Options

5yr old banned from eating chicken sandwich, because it wasn't Halal

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dosanjh1 wrote: »
    I don't get hysterical at the mere mention of Muslims like yourself but in this case if it's true about the Nando's gig then just go to another peri peri chicken shop,there's loads of them and they're as good or better than Nandos and don't work out to be a couple of hours of minimum wage work to eat there.

Why should he have to go to another restaurant though? why shouldn't the Muslim who complained just go to a halal place.

It is ridiculous how Britian panders to the every whim of every minority, and its even more ridiculous how the people of digitalspy will Militantly back them up.

Whether you want to believe it or not, the end goal of Islam is to convert everyone. This small change along with hundreds all over the UK is the stepping stones that will help them get their end goal.

inb4 im racist
    inb4 im ignorant

it is my opinion, I am entitled to it, more people than you think feel the same way - nothing again individual Muslims, but as a whole they want the whole world to convert to their religion.
  • Options
    PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know a couple of people who work at the nursery in question, and I know someone who knows the mum... Apparently she had been told to bring her with packed lunch because they hadn't done her meal registration yet, and the letter that the mum had from Merton council (as shown in the link in the OP) did say that she should provide a packed lunch for the daughter.

I have to say though that when the story first started popping up on FB it was 3 days ago and it was people sharing the story from Britain First's page. So I'm not sure how much of a spin they put on it before it made it into the mainstream media.

Britain First's "reporting" of it seemed to be actively encouraging the 'racially and religiously aggravated communications sent to the said location' that the police have received complaints about.
  • Options
    MoggioMoggio Posts: 4,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scofield wrote: »
    Why should he have to go to another restaurant though? why shouldn't the Muslim who complained just go to a halal place.

It is ridiculous how Britian panders to the every whim of every minority, and its even more ridiculous how the people of digitalspy will Militantly back them up.

Whether you want to believe it or not, the end goal of Islam is to convert everyone. This small change along with hundreds all over the UK is the stepping stones that will help them get their end goal.

inb4 im racist
    inb4 im ignorant

it is my opinion, I am entitled to it, more people than you think feel the same way - nothing again individual Muslims, but as a whole they want the whole world to convert to their religion.

What is it about the chicken being halal that prevents you from eating there?

If you were really concerned about the welfare of the chicken you most certainly wouldn't be eating in a Nandos in the first place.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moggio wrote: »
    What is it about the chicken being halal that prevents you from eating there?

If you were really concerned about the welfare of the chicken you most certainly wouldn't be eating in a Nandos in the first place.

I personally couldn't care if its halal or koshir or whatever, it tastes the same to me, but some PETA folk (dont get me started on them) believe it to be a cruel way to kill the animals. But that wasn't my point at all.
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,572
    Forum Member

It is ridiculous how Britian panders to the every whim of every minority, and its even more ridiculous how the people of digitalspy will Militantly back them up..
    You sound a mite hysterical. We don't pander to the "every whim of every minority", but a company may well make a change to halal if they think it makes commercial sense. They wouldn't do it just because of one complaint.
    As do Christian evangelists. As long as there's no force involved, they're fully entitled to feel that way.
  • Options
    JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    i dont want to eat halal meat at all ...so i cant eat any meat anymore in the uk as it isnt labelled. you cant be sure the chicken isnt halal or the meat in any dish isnt. a great state of affairs. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    Who the hell puts salad in a chicken sandwich? Yuck.

I do (sometimes).
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjwales wrote: »
    You sound a mite hysterical. We don't pander to the "every whim of every minority", but a company may well make a change to halal if they think it makes commercial sense. They wouldn't do it just because of one complaint.

Curse you and your common sense !
    Whether you want to believe it or not, the end goal of Islam is to convert everyone.

No it isn't.
    PrincessTT wrote: »
    I know a couple of people who work at the nursery in question, and I know someone who knows the mum... Apparently she had been told to bring her with packed lunch because they hadn't done her meal registration yet, and the letter that the mum had from Merton council (as shown in the link in the OP) did say that she should provide a packed lunch for the daughter.

I have to say though that when the story first started popping up on FB it was 3 days ago and it was people sharing the story from Britain First's page. So I'm not sure how much of a spin they put on it before it made it into the mainstream media.

Britain First's "reporting" of it seemed to be actively encouraging the 'racially and religiously aggravated communications sent to the said location' that the police have received complaints about.

If Britain First are involved, I suspect it's been massively blown out of proportion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Britain First are involved, I suspect it's been massively blown out of proportion.

So do I.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    blueblade wrote: »
    More bending over backwards to please Muslims - unreal.

If he can't eat there, tough shit. Eat somewhere else.

Do you believe what he said even happened?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Our local Nandos is going halal because one muslim bloke wrote to the local paper complaining he couldn't eat there.......

This never happened. Why would your local Nandos go Halal because one person complained? Wouldn't they possibly lose customers as others may not want to eat Halal food?
  • Options
    wavejockglwwavejockglw Posts: 10,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This kind of nonsense has to be outlawed once and for all!

