Options

It looks to me like EastEnders are going to make Cora, Sharon's mother!

124»

Comments

• Options
    felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member
    Here we go, watch from the 19:18 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS3LQEaqqa0

Sharon has met her birth mother. She knew her and visited her often for a period of months, during which she met her half-brothers (though they weren't told who she was). Carol Hanley was not Cora Cross going under a pseudonym as some have suggested, and, given the lengths the producers went to to cast an actress with a huge resemblance to Letitia Dean and establish her as her mother, it would be moronic to retcon it so that Sharon was 'swapped at birth' and Carol isn't her real mother, either.

I don't know what I find more disappointing. The thought of EE actually doing this storyline, or the fact that some people actually seem quite receptive toward such a pile of crap..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good guess OP, because we've never met Sharons mum.
  • Options
    CorrieDaBestCorrieDaBest Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    How very original. :yawn:
  • Options
    Michelle JonesMichelle Jones Posts: 5,489
    Forum Member
    felixrex wrote: »
    Here we go, watch from the 19:18 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS3LQEaqqa0

Sharon has met her birth mother. She knew her and visited her often for a period of months, during which she met her half-brothers (though they weren't told who she was). Carol Hanley was not Cora Cross going under a pseudonym as some have suggested, and, given the lengths the producers went to to cast an actress with a huge resemblance to Letitia Dean and establish her as her mother, it would be moronic to retcon it so that Sharon was 'swapped at birth' and Carol isn't her real mother, either.

Completely agree with this and all the other posters who've poured cold water on this ridiculous theory:rolleyes:!

I don't mind the odd theory thread because they're quite fun but if this happened it would actually be more stupid than Dirty Den's comeback:eek:! Apart from being unlikely given what we already know about Sharon's real mother, does anyone else not think it'd also be ever so slightly implausible that just as Tanya finds out she has/had a secret sister, that very same sister swans into the Square just 3 weeks later due to a completely unrelated event:rolleyes:!!! Even diehard EE fans could give up on the show after that:eek:!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oops messed up a bit on that last post, I cut off some of felixrex's quote by mistake and it looks as though I wrote what he did:o!! Lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sharon is not Cora's daughter. Cora was just pissed at Tanya for going through her stuff, there is no big conspiracy
  • Options
    los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    Going by the threads based on 'facts' and 'spoilers' (and not made up, at all), Sharon's got quite a few juicy storylines when she comes back.

She's involved in Ben's murder reveal
    She's involved with helping Ian get over his breakdown
    She's involved with what was happening in Manchester with Max
    She has an affair with Jack
    She has an affair with Max
    She's involved with Tanya leaving
    She has an affair with Phil
    She's involved with Shirley leaving

I'm including being involved with Ben leaving in the murder reveal, but other than that, have I left anything out? I mean, I know she's back to buy the Vic, the club and the café, and was planning on going into business with Tanya in the salon, in between going to Book Club, but was there anything else? Is she a surrogate for Christian and Syed? Is she the minister who'll be marrying Zainab an Masood? Is she a new love interest for Denise?

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet this does happen, who cares if we have seen her mother before? Details have been changed for the sake of stories so why can't the same happen here? It can and might well be done. We shall see.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    los.kav wrote: »
    Going by the threads based on 'facts' and 'spoilers' (and not made up, at all), Sharon's got quite a few juicy storylines when she comes back.

I'm including being involved with Ben leaving in the murder reveal, but other than that, have I left anything out? I mean, I know she's back to buy the Vic, the club and the café, and was planning on going into business with Tanya in the salon, in between going to Book Club, but was there anything else? Is she a surrogate for Christian and Syed? Is she the minister who'll be marrying Zainab an Masood? Is she a new love interest for Denise?:rolleyes:

Yes there's something else! I can exclusively reveal that Sharon is also the new owner of McKlunky's:eek::eek::eek:!!!

Seriously though mate, your post was hilarious! Made me pmsl:D:o!
  • Options
    Forum Member

I'm including being involved with Ben leaving in the murder reveal, but other than that, have I left anything out? I mean, I know she's back to buy the Vic, the club and the café, and was planning on going into business with Tanya in the salon, in between going to Book Club, but was there anything else? Is she a surrogate for Christian and Syed? Is she the minister who'll be marrying Zainab an Masood? Is she a new love interest for Denise?

