Options

Harry Potter? >:(

malaikahmalaikah Posts: 20,014
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Harry Potter! Ok, I get it. Popular film. BUT I do not want to watch it right now! :mad: At our local Cineworld all they are showing today is bleedin Harry Potter :mad: The first time I get to be taken out and watch an 18 film, Jackass 3D is not on until tomorrow night! :mad: Not impressed at all! So now I have to watch another film I'm not really bothered about seeing at another cinema and it's all just rather irritating. Bleedin' Harry Potter.

Comments

• Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    I'm a huge HP fan...but are no other films being shown? if that's the case, that's bad. Not everybody is a fan.
  • Options
    malaikahmalaikah Posts: 20,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    I'm a huge HP fan...but are no other films being shown? if that's the case, that's bad. Not everybody is a fan.

No! I was very surprised. Nothing else until 4pm tomorrow!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love HP but a cinema not showing anything but HP? That's ridiculous!
  • Options
    NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP, please don't see Jackass as your first ever 18 rated film, try a proper film, something decent like that one about Mexican canibals.

Failing that go to the DVD shop and rent Alien on Blu Ray..
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Complain to the cinema then.

All the ones around my way are showing other things today too, they are on fewer showings/screens than normal but they aren't just showing Harry Potter.
  • Options
    BellaroooBellarooo Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    None near me have taken other films off. I saw HP the other night at 11:59pm, odd time but still. Was an awesome film. They played it in 2 of 5 screens :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    malaikah wrote: »
    No! I was very surprised. Nothing else until 4pm tomorrow!!!

Strange. I just checked every cinema on the cineworld website, and all of them are showing other movies today :confused:
  • Options
    blacksuit42blacksuit42 Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bigzarafan wrote: »
    Strange. I just checked every cinema on the cineworld website, and all of them are showing other movies today :confused:

Same here... think the OP was exaggerating
  • Options
    NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's no surprise that there are very few films other than HP out right now, it'd be suicide to release something big alongside it.
  • Options
    jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    Every screen in my odeon is showing harry potter to 7 pm but love harry potter but cried at the end dobby :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jackass might be absent from most cinemas today since it was released a while back.

Expecting Jackass to be available today is like ordering salad in Bobs Burger Bar.
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjesso123 wrote: »
    Every screen in my odeon is showing harry potter to 7 pm but love harry potter but cried at the end ******** :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Not everyone has read the books you know.
  • Options
    jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    Tassium wrote: »
    Not everyone has read the books you know.

You can't be harry potter fan and not off read books it would like being an elephant with no trunk
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjesso123 wrote: »
    You can't be harry potter fan and not off read books it would like being an elephant with no trunk

yes you can! what a silly comment to make! :eek: :rolleyes:
  • Options
    lakeslakes Posts: 4,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    malaikah wrote: »
    Harry Potter! Ok, I get it. Popular film. BUT I do not want to watch it right now! :mad: At our local Cineworld all they are showing today is bleedin Harry Potter :mad: The first time I get to be taken out and watch an 18 film, Jackass 3D is not on until tomorrow night! :mad: Not impressed at all! So now I have to watch another film I'm not really bothered about seeing at another cinema and it's all just rather irritating. Bleedin' Harry Potter.

i do feel for you there mate, i know some others that have done the same, all 7 screens harry potter untill monday night......all sold out by the way, so they no its making money even if it upsets some.
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was the OP's trip to the cinema pre-arranged or an on the spot decision? If it wasnt planed then, that's life, you win some you lose some.

If it was pre-arranged then they should have checked out well in advance what was showing at their chosen cinema. I note another poster commented that his/her cimema is having similar HP event and it sold out, which means it probably was advertised, and if it was advertised there it follows that it would also have been advertised at the OP's cinema. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
  • Options
    blacksuit42blacksuit42 Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    VickiGri wrote: »
    yes you can! what a silly comment to make! :eek: :rolleyes:

I'll rephrase what they said...
    You can't be a True Potter fan if you haven't read the books
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I havent read all the books yet :o
  • Options
    cheekscheeks Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see what the OP is getting at.....around 20 screenings a day is a tad OTT and takes away a lot of choice....HP is the only new film showing at my local Cineworld this week so what do you do if you don't like Potter ?

Also, the film is gonna be around for ages anyway so there's no need for so many screenings.

Sometimes Cineworld get things so wrong, the amount of decent films they've ignored this year in favour of shite such as Vampire sucks etc....
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cheeks wrote: »
    I can see what the OP is getting at.....around 20 screenings a day is a tad OTT and takes away a lot of choice....HP is the only new film showing at my local Cineworld this week so what do you do if you don't like Potter ?

Also, the film is gonna be around for ages anyway so there's no need for so many screenings.

Sometimes Cineworld get things so wrong, the amount of decent films they've ignored this year in favour of shite such as Vampire sucks etc....

That isn't the cinemas fault. That is down to the other film producers not daring to release a film the same weekend as a Potter film.
  • Options
    cheekscheeks Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    That isn't the cinemas fault. That is down to the other film producers not daring to release a film the same weekend as a Potter film.

My cineworld could have shown Easy A, considering it hasn't been arsed to do so yet....no excuses for not giving people some choice....:)
  • Options
    Rincewind78Rincewind78 Posts: 2,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gogfumble wrote: »

aye, thought would be suicide!
  • Options
    JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,103
    Forum Member
    My local Cineworld took off a Jackass screening last night and replaced it with an extra 7pm showing of Harry Potter. this was only advertised on the cinema door. Bit bad if people had pre booked to see Jackass at 7pm and then arrived to find it had been cancelled. It said there was a Jackass screening at 10.30. Oh so thats ok then is it? Just hang around for three hours to see your film!
  • Options
    Rincewind78Rincewind78 Posts: 2,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the Edinburgh cineworld is very good - quite a big choice to see still, even though it has many screens showing HP.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll rephrase what they said...
    You can't be a True Potter fan if you haven't read the books

Sorry but that's b0llocks as well.

You can be a true fan of a movie franchise without reading the books. That's utter tosh.

I know plenty of people that haven't read the Chronicles of Narnia - love the movies - same goes for LOTR. They know OF the books but haven't read them however are still massive fans- it doesn't make them any less of a fan because they didn't read the books.