Options

I miss my baby girl so much, I just can't cope x help me please x

Comments

• Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Our old beagle Pepper cheekily used to dig up the bulbs in the small raised border we have. When she passed away a fitting tribute was to plant snowdrop bulbs that pop up the same time every year...the month of her passing. We think about her a lot but these little flower are a wonderful reminder and we now smile when we see them grow in 'peppers garden'

Ah, that's lovely.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    Our old beagle Pepper cheekily used to dig up the bulbs in the small raised border we have. When she passed away a fitting tribute was to plant snowdrop bulbs that pop up the same time every year...the month of her passing. We think about her a lot but these little flower are a wonderful reminder and we now smile when we see them grow in 'peppers garden'

That is really nice, We have sectioned off a part of the garden just for Abi, may do somthing like that because she loved the garden espically when it was sunny because she was a yellow lab she never seemed to get too hot and when the sun loungers were out she would squeeze on it with me and lie down....god so many memories of her that won't be the same without her.
  • Options
    BarbellaBarbella Posts: 5,417
    Forum Member
    That is really nice, We have sectioned off a part of the garden just for Abi, may do somthing like that because she loved the garden espically when it was sunny because she was a yellow lab she never seemed to get too hot and when the sun loungers were out she would squeeze on it with me and lie down....god so many memories of her that won't be the same without her.

Things will get better.

The happy memories will one day out weigh the sadness,and then you will be able to take pleasure from your memories.

We buried our old boy at the bottom of the garden- there are spring bulbs that mark his spot under the lawn, and a scented , flowering Jasmine climbing the wall.

Its my sun-bathing spot , and in the summer I sat out there , next to his Jasmine, with my two girls and a glass of wine. It felt really nice - a special spot for all of us.

I always think of this ( which I think has been posted on these forums before)

"Near this spot are deposited the remains of one
    who possessed beauty without vanity,
    strength without insolence,
    courage without ferosity,
    and all the virtues of man without his vices. "

It reminds me of why dogs are so special, and that I love them, wherever they are.

Best wishes.
  • Options
    dollylovesshoesdollylovesshoes Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :cry::cry::cry: Have been a long time member of DS but this is *one thread* That I cannot look at much:( Sorry I've lost my babies in the past but its so sad.:(

Anybody that has lost their *baby* I feel for you all and my best wishes for all of you.:)

Me thinks I will go now.:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    I understand exactly how you feel OP, and my heart goes out to you.

I've had my cat Jessie since I was a small child, and a couple of months ago we found out she had cancer. She was alright for a while but eventually got worse. She was put to sleep yesterday in order to release her from her suffering. I miss her ever so much, and I keep expecting her to wander up to me meowing that she's hungry or wants a cuddle.

It never is easy when you lose a pet. All I can really say is that it will get better eventually, and you'll always have those wonderful memories of her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :cry::cry::cry: Have been a long time member of DS but this is *one thread* That I cannot look at much:( Sorry I've lost my babies in the past but its so sad.:(

Anybody that has lost their *baby* I feel for you all and my best wishes for all of you.:)

Me thinks I will go now.:(

Sorry if this upset you....Thanks for your kind words x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Chrissy178 wrote: »

I've had my cat Jessie since I was a small child, and a couple of months ago we found out she had cancer. She was alright for a while but eventually got worse. She was put to sleep yesterday in order to release her from her suffering. I miss her ever so much, and I keep expecting her to wander up to me meowing that she's hungry or wants a cuddle.

It never is easy when you lose a pet. All I can really say is that it will get better eventually, and you'll always have those wonderful memories of her.

Thank you, I surely hope so, my world is so empty at the moment I'm lost without her beautiful face...:cry::cry::cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you, I surely hope so, my world is so empty at the moment I'm lost without her beautiful face...:cry::cry::cry:

nat It does get a bit better but it's very hard, and its still very raw. Our babies have thee most wonderful faces dont they? Their little mannerisims you will always remember. I'm sure your baby is with you as I feel my Dolly is (sometimes)

A little Prayer for your baby or anybody that has lost their beloved whiskered angel

And God asked the feline spirit
    Are you ready to come home?
    Oh, yes, quite so, replied the precious soul
    And, as a cat, you know I am most able
    To decide anything for myself.

