The John and Edward Appreciation Thread (Part 19)

Comments

• rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have a fab time Graf and everyone who is heading off to Germany..I can't wait to hear all about it :)

There are some nice pictures from the Victory tour in Ten Now Magazine:

http://www.teennowmagazine.co.uk/pictures/34735/jedward-don-sparkly-jumpsuits-for-german-concert-on-victory-tour/1

:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MarcPaulB wrote: »
    Enjoy your Jepic time on planet Jedward, Count, (and other DSers!) and don't forget to give us a report of what went on!! :)

I'm looking forward to the eurovision song, but I do hope that it is dissimilar enough from Lipstick so that people aren't saying they're doing something exactly the same. At least this time it will have been written specially for them (I hope?). I hope Linda Martin is as good a mentor as Caroline Downey-Desmond was - she knew exactly what was required for ESC as well as exactly what suited the twins style.

Linda has performed twice (I think)... so she should be perfect as a mentor... I was surprised last year, after Eurovision was over, that Caroline said that she thought 'someone else should have a chance to represent Ireland in 2012'. At the time, I thought uh-oh, what about J&E?

Regarding songs... J&E said that 100's of songs had been submitted for them to choose from... so, if they do pick a Priddy song, then something is going on behind-the-scenes. J&E carried the song last year, the song did not carry them. Also, the backing singers (incl. Priddy) almost blew it for the twins... they were horrendous.
  • MarcPaulBMarcPaulB Posts: 4,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pithywitch wrote: »
    Linda has performed twice (I think)... so she should be perfect as a mentor... I was surprised last year, after Eurovision was over, that Caroline said that she thought 'someone else should have a chance to represent Ireland in 2012'. At the time, I thought uh-oh, what about J&E?

Regarding songs... J&E said that 100's of songs had been submitted for them to choose from... so, if they do pick a Priddy song, then something is going on behind-the-scenes. J&E carried the song last year, the song did not carry them. Also, the backing singers (incl. Priddy) almost blew it for the twins... they were horrendous.

Well I'm hoping the song's a good one - it needs to be! And even if it's the best song ever, it still might not be enough to win....we all know what happens in eurovision :rolleyes:

Yes, I agree, the backing singers' performance wasn't the best last year - I think it was only the one female singer who wasn't up to scratch though (a bit screechy) the other times (rehearsal and semi) it seemed to be the mix that was wrong. I don't object to Dan Priddy as a backing singer, I thought his voice blended in well last year, which is what is needed - we don't actually want to hear the individual backing singers' voices.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'm hoping the song's a good one - it needs to be! And even if it's the best song ever, it still might not be enough to win....we all know what happens in eurovision :rolleyes:
    4 months before the contest I'd dare to say:
    Poland's 12 points to Germany, Portugal's 12 points to Spain, Cyprus' 12 points to Greece, Belarus' 12 points to Russia, Latvia's 12 points to Lithuania, and so on...

We all know how Eurovision works :rolleyes:
  • MarcPaulBMarcPaulB Posts: 4,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poland's 12 points to Germany, Portugal's 12 points to Spain, Cyprus' 12 points to Greece, Belarus' 12 points to Russia, Latvia's 12 points to Lithuania, and so on...

LOL - and - hopefully - UK: 12 points to Ireland :):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL - and - hopefully - UK: 12 points to Ireland :):)

IRELANDE DOUZE POINTE :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michael Buckley talking about the 500k video. I'm sure it's gonna help them to get a more few views :cool: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_lW34IKqSg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=P_lW34IKqSg

Michael Buckley has posted a video about them getting naked :D He starts talking about them at around 4:15 :)
  • ScheheraSchehera Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perez still does not mention the follower video but this video was seen in the USA :Michael Buckley "What the buck" (What the Buck is one of the most popular channels of all time on YouTube with 1 million subscribers and 300 million views since the summer of 2006. ) has talked about and gave even Jedward a shoutout for it : http://youtu.be/P_lW34IKqSg (4,10-5,58)
    Now will many people know about John&Edward in the USA, well done J&E promotion
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can I join in with this duplicate post fest?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no1clothes wrote: »
    Can I join in with this duplicate post fest?

LOL

btw if you check now the twins' video, the most voted comment right now is:
    Sent here by Michael Buckley and oh my god what is this?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL

btw if you check now the twins' video, the most voted comment right now is:
    Sent here by Michael Buckley and oh my god what is this?

