Not eating meat on Good Friday.

crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Do you observe this, whether you're religious or not? I don't. My wife said "remember no meat tomorrow" so I said "I don't observe that as I'm a lapsed Catholic so will eat what I want" She called me a DEVIL. :eek: :rolleyes: Anyway told me not to give daughter meat tomorrow. We used to observe it when I was a kid too, always fish but had that every Friday anyway.

I'd better not do them a bacon or sausage buttie in the morning then. :D

Comments

• far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    never even heard that before :L
  • crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    far2cool wrote: »

Yeah Catholics don't eat meat Good Friday. Not sure about other religions.
  • EmpiricalEmpirical Posts: 10,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No I dont.
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Used to abstain from meat on good friday when I was a nipper, but it wouldnt cross my mind to do so now....
  • TxBelleTxBelle Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would not make a good Catholic Im afraid.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tourista wrote: »
    Used to abstain from meat on good friday when I was a nipper, but it wouldnt cross my mind to do so now....

Me neither. May have fish tomorrow actually so we all have the same but wouldn't go out of my way to avoid meat.
  • SchnableSchnable Posts: 1,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Not eating meat on Good Friday."

Oh thanks for the reminder. Hope I can find a butchers open tomorrow as I wouldn't want to be found doing something religious.

Not in 2012.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    I'm having steak tomorrow night.
  • Baboo YaguBaboo Yagu Posts: 5,803
    Forum Member
    Didn't think you liked people discussing your wife and child Chris. So why start yet another thread about your domestic issues?
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't avoid eating meat on Good Friday. It would make me a hypocrite. I'm not religious in the slightest. What would it matter if I did or didn't anyway?
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love meat too much. Sorry Jesus.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schnable wrote: »
    "Not eating meat on Good Friday."

Oh thanks for the reminder. Hope I can find a butchers open tomorrow as I wouldn't want to be found doing something religious.

Not in 20012.

LOL. I fancy a juicy steak right now!!!
  • BagpipesBagpipes Posts: 5,443
    Forum Member
    Do you observe this, whether you're religious or not? I don't. My wife said "remember no meat tomorrow" so I said "I don't observe that as I'm a lapsed Catholic so will eat what I want" She called me a DEVIL. :eek: :rolleyes: Anyway told me not to give daughter meat tomorrow. We used to observe it when I was a kid too, always fish but had that every Friday anyway.

I'm sure they'd be happy for you to slip them a sneaky sausage in the morning
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Baboo Yagu wrote: »
    Didn't think you liked people discussing your wife and child Chris. So why start yet another thread about your domestic issues?

Please. The topic is about meat on Good Friday. If you have nothing to add to the topic then why keep entering my threads? :confused: :rolleyes:
  • PsychedelicMonkPsychedelicMonk Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone told me you're traditionally meant to eat fish on Good Friday, but tomorrow's curry night and I don't fancy a fish curry.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone told me you're traditionally meant to eat fish on Good Friday, but tomorrows curry night and I don't fancy a fish curry.

Well as it's a non-meat day the obvious thing to eat is fish. I quite like fish curry. Prefer chicken or pork curry but it's nice for a change.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    far2cool wrote: »

Yes!

No meat on Good Friday.
    Believing Fairy Stories.
    Marriage = A man and a woman.

The rules are clearly written on the back of the membership card.

Did you not receive your 'Welcome Pack'
  • Renegade MasterRenegade Master Posts: 913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im a non practising Catholic but I don't eat meat on Good Friday
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember one Easter we went up to my parents on the Thursday evening and I asked for a bacon buttie on Good Friday morning.:eek: I'd forgotten actually. My mum did me one but my dad kept saying "you do know it's Good Friday don't you and giving me dirty looks whilst I was eating it" That bacon butty was lovely!! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm making seafood linguine for tea tomorrow, I'd completley forgot about the fish on Good Friday thing, it was purely coincidental.
  • HenryBaneHenryBane Posts: 4,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah Catholics don't eat meat Good Friday. Not sure about other religions.

Some don't eat meat every Friday, not just at Easter.
  • RowieboyRowieboy Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If you don't like people mentioning them then why bring their views into the thread. Just give your view and leave them out!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HenryBane wrote: »
    Some don't eat meat every Friday, not just at Easter.

Yeah come to think of it, some very devout ones don't eat meat any Friday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im a non practising Catholic but I don't eat meat on Good Friday

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm!

Just what is a non-practising Catholic?

If you ain't doing it then you are not whatever it is, unless Catholic is a race now.

It's like me saying "I'm a non-practising male supermodel Astronaut."
  • *weeschmoo**weeschmoo* Posts: 9,713
    Forum Member
    I don't, just because it's the habit of a lifetime - I don't eat a lot of meat anyway, hardly ever.