She will probably get raped by Derek at some point before revealing she's actually Alice and Joey's mother. She's probably Lauren's dad, too. She's also likely to reveal that Kathy's been living with her all this time as part of a witness protection set-up. And let's face it, she's obviously the one who's been shagging Kat.
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She will probably get raped by Derek at some point before revealing she's actually Alice and Joey's mother. She's probably Lauren's dad, too. She's also likely to reveal that Kathy's been living with her all this time as part of a witness protection set-up. And let's face it, she's obviously the one who's been shagging Kat.

ahahahaha!! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member

Pmsl:D!! And don't forget she also killed Archie:eek:! Stacey just took the rap for her:(!
  • Options
    Forum Member

Obviously. I mean, it's obvious. And I heard she is now the stand-in for Cora's bee-hive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes there's something else! I can exclusively reveal that Sharon is also the new owner of McKlunky's:eek::eek::eek:!!!

Seriously though mate, your post was hilarious! Made me pmsl:D:o!

I'm not making any of that up, btw! That's all stuff that has appeared on these forums as 'facts' about Sharon's return...
  • Options
    Sprite123Sprite123 Posts: 670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Should all of this turn out to be true, then I'd be very disappointed with EE in the direction that they've taken. What would be the long-term benefits?

The actress who plays Cora was previously in EE as Roy Evan's previous wife who if my memory serves me correct was on the verge of death.

I just can't put any logic into this.
  • Options
    LiamBerryTea ~LiamBerryTea ~ Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I honestly thought you were serious to start with lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The sheer determination to make Sharon Cora's daughter is still making me laugh...

How about we discover that Den Watts is in fact still alive? I mean, it's been seven years since his death, and many people tuned out of the gangster era and therefore wouldn't have seen his death. The fact that they dedicated an entire storyline to it is neither here nor there :rolleyes::D
    I'm aware of that and have argued as to why I doubt in the exterme that's the case; especially as I doubt John Yorke would let the EE production team retcon EastEnders to that degree.

There's no point, PrincessPerfect, facts and logic mean nothing apparently...
  • Options
    Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sprite123 wrote: »
    Should all of this turn out to be true, then I'd be very disappointed with EE in the direction that they've taken. What would be the long-term benefits?

The actress who plays Cora was previously in EE as Roy Evan's previous wife who if my memory serves me correct was on the verge of death.

I just can't put any logic into this.

I found the clip

http://youtu.be/eDSirB8_8S0?t=1m12s

She looks very different but once she talks you know its her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    I doubt this is likely, but anyone who saw the last series of Eastenders online program E20 there was a blonde girl called Ava,
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00k0bg4/characters/ava

It's unlikely but the name Ava isn't exactly a popular one to my knowledge, also if I recall the episodes I think she grew up in foster care, so maybe if she is Cora''s other daughter, Core gave her up?
    Then again I'd think the other sister (if alive obviously) would have to be older than Tanya cause I don't see why Cora would raise Tanya (and Rainie?) but not the third child.

Just a thought anyway :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    shadowstar wrote: »
    I doubt this is likely, but anyone who saw the last series of Eastenders online program E20 there was a blonde girl called Ava,
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00k0bg4/characters/ava

It's unlikely but the name Ava isn't exactly a popular one to my knowledge, also if I recall the episodes I think she grew up in foster care, so maybe if she is Cora''s other daughter, Core gave her up?
    Then again I'd think the other sister (if alive obviously) would have to be older than Tanya cause I don't see why Cora would raise Tanya (and Rainie?) but not the third child.

Just a thought anyway :)

Ava from E20 was actually called Olivia Bryan, she took the name Ava as a pseudonym
  • Options
    valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    I think if they are born dead they issue a Fetal Demise Certificate - that is after 20 weeks gestation. I think a birth and death certificate would be issued if the baby was born alive but died shortly afterwards, even just a couple of minutes. I am far from an expert in this area though so don't take my word for it and obviously procedures could have been different whenever Cora's baby was born.

EE ignore this stuff anyway, Alfie shouldn't have been able to name Michael as Tommy's father on his birth certificate - Michael and Kat would have both had to be there or send a letter of authorisation.

Yes you are right
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    i must be living in a cave for the past week to hear about this now :D