some of the food.

Well I shouldn't be too harsh, Nick did slice some toast!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well I shouldn't be too harsh, Nick did slice some toast!:D

Oh yes, it was so insignificant that I had forgotten,lol
  • Options
    JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member

Why does it matter who cooks it? Surely it's the quality of the breakfast that is being judged?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JulesF wrote: »
    Why does it matter who cooks it? Surely it's the quality of the breakfast that is being judged?
    Isn't that part and parcel of running a B & B rather than managing an hotel?
  • Options
    TheGrumpWizardTheGrumpWizard Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So that’s why they’re on this programme, not publicity for the B&B but a bit of free promotion to reboot a lapsed singing career.
    Layla’s resumé in case anyone’s interested. :yawn:
    Not too far wrong Gemo by the look of it. From her Profile...
    CATCH LAYLA ON CHANEL FOUR'S "FOUR IN A BED" STARTING MONDAY 4TH NOV 2013 5PM EVERY DAY ALL WEEK! CATCH LAYLA SINGING 2 OF HER SONGS ON THE SHOW!!

Annoyingly, she can't be too bad if she's singing with the reformed The Time Frequency. Not exactly a household name but not too shabby it must be said. Damn.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not too far wrong Gemo by the look of it. From her Profile...
    CATCH LAYLA ON CHANEL FOUR'S "FOUR IN A BED" STARTING MONDAY 4TH NOV 2013 5PM EVERY DAY ALL WEEK! CATCH LAYLA SINGING 2 OF HER SONGS ON THE SHOW!!

Annoyingly, she can't be too bad if she's singing with the reformed The Time Frequency. Not exactly a household name but not too shabby it must be said. Damn.

Never heard of the time frequency is that another name for The Talking Clock?
  • Options
    daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,640
    Forum Member
    :D:D:D lol, does anyone think that show should come back it was perfectly dreadful.

At the time is was showing with singer Marion Ryan, we absolutely loved it in our house. Me & my 2 sisters went to Manchester, I think it was, to audition, but weren't successful. :cry: Wouldn't mind seeing it again, but don't think I would enjoy it as much as i did then.
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watching on +1 so am just jotting down notes as I watch!

£130 a night? :eek: Rooms are definitely not worth that amount of money - they look very small...AND they're above a pub!

Layla is very confident isnt she..:rolleyes: And as for the singer/songwriter/TOTP bit :yawn:

...and as for her singing :eek:

NIck: 50 pubs in 10 years? Yeah right :rolleyes: And can his voice get any deeper?

John (the host from last night) reminds me of Roy off Coronation Street!

So much toast! And how loud can a vibrating phone be??? Did Layla have a lie in? Tsk

Like everyone except Nick and Layla. As I said before, definite game players. And I actually havent warmed to them at all.
This discussion has been closed.