Options

Take That Wembley E-mail : does this mean what I think it means?

Comments

• Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    If people have missed out on tickets, tough. I've lost count of the number of gigs I'd love to have been at but couldn't get tickets. Don't go messing around the current ticket holders. If you really are doing it for the fans, and not just a money spinning scheme, suffer for your art and arrange a second date without changing the first. Countless other bands do it.

If you're adding a second date for the London fans, are you doing a second date for the other cities you're playing as well? Surely it's not just because London is your biggest market, cos like you said, you're doing it for the fans, not the money.

[/cynical head off]

I don't think that's cynical, I think that's true!

Thankfully I'm not a huge TT fan, but I feel for those who have already bought tickets for that date who now may not be able to make the rescheduled date.

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    pixxyypixxyy Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What does that mean?:confused:

Those who've already booked travel/hotel, Hopefully as it's quite abit away they'll get full refunds.
  • Options
    CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thats really bad treatment from a group who are meant to adore their fans, sorry guys but you have seriously shafted some people, thought you were better than that
  • Options
    TommyGavin76TommyGavin76 Posts: 17,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pixxyy wrote: »
    Those who've already booked travel/hotel, Hopefully as it's quite abit away they'll get full refunds.

I don't think how far away it is makes any difference, if you get an advance rate they are non-refundable.
  • Options
    pixxyypixxyy Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think how far away it is makes any difference, if you get an advance rate they are non-refundable.

Not always, and i'm hoping people dont lose out to much.
    Especially as all the Hotels I saw doubled+ prices for Nights Take That are on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    I don't like Take That but I am confused?

It was changed from Sunday to the previous Thursday, but what are they now doing on the Sunday? Has the Sunday been cancelled in this case?!
  • Options
    edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was changed from Sunday to the previous Thursday, but what are they now doing on the Sunday? Has the Sunday been cancelled in this case?!
    Yes. Originally Monday 4th was a rest day, but as they've now added a show on Monday they've moved Sunday 3rd to the Thursday before so they can have the Sunday off. I still say they should have left the existing shows alone and just added the Thursday before as the extra date. They would have had to do one extra show before their rest day. Hardly back breaking is it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    edEx wrote: »
    Yes. Originally Monday 4th was a rest day, but as they've now added a show on Monday they've moved Sunday 3rd to the Thursday before so they can have the Sunday off. I still say they should have left the existing shows alone and just added the Thursday before as the extra date. They would have had to do one extra show before their rest day. Hardly back breaking is it?

Strange! Perhaps their show is going to be full on or something... they are getting old :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    james-dean wrote: »
    yes, but at least they're going.

i FAILED on that day getting tickets, as did many. For the sake of 4/5 days, it doesn't really matter. If they're that important, make new arrangements, or get a refund, i've got over not going.

But if you were actually going and then got told your date was to be rescheduled to a date that causes much inconvenience, you're saying you wouldn't be annoyed in the slightest?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got the email as well and like others am not best impressed. The reason I booked this date was because we could travel down when we wanted without having to take time out of work. Now we are left in the position where all of us who have tickets will all either have to juggle time off work to be able to go, which may not be easy given that we work in a small office and usually only 2 of us can go on leave at any one time, or get our tickets refunded.
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meanbugger wrote: »
    I got the email as well and like others am not best impressed. The reason I booked this date was because we could travel down when we wanted without having to take time out of work. Now we are left in the position where all of us who have tickets will all either have to juggle time off work to be able to go, which may not be easy given that we work in a small office and usually only 2 of us can go on leave at any one time, or get our tickets refunded.

I'm really annoyed too. I booked a Sunday so hubby didn't have to have time off work and my parents could travel 250 miles to look after my son.
    Also it's much easier to cross London traffic on a Sunday, I live in Kent so have to go from south east to north west.
    My son has special needs and we deliberately chose a weekend so he wouldn't be at school and panicking about a change to his routine, he gets absurdly anxious.
    I know it doesn't seem like a big deal to some, but it's a huge deal to me I'm going to have to start preparing my son now for something in June and then they could change it again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alli-F wrote: »
    I'm really annoyed too. I booked a Sunday so hubby didn't have to have time off work and my parents could travel 250 miles to look after my son.
    Also it's much easier to cross London traffic on a Sunday, I live in Kent so have to go from south east to north west.
    My son has special needs and we deliberately chose a weekend so he wouldn't be at school and panicking about a change to his routine, he gets absurdly anxious.
    I know it doesn't seem like a big deal to some, but it's a huge deal to me I'm going to have to start preparing my son now for something in June and then they could change it again.