There is no way religion of whatever sort should have any say in what is available for consumption in British supermarkets, restaurants, cafes etc.

I don't want fanatics dictating what my local food vendors should be offering.

People who want to live in places with specific religious requirements that they choose to believe in should go and live somewhere that suits those needs and should not influence or affect the lifestyle of indigenous UK residents.
  • Options
    Uncle_PhilUncle_Phil Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    Nobody should be discriminated against on the grounds of their religious beliefs (or lack thereof). Can we all agree on that?
  • Options
    Forum Member

There is no way religion of whatever sort should have any say in what is available for consumption in British supermarkets, restaurants, cafes etc.

I wouldn't worry. There isn't the slightest evidence of this happening.
    People who want to live in places with specific religious requirements that they choose to believe in should go and live somewhere that suits those needs and should not affect the lifestyle of indigenous UK residents.
    Why should they do that, if food outlets in this country are happy to meet their dietary requirements? It's a commercial decision for the company concerned, not a religious one.
  • Options
    MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
    Forum Member

Couple of things here... one being it never actually happened so there is no actual need to add it to the list of things we're apparently having to "bend over backwards to please Muslims" over. The other is that unless you actually own Nandos your edicts on an internet forum are going to fall short of your actual wishes and I doubt they're going to bend over backwards to please any blueblades :)

Besides I was informed by this very forum that all Nandos were halal... there were enough people here claiming they were boycotting the place for that very reason (although I doubt Nandos were planning to bend over backwards to please them either... if they can't eat there tough etc etc etc)
  • Options
    DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

People who want to live in places with specific religious requirements that they choose to believe in should go and live somewhere that suits those needs and should not influence or affect the lifestyle of indigenous UK residents.

The religious people are customers. If businesses think there's a demand for a certain type of product by that segment, they may well decide to supply it in order to make a profit. It really is that simple.

ETA: How long have "indigenous UK residents" been eating Mexican chicken, anyway?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

God is that all it takes to make you believe something bad about Muslims?
  • Options
    jacquelineannejacquelineanne Posts: 1,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

inb4 im racist
    inb4 im ignorant

It is my opinion too.
  • Options
    JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    the only way is to boycott the places/ fast food vendors and super market meat counters that have switched to halal meat. and those who wont tell you as well..hit them in the pocket and make them lose money instead of making more
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Inkblot wrote: »
    There's a (slightly) more comprehensible account from the Evening Standard

In an email supposedly sent to a parent who wrote in to query the incident, an unnamed kitchen worker is said to have wrote: “We could not provided [sic] her the lunch provided by home as we we’re [sic] not sure what meat was given. Without knowing what the mother has given it was not possible for me to serve the child this food.”

The nursery uses a private contractor, Zebedee’s, to provide their meals, with provision for halal and other dietary requirements and allergies.

But there is no mention on the nursery’s website - since shut down due to the abuse - to the requirements for packed lunches.

However a source at the school said: “This is all complete rubbish. We do not only allow halal meat to be eaten. It is not true and it has all been blown out of proportion with people spreading lies.

“To bring race and religion into it is ridiculous, for something that is not true.”

Sounds like the catering company may have put their foot in it.

I dont get why they could not let the child have the lunch because they did not know what was in it, one look would have told them chicken and salad ( and chicken is one of the meals served by their caterer so they have no problem with chicken it would seem http://www.zebedees.co.uk/docs/Nursery%20Menu%20Summer%2014.pdf unless all food ordered from them is halal ? ) , and if they are that strict then why not give the child a meal and if there were not enough then go out and buy something for her and speak with Mum later ( though no mention of not allowing packed lunches on their website which can still be access via the "cached" option , you don't let a child that age go without food.
  • Options
    Slarti BartfastSlarti Bartfast Posts: 6,607
    Forum Member

What did I say about being gullible? :D

It's almost as though you were just waiting to believe something, anything, bad about Muslims.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mesostim wrote: »
    Besides I was informed by this very forum that all Nandos were halal... there were enough people here claiming they were boycotting the place for that very reason (although I doubt Nandos were planning to bend over backwards to please them either... if they can't eat there tough etc etc etc)

http://www.nandos.co.uk/halal-chicken
    We have 64 restaurants which serve only Halal chicken and are signposted both in the restaurant and online. A small proportion of chicken sold in our other restaurants is also Halal and is not currently labelled when served. We continue to look at ways to offer chicken dishes which are guaranteed to be non-Halal.
  • Options
    Lil_MLil_M Posts: 2,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

inb4 im racist
    inb4 im ignorant

As a muslim, I use my man boobs to convert.

'Sitsback, does some chest exercises, and booooobs'.

If you have such a problem with halal, find the dirtiest animal, kill it and make sure the blood is not drained, take it home and wipe it with as much dirt as you want, cook it, eat it. There you go, the meat is not halal. No more Muslimification of Britain.
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have no problem with places offering Halal food as an option, but I am against in it being the only option. As other posters have said that there is more to the story than what is stated in the article. However the thing that struck me was that it was on the ITV website & not of that scum rag or the daily wail.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It is my opinion too.

Would be interested to know how you came to such an opinion.