The Ratings Thread (Part 35)

1153154155156157159»

Comments

• dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,279
    Forum Member
    Fudd wrote: »
    The BBC were rightly criticised yesterday (IMO) for the river coverage but the concert tonight - with a few dodgy moments - was brilliant. Well done to all concerned. :D
    The BBC done very well tonight. No Major problems welldone BBC :)
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dan2008 wrote: »
    The BBC done very well tonight. No Major problems welldone BBC :)

Until the last minute when they decided to run credits over the fireworks.
    Forum Member
    Andy23 wrote: »
    Until the last minute when they decided to run credits over the fireworks.
    Yeah but they still shown every second of it.

I hope they get a huge rating for tonight and im not even bothered it took EastEnders slot;)
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dan2008 wrote: »
    Yeah but they still shown every second of it.

I hope they get a huge rating for tonight and im not even bothered it took EastEnders slot;)

:eek::eek::eek: Nurse - dan2008's feeling unwell!

:p
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    The concert was superb. And the speech from Prince Charles was lovely. :)
    Forum Member

Must be my age:D
    I don't mind EastEnders being dropped for such events and i quite enjoyed the concert aswell.
  • iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why should he be bothered when the hour long episode on Wednesday means he gets an extra 30 minutes worth this week.

Might not be so happy when the Euros take away some of its slots though.;)
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iaindb wrote: »
    Why should he be bothered when the hour long episode on Wednesday means he gets an extra 30 minutes worth this week.

Has anyone got any sedatives? :D
    Forum Member
    iaindb wrote: »

:D
    Not really 'Extra' as there's only 2 eps Next week:p
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It'll be huge - even if everyone just watches it to moan. You don't want to be the one person in work or at the pub that doesn't get the reference to Grace Jones and her hula hoop. :D

Once it got dark the lighting and effects were great and they got in some nice aerial shots. The booking was uninspired to say the least. Too many "regulars" and they didn't get some of the bigger contemporary acts (I know Coldplay were in concert but no Adele? Maybe Beyonce as an American guest instead of will.i.feckin.am?!!!)

And I wish they'd stop booking comedians into these things. They could have filled the time with some VT footage of the Queen/Royal Family/Commonwealth etc. Plenty of material and it wouldn't have been a bad thing to squeeze a bit more of The Queen into the event!

As is often the case, it hardly mattered in the end. Prince Charles did wonders for his public image and the finale was perfect so everyone will go away feeling all happy and patriotic! In truth, that's what everyone tuned in for... otherwise the BBC would be bringing TOTP back next week! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agent F wrote: »
    The concert was superb. And the speech from Prince Charles was lovely. :)

When he called her Mummy, my whole house were in tears of laughter, I bet Cheryl will be flogging a story soon about how she stood next to the queen aha... I predict MAMMOTH ratings, just an amazing event and even if people where out in the day, they should've been home just in time to catch McCartney and the Speech/Fireworks... Really feel all patriotic after that...
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ending speach/fireworks will have peaked very highly.

It was funny how the 'token' modern acts like JLS, Jessie J etc were all shoved on at the start with the old favourites towards the end.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    danisfunny wrote: »
    When he called her Mummy, my whole house were in tears of laughter, I bet Cheryl will be flogging a story soon about how she stood next to the queen aha... I predict MAMMOTH ratings, just an amazing event and even if people where out in the day, they should've been home just in time to catch McCartney and the Speech/Fireworks... Really feel all patriotic after that...

The 'mummy' moment was wonderful. God love him. I think a lot of people will be seeing him in a new light after tonight.

I agree, it will have got massive ratings. This country just loves events like these.

Next stop the Olympic opening ceremony!
  • ronantronant Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing concert - mammoth ratings tomorrow, a peak over 15m I think. In a way it's a shame they even bothered with the pageant yesterday - a good idea but didn't really work, was very hard to televise and even those who went they saw very little. And it made poor Philip ill. And let's not forget who put tonight's concert on of course - the BBC.
  • D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agent F wrote: »
    Next stop the Olympic opening ceremony!

Or the Euro 2....0..... actually, forget it...

• grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent concert, glad to see the Queen smiling in parts. Maybe a 14m peak at 9:00 once CS ended, the average could easily be 10m+. Foolishly I went for 7m on RPG because it was long and against double CS special. I dont mind missing out on points hehe.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 293
    Forum Member
    Incredible concert, loved it from start to finish. Excellent production, though I agree with people on here it looked far better in the dark with the lighting and pyros. Thoroughly enjoyed it, and my twitter and facebook were going crazy tonight like I've never seen before. Expecting huge ratings in the morning, it deserves it.
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,671
    Forum Member
    I didn't watch the whole of the concert, but I did catch the last half an hour or so and it was enjoyable stuff.

Interested to see the ratings for the short BBC News bulletin at 10.50pm as well, can't imagine too many viewers tuned out straight away.
  • ScoreScore Posts: 17,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely amazing concert. Loved it, especially from when it went dark onwards and the ending was stunning. A few WTF moments (Grace Jones' hula hoop and Annie Lennox's wings! :D) but that's all part of these things. Prince Charles' speech was lovely and the whole thing was just superb. It was the complete opposite of yesterday's pageant, which was flat and miserable, whereas this was a really brilliant celebration and everyone involved in it deserves huge congratulations.

I really hope it gets massive numbers, although I'm nervous of making a prediction as it'll probably be way out - still pondering over what to go for in the RPG.
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,671
    Forum Member
    fodg09 wrote: »
    Correctly realising that no one will be watching, Sky have got Kay Burley singing and dancing along to the music in The Mall. They can't actually show any footage of the event as its a BBC exclusive.

http://tvnewsroom.co.uk/news/kay-burley-and-the-mall-sing-congratulations-45491/
    Well, her singing beats her interviewing skills. :D
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,738
    Administrator
    This thread is continued here: The Ratings Thread (Part 36)
This discussion has been closed.