You should actually that email to TT's management - everyone narked off for the changes should get in touch.
    Screw Ticketmaster, they're as useful as a chocolate kettle - the 1000's of people p*ssed about this should all get in touch with the management and tell them how they feel.
    And demand refunds for tickets / hotels / transport to London.
    It sucks big time. It's a sh*tty thing to do!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    What can I say??? I'm absolutely disgusted with this. I really cant get my head around it and no excuse will come close to them justifying messing fans around like this. It is a total lake of respect and is so inconsiderate its unbelievable. I was really looking forward to this and now I can't see how I'm going to enjoy the concert knowing these money bags have stitched me up and ripped me off good and proper. It might not seem like much money to them but we do not find it easy to afford luxury's like this. Not only did I spend the morning off work to take nearly fives hours to get tickets for a weekend. I have spent many hours researching and booking our hotels and train fares for eight people. The only tickets we could get were Wembley and we are travelling from the north midlands but I know many will be much worse off if they have to travel from abroad. As we have booked the cheapest we can find none of our hotels or train fares are refundable or transferable. We as a group will be over £300 out of pocket without taking into consideration getting time off work or loss of pay! I really don't know what we are going to do and all See tickets can offer is a refund and I understand its not there fault.
    Not only have we lost that money on hotels and trains when we book another hotel prices are more expensive for the week compared to the weekend savers we had. It's going to cost at least £36 more a room so that's another £144 down the drain and I have not even looked into train fares or anything else yet. It not just all this extra money and time off work that's an issue. I have had a right stressful day worrying about this, anticipating to get home to try and sort it out. Now I have spent the evening wasted, looking at websites, speaking to family that are coming with us to try to work the best way out of this. I can not state how miffed I am about this. Even the time its taken me to write this is now annoying me as I should not have to be doing this. At this moment I really hate them for doing this but they won't worry about us earning there multi millions from this while there fans are made to suffer. For their promoters to come out with some rubbish saying 'its for the fans and there is nothing they can do'. If its for the fans they would have left bookings alone and just added another date on Thursday but it was about money and them having time off. (Stuff the fans type of attitude!) It is unacceptable to change the date over a month after the booking took place as most will have made plans. Where is the consideration to even offer us the Monday date if that suits us best. If its really for the fans Take That would take some of there millions and pay for all the extra cost its cost there fans. Its there fault and they should pay for this but its not about us, its about how much money they can make. it makes me sick.
    And although there will be no acceptable excuse, someone said they will have their reason which will may never find out! well they need to tell us their reasons before they release things like this! Its shambolic the way the whole process has been handled and people like that don't deserve our money but they will get it!
    Rant Over
    From a very miffed and disappointed fan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pixxyy wrote: »
    Not always, and i'm hoping people dont lose out to much.
    Especially as all the Hotels I saw doubled+ prices for Nights Take That are on.

If they were doubling the prices of hotels I'm fairly sure they would have made them non-refundable as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    VickiGri wrote: »
    You should actually that email to TT's management - everyone narked off for the changes should get in touch.
    Screw Ticketmaster, they're as useful as a chocolate kettle - the 1000's of people p*ssed about this should all get in touch with the management and tell them how they feel.
    And demand refunds for tickets / hotels / transport to London.
    It sucks big time. It's a sh*tty thing to do!!!

You have no chance getting a refund on anything other than the ticket. The T&C's are structured for just this reason.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    tangsman wrote: »
    All get together and sue the promoter for breach of contract.

That wouldn't be possible. I'm sure it will state in the terms and conditions of the the ticket purchase that the promoters reserve the right to amend any of the details of the concert, such as the date. Standard practice, sadly. I know not many people will read the terms and conditions before buying a concert ticket, but such a clause will be in there and so legal action would not be possible.
  • Options
    lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry to here so many are disappointed about this change. For me its good news as I failed to get tickets the first time around so will be trying to get tickets on Friday for two at Wembley. By the sounds of it though there are going to be a few extra cancelled tickets available for other dates too.

As said previously, I sympathize with those that have booked specifically for a weekend and now its changed to a week day, that doesnt sound fair at all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am absolutely fuming about this!

people chose a weekend for a REASON! we spent hours and hours getting those tickets

Don't say you're doing new dates due to 'unexpected demand' IT'S YOUR FIRST TOUR WITH ROBBIE IN 15 YEARS, ANY IDIOT COULD TELL YOU THERE'D BE A HIGH DEMAND!!

It's really looking like you don't give a cr*p about your fans, you're just in it for the money, greedy golddiggers.

I won't be able to make it any more as I come back from a school Spanish trip that day, I DON'T WANT A REFUND!! I want to see Take That on the day they promised!!!

absolutely appalled.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Facebook is full of angry Take That fans and rightfully so. Loads of people had hotels booked and now might not be able to go and it's disgraceful. I've been finding it incredible hard to stick up for Take That lately,this just ain't on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    james-dean wrote: »
    yes, but at least they're going.

i FAILED on that day getting tickets, as did many. For the sake of 4/5 days, it doesn't really matter. If they're that important, make new arrangements, or get a refund, i've got over not going.

Clearly you haven't...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    Tut tut, what naughty boys adding more shows! If you lot hadn't made such a fuss about tickets then none of this would have happened :D
  • Options
    edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I DON'T WANT A REFUND!! I want to see Take That on the day they promised!!!
    This pretty much sums up my thoughts too. I'm going to have pile back into the melee tomorrow morning and try and get Monday tickets as some of our party can't go on the Thursday. Whatever happens those Thursday tickets are going back :(
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    revua wrote: »
    As we have booked the cheapest we can find none of our hotels or train fares are refundable or transferable. Not only have we lost that money on hotels and trains when we book another hotel prices are more expensive for the week compared to the weekend savers we had. It's going to cost at least £36 more a room so that's another £144 down the drain and I have not even looked into train fares or anything else yet.

Hotels maybe but maybe you could enlighten me as to how you've managed to book trains when advance tickets are released twelve weeks in advance? As far as I know there are no train tickets for June/July next year on sale at the moment!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edEx wrote: »
    This pretty much sums up my thoughts too. I'm going to have pile back into the melee tomorrow morning and try and get Monday tickets as some of our party can't go on the Thursday. Whatever happens those Thursday tickets are going back :(

I'll be at school tomorrow so i'll just have to hope my mum doesn't give up if all the sites crash!!