Well, any publicity is good publicity as Mr Cowell would say :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Baby Katy wrote: »
    Well, any publicity is good publicity as Mr Cowell would say :D

Good Indeed, another comment:

Thanks to Michael Buckley for bringing this to my attention! Now, those are what I'd call good looking guys! I hardly ever comment on this site, but damn! and at the same time it makes me feel bad about myself. They got good genes and now I should probably go for a walk or something. Lol
  • quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That video where they are naked except for a few bits is hysterically funny. They are really sending themselves up on it.
  • SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My theory: Planet Jedward German Edition was released in mid 2011 and was basically a mash-up of the original Planet Jedward and the forthcoming Victory album. A few weeks later Victory was released with very little promotion. I just feel like they originally dropped both songs for Victory, but grabbed them out of the box again for the German Victory edition to justify the sale of another album that otherwise contains a lot of songs that were already released on the PJ album shortly before.

Adding weight to this, before Victory was released in the UK/Ireland, this track list was published:

Lipstick
    Bad Behaviour
    WoW Oh WoW
    EveryDay SuperStar
    Miss America
    Get UP and Dance
    Celebrity
    DiStortion
    Go Getter
    PoP Rocket
    Hold The World
    Biggest Fan
    Saturday Night
    Techno Girl
    Bad Behaviour REMIX

So it very much looks like those two tracks were removed from the UK/Ireland release, kept aside for the later German release.

But the question is, why those two tracks in particular?
  • SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    quasimoron wrote: »
    That video where they are naked except for a few bits is hysterically funny. They are really sending themselves up on it.

Yes, isn't it great? They cleverly tread the fine line of funny and Jexy. Everyone gets something different out of it! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member

no no no, Latvia gave 12 points to Italy last year . and 10 points to Ireland :D and I didn't even vote for the twins. this time I am going to vote, and I hope we will give not only 10 , but 12 points to Ireland !
    we don't really give points to Estonia or Lithuania, i think Latvia gave only 4 points to Estonia last year ? something like that. if anything, we give points to Russia (because of the large amount of russians living in Latvia ahaha)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adding weight to this, before Victory was released in the UK/Ireland, this track list was published:

Lipstick
    Bad Behaviour
    WoW Oh WoW
    EveryDay SuperStar
    Miss America
    Get UP and Dance
    Celebrity
    DiStortion
    Go Getter
    PoP Rocket
    Hold The World
    Biggest Fan
    Saturday Night
    Techno Girl
    Bad Behaviour REMIX

So it very much looks like those two tracks were removed from the UK/Ireland release, kept aside for the later German release.

But the question is, why those two tracks in particular?

Perhaps to even out the Priddy vs. 'other writers' ratio. On the UK version, Priddy has 6 out of the total 12 songs. On the German version, he has 7 out of the total 15 songs (counting the remix).

OR it could be something as simple as a contract snafu which held up the release of the two tracks.

It will be interesting to see what happens on their next album... I hope their management is more organized this time around.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The boys are on http://radioplayer.metroradio.co.uk/ right now...DJ'ing again :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosemary wrote: »
    The boys are on http://radioplayer.metroradio.co.uk/ right now...DJ'ing again :)

'This service is restricted to UK mainland only.' Blehhhhh....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pithywitch wrote: »
    'This service is restricted to UK mainland only.' Blehhhhh....

Aww what a shame :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no no no, Latvia gave 12 points to Italy last year . and 10 points to Ireland :D and I didn't even vote for the twins. this time I am going to vote, and I hope we will give not only 10 , but 12 points to Ireland !
    we don't really give points to Estonia or Lithuania, i think Latvia gave only 4 points to Estonia last year ? something like that. if anything, we give points to Russia (because of the large amount of russians living in Latvia ahaha)
    oh thanks :) I remember that my country (Spain) gave Ireland 7 points and for me that was like the best possible thing, because the 8, 10 and 12 were for France and Italy (neighbours) and Romania (because of the huge amount of Romanians living here). So those 7 points for Ireland were because the country really liked the twins' performance :)

Pictures like those tweeted by J&E today make me miss their modeling photoshoots:
    http://twitpic.com/89tsq5
    http://twitpic.com/89tu90
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ireland has often been generous to Latvia in the past as well : in fact, we've given decent points to all three Baltic nations in the last 10 years or so :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its just us in the UK that nobody votes for :D (although I am glad if it helps the twins win ;) )

Another vote...not sure what its for, but its doing the rounds on twitter..so thought I would post it here :)

https://www.facebook.com/questions/323242404372000/?ref=notif&notif_t=question_suggest
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosemary wrote: »
    Its just us in the UK that nobody votes for :D (although I am glad if it helps the twins win ;) )

Another vote...not sure what its for, but its doing the rounds on twitter..so thought I would post it here :)

https://www.facebook.com/questions/323242404372000/?ref=notif&notif_t=question_suggest

Mainly because you keep sending unknown singers Rosemary or clapped out acts from the past who last had a hit ten years ago. It's not entirely the BBC's fault either, as most decent acts in the UK wouldn't touch Eurovision with a barge pole.
This discussion has been closed.