Options

Neighbours - New theme tune

Comments

• Options
    Louise32Louise32 Posts: 6,784
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to seeing this in show. I wonder when!
  • Options
    Bobby_MarzBobby_Marz Posts: 2,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louise32 wrote: »
    Looking forward to seeing this in show. I wonder when!

From March 18:

All five UK finalists will hear their recordings of the
    Neighbours theme played over the show's opening titles
    on Channel 5 during the week of March 18.

But the Winner AKA the new theme tune is on from April 15th World Wide.
  • Options
    Louise32Louise32 Posts: 6,784
    Forum Member
    Cheers Bobby!

I didn't expect theme tune to be so soon!
  • Options
    SOAPYFANSOAPYFAN Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are the titles changing, or just the music.

I know the EP did say they had plans to change them, but nothing has been revealed yet!!
  • Options
    dublintvfandublintvfan Posts: 5,077
    Forum Member
    I dont think this is for the full theme somehow, it mentions to have his or her vocals appear on a new theme

Maybe the winner sings the back up vocals as we heard heard and a profesional sings the proper theme
  • Options
    Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuk. It sounds nothing like the theme tune. All that's the same is the words. Just horrible!
  • Options
    cobwebsoupcobwebsoup Posts: 4,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's better than the current one, but I was really hoping for a similar sounding version to the shows original theme tune.
  • Options
    soapnutsoapnut Posts: 6,906
    Forum Member
    cobwebsoup wrote: »
    It's better than the current one, but I was really hoping for a similar sounding version to the shows original theme tune.

Me too! Only one person should sing the Neighbours theme tune and that person is Barry Crocker!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UVA8NyRlkY
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont really like the new theme tune but am still going to try and persuade my husband to enter the competition (I cant hold a note so no point me entering). Is anyone else going to enter?
  • Options
    IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    Nothing happens when I click play... :(
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That new theme tune is just AWFUL.
  • Options
    anndra_wanndra_w Posts: 6,557
    Forum Member
    It's different but it somehow sounds like it suits Neighbours. It's feel good, bright and cheery and hugely cheesy which pretty much describes the show. I don't think we'll ever have a version of the theme that is all that recognisable to the original version. It's evolved so much through the years.
  • Options
    KellerKeller Posts: 5,970
    Forum Member
    Terrible.

I always hoped they'd go back to the original arrangement of the theme with a new singer, the original will always be the most famous and the one everyone sings along to. Now the lyrics just consist of 'Neighbours become good friends' over and over.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keller wrote: »
    Terrible.

I always hoped they'd go back to the original arrangement of the theme with a new singer, the original will always be the most famous and the one everyone sings along to. Now the lyrics just consist of 'Neighbours become good friends' over and over.

Exactly, just repeating the same line over and over. It's interesting to note our soaps haven't felt the need to dramatically change their theme tunes over the years. EE tried it with their Sax-tastic effort in the 90s but that didn't last long. Their is no better Neighbours them tune than the Barry Crocker version from the 80s. Everything since has just been an exercise in diminishing returns.
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »
    Exactly, just repeating the same line over and over. It's interesting to note our soaps haven't felt the need to dramatically change their theme tunes over the years. EE tried it with their Sax-tastic effort in the 90s but that didn't last long. Their is no better Neighbours them tune than the Barry Crocker version from the 80s. Everything since has just been an exercise in diminishing returns.

times have moved on, and in todays generation, it will sound really crap and outdated, its not the 80s anymore,
    I like the current one, but wouldnt mind a new modern one,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    benbenalen wrote: »
    times have moved on, and in todays generation, it will sound really crap and outdated, its not the 80s anymore,
    I like the current one, but wouldnt mind a new modern one,

But a lot of the ones since sounded crap. The new one sounds crap!!! Corrie and EE have iconic theme tunes. So did Neighbours. Everyone could sing and hum the theme tune to Neighbours. Even now if you asked most people to hum/sing the Neighbours theme tune, they would give you the 80s version I bet. That's the best compliment any brand can have, that it is known by all and not changed practically beyond recognition from the original concept. Some things transcend "Trends". It could be tweaked without being completely different, the way Corrie has done over 52 years. This latest version seems like an attempt to be completely different. It's the kind of thing that didn't even happen under Bower this badly. With Neighbours it always just seems like change for changes sake. Who really can't go more than a year or two without new credits and theme tune? Are people so quick to bore these days? With every re-hash I used to get gradually more p!ssed off. We've had everything from reedy voiced women singers to what sounded like a calypso beat!!! :D
  • Options
    soapnutsoapnut Posts: 6,906
    Forum Member
    Creamtea wrote: »
    But a lot of the ones since sounded crap. The new one sounds crap!!! Corrie and EE have iconic theme tunes. So did Neighbours. Everyone could sing and hum the theme tune to Neighbours. Even now I'd you asked most people to hum/sing the Neighbours theme tune, they would give you the 80s version I bet. Some things transcend "Trends". It could be tweaked without being completely different, the way Corrie has done over 52 years.

I agree. The current one sounds flat and out of tune. The new one is probably the worst arrangement yet and the lyrics have been chopped so what's the point? It wouldn't surprise me if we only see a closing theme come april and the titles are sensationally scrapped, as were Home and Away's, to make way for more pointless ads and to line greedy pockets. Basically, the legendary, familiar little ditty that is the Neighbours theme has been ripped to shreds and is now hardly recognisable. They are making a humungous mistake allowing some Brit or Ozzie X Factor wannabe murder it altogether! What do Tony Hatch and Jackie Trent think of it all or are they still behind the abominations of their classic original? :confused:
  • Options
    alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    needs a didjeridoo in the background - seriously
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,319
    Forum Member
    alienpanda wrote: »
    needs a didjeridoo in the background - seriously

They can borrow mine
  • Options
    lionkingonstagelionkingonstage Posts: 3,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am i missing something here?

Its sounds just like the current one but with people singing over it?

Am I watching the right video?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Am i missing something here?

Its sounds just like the current one but with people singing over it?

Am I watching the right video?

http://www.neighboursremixed.com.au/

watch the latest submissions thats how it will be but with bigger singer hopefully
  • Options
    lionkingonstagelionkingonstage Posts: 3,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow!!!!! I bloody love it, such a better version than what we have. I love the Ben Whitehead and Bonnie Lemke versions.

Brilliant, bring it on. I'm happy for this change
  • Options
    Melanie858Melanie858 Posts: 3,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got to admit it's grown on me since yesterday. It is better than the one we've had for the last few years at least.
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must be listening to something other than some of you. I've not heard anything as offensive to music in a long while. I was seriously considering entering when I read about it, but there is not enough money (or trips to Australia) in the world for me to put my name anywhere near that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JamieHT wrote: »
    I must be listening to something other than some of you. I've not heard anything as offensive to music in a long while. I was seriously considering entering when I read about it, but there is not enough money (or trips to Australia) in the world for me to put my name anywhere near that.

i agree, why do we need to hear the word neigbours repeated 4 times, could they not just give us another line:confused: