Options

Ian's nomination

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
Forum Member
Must be a bit of a shock when you've 'tried to be nice and sit on the fence' - do you now think he was sitting on a barbed wire fence and it's now pierced his bum?? Will be see a different Ian in the next few days??? :confused:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well he doesn't go along with the bitching so the Coven probably don't accept him 100%.

Nobody dislikes him but they all have stronger allegiances.
  • Options
    FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don;t think so I think Ians probably the most himself of any of them in there,he;s aged about 60 years in the last two weeks
  • Options
    spikewomanspikewoman Posts: 12,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some might call it fence sitting others might call it trying to keep the peace for self preservation of sanity in a nut house!

I don't think he'll change much except maybe up tempo as they start to get demob happy
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But he's always 'happy'....
  • Options
    FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rattal wrote:
    But he's always 'happy'....
    there are people in this world who are always happy, Ian is just one of those people who tries to make a silk purse from a sows ear and I admire him for that :)
    Why in this country do we always have to knock people for being nice like it's some sort of crime :confused:
    Lots of love Pollyanna
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    Ian is the only Brit who won't be cursing the day he went on BB. Shown himself to be a nice, normal guy. A bit 'wet' but a nice guy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But, and the saying is "YOU CAN'T MAKE A SILK PURSE FROM A SOWS EAR" How many people sit on the b****y fence - "It 's nothing to do with me"which is just an excuse for letting horrible stuff happen, and that's OK as long as you don't pick on me... :rolleyes:

There are times you should stand up for what is right, even if it means you get picked on too - too many people turn a blind eye, and use the 'nothing to do with me' excuse - E-X-C-U-S-E.

You get mugged or attacked, do you hope the person passing by doesn't notice, because "It's nothing to do with me"???????
  • Options
    SPECKLEDUSTSPECKLEDUST Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He nominated Jo because he knows that she is not popular with the public, he's turned against Jo to save his own skin, very cowardly!. :(
  • Options
    neilkneilk Posts: 576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He nominated Jo because he knows that she is not popular with the public, he's turned against Jo to save his own skin, very cowardly!. :(
    yes indeed
  • Options
    robbies_galrobbies_gal Posts: 32,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dont think so i think hes jsut seen jo for wot she is a nasty little bully
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He doesn't KNOW anything of the sort. He might be able to guess that. His reasons were fairly sound. I think he'd have loved to nominate Danielle too, but Cleo had ticked him off more.

And anyway, tis but a daft game
  • Options
    BlodeuweddBlodeuwedd Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    I thought Ian was spot on with his reasons for nominating Jo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Ian was spot on with both his nominations. I can't really blame him for keeping clear of controversy within the house - self-preservation springs to mind. I don't think he's 'acting' the peacemaker role - I think it comes naturally to him (compare and contrast with Cleo, who at best makes a hash of being peacemaker, and at worst is stirring up trouble behind a benign facade).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    I thought it was courageous of Ian to vote for Jo. Although he's closer to her than any other hm he still voiced his conviction that 'sitting there laughing is the same as the joining in!"

Good on you Ian for speaking up. Get Jo and Cleo out!
  • Options
    MelBlanc22MelBlanc22 Posts: 3,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He did nothing to help Shilpa though did he?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian showed decisively tonight that he is NOT a fence sitter and will act in the way he sees appropriate. He nominates Jo, even though they have a lot in common, because he cannot tolerate her nasty behaviour. He also lightly tried to pull up the girls on their lack of decency in doing household chores.

Good on you Ian - I was unsure about whether to bother voting in the final (I'm sure he's safe for Friday) but now I definitely want him to come top 3 (behind Shilpa/Jermaine).
  • Options
    northamuknorthamuk Posts: 1,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Ian was spot on with both his nominations. I can't really blame him for keeping clear of controversy within the house - self-preservation springs to mind. I don't think he's 'acting' the peacemaker role - I think it comes naturally to him (compare and contrast with Cleo, who at best makes a hash of being peacemaker, and at worst is stirring up trouble behind a benign facade).

The chief witch (Cleo) was the first to sink her talons into him!
  • Options
    electra123electra123 Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he can't win. one thing about being a housemate that's for sure, you can't please all of the people, no matter what you do.

for me he's a bit wet, a bit anonymous and i've no big problem with him apart from that.
  • Options
    SPECKLEDUSTSPECKLEDUST Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MelBlanc22 wrote:

If he was such a close friend to Jo, he should have taken her aside and said something like, "Jo be careful, what you're doing is not nice, it's really horrible".

Ian said nothing to her, he was going to let her hang, and hang on her own. :o
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked his nominations: one thing is clear about Ian - he doesn't like bullies. :)
  • Options
    KewpeeKewpee Posts: 50,976
    Forum Member
    MelBlanc22 wrote:

On the contrary, I think he did. He asked Shilpa if he should complain to BB about the girls bullying, Shilpa told him not to, he respected that.

He also spent a lot of time with Shilpa, and still does, they have a great relationship, very relaxed.

He didn't verbally take sides, but it was obvious to all that he is/was firmly on Shilpa's side. Danielle and Jo commented that he had been taken in by Shilpa, because it suits them to think that Shilpa has coerced him rather than him choosing her company over their's.

Ian's not a confrontational sort of person, and being a long standing friend of Jo, it must have been very hard to be in the middle of all of that. Even so, he made it quite clear by his actions (and to us in the DR) that he was and is on Shilpa's side completely.

Dirk or Jermaine should've been more vocal about Shilpa's treatment, way before Ian should say anything IMO.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    escol wrote:
    He doesn't KNOW anything of the sort. He might be able to guess that. His reasons were fairly sound. I think he'd have loved to nominate Danielle too, but Cleo had ticked him off more.

And anyway, tis but a daft game
    How dare you be rational on this forum? :D
    I agree with that opinion, actually, although I was surprised that he chose to nominate Jo over Danielle. I think he deserves more credit than I've previously afforded him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for replies, glad I got some response, in fact, I really think Ian a good guy, but posting that as a thread would have had no response I reckon.

Hope he is in the final 4
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brave and honest. A good man
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like Ian, I did but I don't know just something about him :(