Emmerdale - Past and Present (Part 9)

Comments

• Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Damnit, that stoopid XF has made me have a mildstone and I was supposed to save it for t'Daily tomorrow, like pixie's doing. I won't get any champers and canapes now. :cry::cry:
    Congratulations! :D

*hands OnJ knock off booze* :p
  • 80's Gal80's Gal Posts: 12,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Oh yes, thanks. I thought her acting was fine so far. :)

Congrats Jaded :) Have a (((((Cain Hug))))) :cool:
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Citadel wrote: »

Massive congrats on your massive mildstone, OnJ! :)
    Congrats!!
    Of course you will!

I've already got it chilling.
    star89 wrote: »
    Congrats on the mildstone OnJ

*Stops self from making a remark*
    Cheryl: "Ahm gooted me. I joost cannae oonerstan, joost divvent has a clue like, why us wor kicked off the Eggs F*ckta USA. Does us hid in man like."

The USA: "Pardon?"

:D
    •´*•.¸(*•.¸♡¸.•*´)¸.• *´•,
    ♡ ♡« Congrats Onj:):cool::D »♡ ♡
    '•.¸.•*(¸.•*´♡`*•.¸)*•.¸.•'

:D:D:D, Thanks Collie. :)
    Pandora. wrote: »
    Congratulations!

*hands OnJ knock off booze*
    80's Gal wrote: »
    Congrats Jaded. Have a (((((Cain Hug)))))

Aww, thanks you lovely lot. :) (And thanks for donating Cain to me 80s).
  • MrWoodySirMrWoodySir Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    [QUOTE=Citadel;69185245

Would be hard to be worse! I really wish they'd kill Ali off and recast Sean. Ruby is miles better.

[/QUOTE]Yep, hated all The Spencers at the start but gradually began to like Dan, Rachel and Ruby. Really loathe Ali, possibly my most hated Soap character ever. I guess Sean could be recasted, would keep Dan relative to the show.
  • MrWoodySirMrWoodySir Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member

*Stops self from making a remark* :o:p

Oh c'mon, spill the beans. ;)

Congrats Jaded by the way.
  • star89star89 Posts: 23,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Citadel wrote: »
    Would be hard to be worse! I really wish they'd kill Ali off and recast Sean. Ruby is miles better.
    MrWoodySir wrote: »
    Oh c'mon, spill the beans. ;)

Congrats Jaded by the way.

^^^ Cit beat me too it ;):p:D
  • Jimmy SkitzJimmy Skitz Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked how protective Dan was over Debbie on Friday, they aren't cxlose but he could see she was stressed and showed concern, seems to be rare in soaps
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, hated all The Spencers at the start but gradually began to like Dan, Rachel and Ruby. Really loathe Ali, possibly my most hated Soap character ever. I guess Sean could be recasted, would keep Dan relative to the show.

Absolutely. I think the Spencers were universally hated at first, but they seem to have settled in now - apart from Ali. Kelli Hollis is just never going to improve, she is an appalling actress.
  • CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, I didn't think she was that bad, better than Ali and Sean anyhow.

To be fair that doesn't take much, I've seen sock puppets acted better, and more character and personality in a baked potato:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair that doesn't take much, I've seen sock puppets acted better, and more character and personality in a baked potato:o

Amazing! :D
    ^^^ Cit beat me too it ;):p:D

Soz, star! :o:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked how protective Dan was over Debbie on Friday, they aren't cxlose but he could see she was stressed and showed concern, seems to be rare in soaps

I quite like Dan as a character (and yes I like him more now he's protective over my Debbie :o;)) he's a very nice bloke. He always seems to care about others before himself and that's a very admirable trait.
    I think, in regards to the they aren't close comment, that although we don't see many scenes between them or see them as 'close' we are suppose to see it as they do work together so would have a 'close' working relationship. In the real world you spend a lot of time with your colleagues so it makes sense that Dan likes/worries/would look out for her ect :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite like Dan as a character (and yes I like him more now he's protective over my Debbie :o;)) he's a very nice bloke. He always seems to care about others before himself and that's a very admirable trait.
    I think, in regards to the they aren't close comment, that although we don't see many scenes between them or see them as 'close' we are suppose to see it as they do work together so would have a 'close' working relationship. In the real world you spend a lot of time with your colleagues so it makes sense that Dan likes/worries/would look out for her ect :)

Debbie is never at the Garage, Cain or Cameron were always running it
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It made a change to see Princess Debbie not biting Dan's head off for once.

She'll probably revert to vile type as soon as Cameron dies, though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Debbie is never at the Garage, Cain or Cameron were always running it

But all we see is a few minutes of everyone's life. The storylines they want to show. We're suppose to believe these characters are real and living real lives aside from the scenes we watch. So Debbie would be at her garage and would have worked/be working with Dan on a regular basis.
  • CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But all we see is a few minutes of everyone's life. The storylines they want to show. We're suppose to believe these characters are real and living real lives aside from the scenes we watch. So Debbie would be at her garage and would have worked/be working with Dan on a regular basis.

:eek:You mean their not?:eek::D Damn, and there's me imagining a little village in the middle of the Yorkshire Dales, full of all these people that we get to watch going about their business for a short while at 7pm each evening, which is conveniently when anything that is going to happen, happens;). I'm disillusioned now:cry: going for some liquid comfort on the support thread:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Dan is soap's ultimate doormat. His reaction is to have no reaction. The last time he how showed concerned for her, she insulted him and told him that she would rather kill herself than to take advice from someone like him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say though,I find it a stretch to believe that anyone bothers to turn up to the factory when we're not watching. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MissLola wrote: »
    Dan is soap's ultimate doormat. His reaction is to have no reaction. The last time he how showed concerned for her, she insulted him and told him that she would rather kill herself than to take advice from someone like him.

which proves my point, he is a genuinely nice man, offered to help Ruby unprompted, showed concern for Debbie even though she's a bitch to him a lot, is still nice to Chas and puts up with Kerry
  • Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,244
    Forum Member
    I have to say though,I find it a stretch to believe that anyone bothers to turn up to the factory when we're not watching. :o

I findit a stretch that anybody does when we do watch! :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Probably not :p
    which proves my point, he is a genuinely nice man, offered to help Ruby unprompted, showed concern for Debbie even though she's a bitch to him a lot, is still nice to Chas and puts up with Kerry

I agreed he was a genuinely nice guy.

:D:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Star I said that in reponce to Lola not yourself after she called him a doormat
  • Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,244
    Forum Member
    Dan's lovely. One of my favourite characters on the show. I love his bromance with Bob and his relationship with Kerry is hilarious.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Being nice doesn't mean letting people walk all over you and treat you like dirt. Dan needs to grow a pair and have a bit of self respect and demand to be treated with a bit of respect too. Seeing him kissing Dobbeh's arse when all she's even done is treating him like dirt, doesn't make him look like a nice guy but like a fool and doormat.

Chas felt bad for the way she treated Dan and apologised to him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MissLola wrote: »
    Being nice doesn't mean letting people walk all over you and treat you like dirt. Dan needs to grow a pair and have a bit of self respect and demand to be treated with a bit of respect too. Seeing him kissing Dobbeh's arse when all she's even done is treating him like dirt, doesn't make him look like a nice guy but like a fool and doormat.

Chas felt bad for the way she treated Dan and apologised to him.

All Debbie did was snap at him, once, when she was going through a rough time. She hasn't treated him like dirt.. all the time.

Chas should do more than apologise after the way she treated him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very true :D
This discussion has been closed.