Options

Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

Comments

• Options
    onelegpegonelegpeg Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I keep trying to watch Ted. Can't seem to get passed the first 30 minutes. I see now they have just announced they are making Ted 2 (oh dear!)

The last film I watched though was Behind the Candelabra. I can't say I liked it but I couldn't stop watching. The acting was amazing - Michael Douglas was outstanding.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    'Moneyball'

Watched it a few times now, absolutely brilliant film.

8/10
  • Options
    dazzy71dazzy71 Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Purge 6/10 Very watchable but not as good as i was hoping
    The Colony 4/10 Saw the trailer and thought this could be good. It wasn't, the potential was there as well but let down with the script
  • Options
    SkyfallSkyfall Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    The Wolverine
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    onelegpeg wrote: »
    I keep trying to watch Ted. Can't seem to get passed the first 30 minutes. I see now they have just announced they are making Ted 2 (oh dear!)

I'm a fan of Family Guy so I was quite disappointed by this. It had a few funny moments but overall it was a bit meh.
  • Options
    bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Oblivion - Very disappointing, tedious and dull and when TWO Tom Cruises showed up that just about done it for me! 3/10 for some of the visual effects.
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the Punch - actually quite enjoyable 6/10
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Inception. 8/10.

I LOVED it. It was kind of mesmerizing, and I ended up understanding more than I expected to. A bit of Leonardo DiCaprio is always a good thing, too. :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Seven Psychopaths 5/10 it was ok/funny in places. woody harrelson was great

Looper 5/10 not my cup of tea - should of been alot better

Next on my lovefilm list - django unchained, flight and welcome to the punch
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Wrath of the Titans - Nice to see Rosamund Pike
    Immortals - Nice to see Freida Pinto
    Hangover II - Some good bits. Thought it would be funnier.
  • Options
    NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    The Prestige 10/10

Best film I have seen in a while, I wish I had seen it sooner. In fact I only really bought it when I found out David Bowie was in it :o

Great story, satisfying reveals. I had to buy the book today as I have heard it's a lot more sci-fi, and a tad more eerie.

Tempted to prattle on a bit more about it but it's hard to go on a bit more without spoilers!

A story about rivalry and shocking obsession between two victorian magicians :D
  • Options
    Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oblivion (LINK)

It was ok but I expected a lot more from it. It was slow (it never really picks up) and very predictable. Still a good performance by Tom Cruise and the special effects are decent. There's a good story in there but it never gets ambitious - which is unfortunate. And there's not much action in this so if you're looking for excitement, then this is not for you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    NoseyLouie wrote: »
    The Prestige 10/10

Best film I have seen in a while, I wish I had seen it sooner. In fact I only really bought it when I found out David Bowie was in it :o

Great story, satisfying reveals. I had to buy the book today as I have heard it's a lot more sci-fi, and a tad more eerie.

Tempted to prattle on a bit more about it but it's hard to go on a bit more without spoilers!

A story about rivalry and shocking obsession between two victorian magicians :D

its a brilliant film, highly recommend it and i'm not a big fan of magic magicians.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    its a brilliant film, highly recommend it and i'm not a big fan of magic magicians.

Yeah :D I read a bit of the blurb on the back before i put it on, I was a bit meh at first but by the 10 minute mark I was most intrigued. Hehe not a fan of magicians or movies about them myself, but this is so much more (imo!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    onelegpeg wrote: »

The last film I watched though was Behind the Candelabra. I can't say I liked it but I couldn't stop watching. The acting was amazing - Michael Douglas was outstanding.

Ted, I enjoyed it when I was stinking drunk, saw it for what it was when I was sober, lol won't be buying Ted 2 come on macfarlane, family guy movie lol, maybee not...hmm.

I am intrigued by beyond the candelabra, the trailers seem basically..wow Michael Douglas and Matt Damon what?!! I'll give it a go on dvd just to see it, seems so bizarre!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah :D I read a bit of the blurb on the back before i put it on, I was a bit meh at first but by the 10 minute mark I was most intrigued. Hehe not a fan of magicians or movies about them myself, but this is so much more (imo!)

I wasn't expecting to like it but the way the magicians obsese over the magic trick/illusion was intriguing.
    and yes David Bowie popping up is always great :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wasn't expecting to like it but the way the magicians obsese over the magic trick/illusion was intriguing.
    and yes David Bowie popping up is always great :D

Hehe good old Bowie intrigued me at the V&A they showed a clip of his performance of Nikola Tesla, that made me seek it out...Hugh Jackman is excellent in it, I am a fan of his now. Bale was superb in it also, and Mr Caine...was a super cast!

Three times I have watched it now since Saturday, my 11 year old daughter is too smart she worked out one of the things early on. I only worked out the more fantastical things early, hehe!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hehe good old Bowie intrigued me at the V&A they showed a clip of his performance of Nikola Tesla, that made me seek it out...Hugh Jackman is excellent in it, I am a fan of his now. Bale was superb in it also, and Mr Caine...was a super cast!

Three times I have watched it now since Saturday, my 11 year old daughter is too smart she worked out one of the things early on. I only worked out the more fantastical things early, hehe!

Bale's one of my fav actors. check out the machinist, american psycho and the fighter
    the prestige is definitely worth a rewatch, just added to my ever growing lovefilm list:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bale's one of my fav actors. check out the machinist, american psycho and the fighter
    the prestige is definitely worth a rewatch, just added to my ever growing lovefilm list:D

Oh the machinist is a thing of beauty also, I have watched it umpteen times, I couldn't get over the sacrifice bale achieved for his acting art (wink!) Another extremely dark well crafted film, I can't help but think a slight NIN track would have been appropriate. I love how the viewer is drawn into it, still at points I wonder what is the reality, especially the fish bit :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    Blue Velvet - 7.5/10

Medium Cool - 7.5/10

The Lost Boys - 2/10

Paranormal Activity - 2/10
  • Options
    katiso41katiso41 Posts: 1,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a day on the settee yesterday and watched these, none of them for the first time

Tale of Two Cities ( Dirk Bogarde ) Superb 9/10
    Psycho 8/10
    The Birds 6/10
    Michael Collins 9/10

I also fitted in a recorded Columbo between the last two which featured my favourite villain Jack Cassidy
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Blue Velvet - 7.5/10

Medium Cool - 7.5/10

The Lost Boys - 2/10

Paranormal Activity - 2/10

Been a good 10 years since I viewed the lost boys why so low for yourself?
  • Options
    fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    The Wolverine (2013) - 3/5
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters - 6/10

Silly, but fun, mostly due to the R-rating. Shame to see that the sequel will likely be PG-13. I'm really sick to fu**ing death of that certificate now.
  • Options
    The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    Welcome to the Punch 6/10
This discussion has been closed.