Geordie Shore

Comments

• jimmyladjimmylad Posts: 729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    margaritaa wrote: »
    I'm sure only one of them is actually from Newcastle :rolleyes:

One of them is from South Shields I think. Its fine having people from Gateshead, North Tyneside or parts of South Tyneside, and even places like Blyth in Northumberland, but it gets ridiculous when you have people from Sunderland, Middlesbrough and County Durham!
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure only one of them is actually from Newcastle :rolleyes:

No, Vicky's from Newcastle as well. They've basically taken different sections of the North East and put them in the show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jimmylad wrote: »
    One of them is from South Shields I think. Its fine having people from Gateshead, North Tyneside or parts of South Tyneside, and even places like Blyth in Northumberland, but it gets ridiculous when you have people from Sunderland, Middlesbrough and County Durham!

How is it?

Jersey shore, none of them were from the shore, mostly from north Jersey, and pauly D was actually from near providence.

Providence to the shore is a lot longer than middlesborough to newcastle, the point is to have people come from areas outwidth, to party and have a holiday, isnt it?
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    I think this programme will be my guilty pleasure:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No it's not. I think this show's based on accents rather than Geordie people.
  • John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think this programme will be my guilty pleasure:o

I'm watching it on Plus 1, great innit?:p:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    No it's not. I think this show's based on accents rather than Geordie people.

Half of them don't have Geordie accents though!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Half of them don't have Geordie accents though!

We do.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    Some of these girls are a bit RAF

I had to consult 'Urban dictionary' for that one.:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 355
    Forum Member
    Obviously the names a play on 'Jersey shore' but wheres the 'shore' in Jesmond, Newcastle :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously the names a play on 'Jersey shore' but wheres the 'shore' in Jesmond, Newcastle :p

If you look at each of the videos, I think they're meaning on both sides of the river.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The Shore would be Whitley Bay I guess
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 355
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    If you look at each of the videos, I think they're meaning on both sides of the river.

I supposed that makes sense too :o:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That show is a disgrace. the woman are all a bunch of slappers and the guys are load of posers who love themselves. stupid, thick tossers that give Newcastle a bad name :mad: hope it gets the plug.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sadly you could find a similar 'cast' anywhere in the country and people would be falling over themselves to take part if given the opportunity to get their faces on screen.:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked Greg, he seemed like the only decent-ish one. Vicky seemed a bit sly to me. I'm not too keen on her.

It seems like an alright show, not as bad as I thought it would be :)
  • johnson293johnson293 Posts: 1,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Shore would be Whitley Bay I guess

Aye, thats it - one of them (one of the meatheads) was talking on local radio yesterday saying "not many people even know that Newcastle has a beach".. :rolleyes:

Actually, Newcastle doesn't have a beach - there are however beaches on the NE coast, which is about 9 miles east of Newcastle.
    John Dough wrote: »
    Sadly you could find a similar 'cast' anywhere in the country and people would be falling over themselves to take part if given the opportunity to get their faces on screen.:rolleyes:

Exactly - you could change the title and all references from 'Geordie' to 'Chav' or 'Charver' and it would all still fit.
  • mattybmattyb Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG turned this off after five minutes.
    Where did they find these 'individuals'?
    I've been entertained more watching Strangeways than this.

At least they kept up good old northeast tradition by starting fights because they were being looked at. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked it :) the people seem entertaining, and quite I can't wait to see the rest of the series I already prefer it to Jersey Shore .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glamorising flights in bars, the cast are just a bunch of slappers and muscle marys.

The sad thing about the fight is that the hand gesture was correct - he is a w****er

Not a good advertisment for the city.

I was embarrassed to say the least.

"In there like swimwear" WTF language is that
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    What a pile of shite! It's Viz live - The Fat Slags and those new characters - Shit for Brains.

Pull the plug now, it's a disgrace. :eek:
  • BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    Definitely car crash TV. It is full of the worst type of people imaginable.

I have no idea if they are genuinely that vain and self absorbed or they are just acting up for the programme.

Gaz is vile!
  • MiresiaVertetaMiresiaVerteta Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shows how low television standards have dropped over the years.

The thing is, there are tonnes of thickoes out there who love this sort of thing and lap it up. Why can't we have proper dramas? And as for MTV, it's MUSIC TELEVISION! Glad I don't have $ky.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    They're all several links down the evolution chain! I can't believe anyone would admit to liking it!!!!!!!
  • Wayne814Wayne814 Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are re-editing the rest of the series after last nights disaster.