Are you coming then? Asked God.
    Soon, replied the whiskered angel
    But I must come slowly
    For my human friends are troubled
    For you see, they need me, quite certainly.

But don't they understand? Asked God
    That you'll never leave them?
    That your souls are intertwined. For all eternity?
    That nothing is created or destroyed?
    It just is...forever and ever and ever.

Eventually they will understand,
    Replied the glorious cat.
    For I will whisper it into their hearts
    That I am always with them
    I just am...forever and ever and ever...
  • Options
    ejmejm Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chrissy178 wrote: »

I'm sorry for your loss as well Chrissy.

RIP Jessie x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Awww nats I spoke to you by Pm:) Today I had the terrible news about my sisters puss Luke, he had to be PTS he had acute kidney failure.....He was my sis baby out of all three of em....I as can understand cant stop crying...my sis had to be hard vet said he had about a year on drugs etc,etc but we all know what its like to watch your baby going away slowly and its awful....:(:(:(:(
  • Options
    cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Treating a dog like a human isn't good for the dog.

Dogs have completely different needs to humas.

And grieving excessivley over the loss of a dog can cause any other dogs you have to become distressed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cosmo wrote: »
    Treating a dog like a human isn't good for the dog.

Dogs have completely different needs to humas.

And grieving excessivley over the loss of a dog can cause any other dogs you have to become distressed.

Is not good for the dog ????????? My dog's had and have the best life ever DONT tell me it's not good for them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Awww nats I spoke to you by Pm:) Today I had the terrible news about my sisters puss Luke, he had to be PTS he had acute kidney failure.....He was my sis baby out of all three of em....I as can understand cant stop crying...my sis had to be hard vet said he had about a year on drugs etc,etc but we all know what its like to watch your baby going away slowly and its awful....:(:(:(:(

I'm so sorry to hear that, hope you sis is ok even though I know the pain she will be feeling...send her a hug..thinking of her
  • Options
    Forum Member
    rosemary wrote: »
    Pets become much loved family members, I often refer to mine as my babies, but I know they aren't human babies, its just a way of describing the affection I have for them.

It's not unusual for the death of a much loved pet to inspire a piece of poetry or prose, using the written word is a totally natural way of coping with many of life's upsets.

One of the most moving things I have ever seen was Hollywood actor James Stewart reading a poem he had written in memory of his dog Beau

http://www.thedailytube.com/video/558/jimmy-stewarts-moving-poem-to-mans-best-friend

That was so touching...really made me cry :cry::cry:
  • Options
    rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was so touching...really made me cry :cry::cry:

Aww sorry, I didn't mean to upset you.

Don't worry about the things people are saying, If you are disturbed, then so am I and many other people who mourn the loss of a dearly loved pet.

I had a young daughter when my Bilbo died and I love her more than anything in the world, but it didn't stop me falling to pieces. I didn't think I would ever get over it, but life goes on, and eventually the sadness of his loss was replaced with a sense of being happy that I'd had him in life. I am sure it will be the same for you xx
  • Options
    toastietoastie Posts: 2,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It never fails to amaze me at how insensitive other people can be, so the Op reffered to herself as mother to her dogs? so bloody what, it isn't a crime.

I know it is a public forum but why be so nasty, I find it rather sad that people see fit to makes judgements about others with nothing more than a few written lines on which to base their theories.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps people do find some posts and re-acations to our pets death *weird*:eek: but remember this is a PETS FORUM. So anything goes , also there are many,many animal lovers (not only of cats/dogs) that like to just post their thoughts down in this forum and why not:confused:

Its a way of *letting it all out* :)
  • Options
    Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    toastie wrote: »
    It never fails to amaze me at how insensitive other people can be, so the Op reffered to herself as mother to her dogs? so bloody what, it isn't a crime.

I know it is a public forum but why be so nasty, I find it rather sad that people see fit to makes judgements about others with nothing more than a few written lines on which to base their theories.

