Options

Cleo same agent as Jade - does it matter?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,439
Forum Member
✭✭✭
If not, why do all threads and posts referring quite innocently to this fact keep vanishing from the official C4 BB website?

:rolleyes:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    Have you looked on the john noel website? cleo isn't on there!

http://www.johnnoelmanagement.com/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Blondie - your response was my response the first time I saw this posted on DS - I went and looked it up and thought the poster was talking nonsense.

But then they posted a Spotlight link and indeed if you look it up on the Spotlight website, Cleo Rocos comes up as represented by Jade's agent.

I have no idea why it's not on his own website - maybe he's only very recently signed her up - but Spotlight is a highly respected professional and commercial website so I doubt it's wrong.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 395
    Forum Member
    Her agents details are not on IMDB now??? It does say in spotlight that her agent is John Noel Management though!!
  • Options
    DeniseDenise Posts: 12,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It does matter that they are with the same agent in a game based on nominations. If you are from the same stable, of course you wont vote out your own.

You also can't go round saying anything bad about your agents other clients, they wouldn't be too happy if you said or did anything to hurt their reputation.
  • Options
    PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would explain why Cleo came out with such rubbish as "Jackiey is the most wonderful person I have met" and why she just sat there and said nothing while Jade tried to destroy Shilpa's character and "I love Jack.he is so focused" crap.
    She was probably told by the Noel group not to criticise Jade as a lot of their income comes from Jade doing well.
  • Options
    CameronBB4CameronBB4 Posts: 3,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It matters to people like us who have a greater than average interest in the programme. I don't know that it's that important to the GBP. Even if the average man in the street knew, would it really matter that much to him?
  • Options
    polltaxdramapolltaxdrama Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you looked at that site the day the HM's entered the house Cleos bio and picture were there but were soon moved for reasons unbeknown..../
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CameronBB4 wrote:
    It matters to people like us who have a greater than average interest in the programme. I don't know that it's that important to the GBP. Even if the average man in the street knew, would it really matter that much to him?

Hi Cameron,

How would you have felt if in BB4 some of the other contestants were already friends outside and some sharing the same agent? Groups already formed is hard to go up against when it comes to nominations.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Denise wrote:
    It does matter that they are with the same agent in a game based on nominations. If you are from the same stable, of course you wont vote out your own.

You also can't go round saying anything bad about your agents other clients, they wouldn't be too happy if you said or did anything to hurt their reputation.

Hi Denise - indeed. So following the "same stable" principle, that's Cleo, Jade, Jackiey and Jack going into the house from the same stable.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Denise - indeed. So following the "same stable" principle, that's Cleo, Jade, Jackiey and Jack going into the house from the same stable.

If only someone could have closed the door first...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paace wrote:
    Would explain why Cleo came out with such rubbish as "Jackiey is the most wonderful person I have met" and why she just sat there and said nothing while Jade tried to destroy Shilpa's character and "I love Jack.he is so focused" crap.
    She was probably told by the Noel group not to criticise Jade as a lot of their income comes from Jade doing well.

Hi Paace, - it's certainly the closest explanation I can think of for Cleo's strangely painful tributes in the house to Jackiey, Jade and Jack - although maybe I'm being unfair and these characters just don't come across on TV as the truly wonderful beings they really are...
    :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hi serendipitea, add Danielle to that who is either a friend of Jade's for a year or met three times including being invited to her party, depending which one is the truth ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

ha ha ! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Denise wrote:
    Hi serendipitea, add Danielle to that who is either a friend of Jade's for a year or met three times including being invited to her party, depending which one is the truth ;)

Hi again Denise - was wondering what she was doing in there
    :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    Absolutely - but it doesnt stop there - remember Nikki and Grace, and indeed the Golden ticket winner, Jodie Marsh... and dont forget Leo knew EVRYONE...!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    Denise wrote:

Why "of course" ?

The whole John Noel Management thing is a complete red herring. Managers don't tell their clients what to do and they are not in charge of their clients... their clients employ them for advice, guidance and negotiating skills etc.

They share the same management but they're more likely to be friendly with people they've worked with before than someone who just happens to employ the same manager as them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm loath to all this talk of shared agents as if it's the heart of some amazing conspiracy.

Why does Russell want to show compassion to Jade? Is it because he has met her and knows her a little? Far too simple? Is it because his general social attitudes are very liberal? Nah. How about his rooting in Eastern philosophy and religion? No way! It's because the same company (or even person) helps them find work in completely separate fields!!! How silly of me!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely - but it doesnt stop there - remember Nikki and Grace, and indeed the Golden ticket winner, Jodie Marsh... and dont forget Leo knew EVRYONE...!

Oh for those golden days of golden tickets and even whiter teeth! Nikki frolicking one hand aloft in the disco, Grace trapezing away. And Leo - who did indeed know EVERYONE. I miss him so much.

But to get back to the point of this thread, did they all have the same agent? And was anyone trying to keep it a secret?
  • Options
    Laffin AssasinLaffin Assasin Posts: 2,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My how I laughed, hope some one else picks up on this one . :)
  • Options
    DeerdDeerd Posts: 21,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why "of course" ?

The whole John Noel Management thing is a complete red herring. Managers don't tell their clients what to do and they are not in charge of their clients... their clients employ them for advice, guidance and negotiating skills etc.

They share the same management but they're more likely to be friendly with people they've worked with before than someone who just happens to employ the same manager as them.

But John Noel has close links to the Show allowing for the possibility that his clients are given preferential treatment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why "of course" ?

Common interest ?? Team players ??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why "of course" ?

Hi. I appreciate the thoughtfulness of your argument but it's rather naive. I don't know what you think managers are paid to do if not to manage, and nowhere more so than in the brutal world of talent management.

I think you will find that high level agents have tiers of clients which they are often forced to, or decide to play like poker cards. The newer and more needy clients (as I will hazard in an educated guess Cleo is in this case) are very much in thrall to their agents.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deerd wrote:
    But John Noel has close links to the Show allowing for the possibility that his clients are given preferential treatment.

Preferential treatment being the common denominator ??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    Paace wrote:

Based on their performance to date, would you want to be represented by the same agent as Jade and Cleo ?

They have got Jade running all over London, giving interviews to anyone with a microphone, while her kids sit at home wondering where Mummy has gone. I don't know why they don't just get a bus logo-ed up and go nationwide - '
    Coming soon to a town near you, the Jade Goody-
    ' I'm sorry I forgot I was being filmed all the time I was bullying that nice Indian lady'
    -tour of Britain

And as for their ability to keep Cleo in the limelight - well, lets be honest, who knew she was even still alive

No thanks, guys !
  • Options
    polltaxdramapolltaxdrama Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why "of course" ?

Who are your most bankable clients at the moment?