I have no issue with her calling herself their mother or them, her babies, in this thread - I think that is quite understandable given her obvious grief. I think lots of people would do the same - it is quite common to refer to your pets in that way. I have done it myself with my dogs in the past. But I would never refer to myself as a mother in a situation where my meaning could be so obviously misconstrued. That is what I think is very strange.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    rosemary wrote: »
    Aww sorry, I didn't mean to upset you.

Don't worry about the things people are saying, If you are disturbed, then so am I and many other people who mourn the loss of a dearly loved pet.

I had a young daughter when my Bilbo died and I love her more than anything in the world, but it didn't stop me falling to pieces. I didn't think I would ever get over it, but life goes on, and eventually the sadness of his loss was replaced with a sense of being happy that I'd had him in life. I am sure it will be the same for you xx

Know it wasn't you it was just very touching, thank you for your kind words xx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sara Webb wrote: »
    Of course everyone is entitled to express their opinion on a public forum, that is a given. Where is the need, though, to continually make things worse for someone who is clearly grieving by making unkind comments about their mental state, which is what *some* here have done? Those who have done so are personally attacking someone who is vulnerable. It strikes me as being rude and totally unnecessary.

Why not just leave the OP alone instead of resorting to calling them "disturbed" etc? That IS nasty and is different from simply expressing an opinion. It's a personal attack.

Thank you for your support sara webb xx
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no issue with her calling herself their mother or them, her babies, in this thread - I think that is quite understandable given her obvious grief. I think lots of people would do the same - it is quite common to refer to your pets in that way. I have done it myself with my dogs in the past. But I would never refer to myself as a mother in a situation where my meaning could be so obviously misconstrued. That is what I think is very strange.

Ok an insight into my world - I am childless I had many late misses and two babies that lived a few hours we then gave up. But people ask almost everyday do you have children ? If I go into my story I get upset, if I say no, people ask why ? If I just say yes 2 they shut the hell up and leave me alone. Do I have 2 ? Yes 2 dogs ;)
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is very sad - I'm very sorry about that.

But I really don't understand this ( I'm not calling you a liar by the way, just my experience ) - I hardly ever get asked if I have children - once in a blue moon - and when I say " no " that is the end of it. Nobody has ever gone on and asked why or made a big thing of it. And neither should they, it is nobody's business but your own whether or not you have children or why. I have heard other people say that they get quizzed like you do so I do believe you, but I just think it is weird that it is not my experience. Maybe I have the look of someone who nobody is surprised I don't have children :o

But the OP was NOT asked about children in the thread in question. She volunteered, completely without prompting, the fact that she was a "Mother of Two" - do you really think it is unreasonable that anybody reading it would make the obvious assumption about what that means.
    And do you not think it is strange that she didn't realise that people would make that assumption ?

You are very lucky - even as I get older the questions still come, but now it is starting to be do you have any grandchildren (reminds me I should start looking at hair dyes ! ).

As to strange to say mother of two - yes it is but perhaps she was just angry and typed without thinking she would have to defend herself later ? Not good forum etiquette but it does happen sometimes I think.
  • Options
    SupportSupport Posts: 70,853
    Administrator
    A number of off-topic and disrespectful posts have been removed from this thread. Please refer to our terms & conditions to see what is/is not acceptable.
  • Options
    David ®David ® Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    I know how you feel natalie. I had a lab for 11 years. She went everywhere with me, to work, to the pub etc.. She would lay beside the bath when I was in it. We were inseparable.
    She died 8 years ago, I still have her picture and she will never be replaced.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    molliepops wrote: »
    Ok an insight into my world - I am childless I had many late misses and two babies that lived a few hours we then gave up. But people ask almost everyday do you have children ? If I go into my story I get upset, if I say no, people ask why ? If I just say yes 2 they shut the hell up and leave me alone. Do I have 2 ? Yes 2 dogs ;)

Hi Molliepops,

Really sad to hear your story - my heart goes out to you xx

I refer to Alf as my boy and refer myself to him as his Mummy. The only people who find this slightly weird are those who don't have pets. So, as far as I'm concerned I have two boys one girl with another baby girl due on Fri;)