Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 9)

Comments

• stevepjkstevepjk Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why did Michael burst into the office when he has no business to? You wouldn't go into the staff area of a business because your partner or family member works there. My g/f sometimes met me at the cafe i worked in but she never came into the office where I was, she waited in the cafe for me to come out. (And blagged a coffee on staff discount)

Daft sor for Gail to be caught out
  • Fadge1968Fadge1968 Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    Erm, I think only four characters are gay and only two of them appeared last night...:confused:

Is it proportionally representative? But then again when did Corrie represent anything resembling real life? Sunset Beach was more realistic.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 294
    Forum Member
    Fadge1968 wrote: »
    Is it proportionally representative?

Yeah it pretty much is. There are 5 gay characters out of around 50-60, it's not far off.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't Kylie return this month?
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    stevepjk wrote: »
    Why did Michael burst into the office when he has no business to? You wouldn't go into the staff area of a business because your partner or family member works there. My g/f sometimes met me at the cafe i worked in but she never came into the office where I was, she waited in the cafe for me to come out. (And blagged a coffee on staff discount)

He's a proper moocher, can't stand him.
  • stevepjkstevepjk Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't it be funny if Michael's ex turns up
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »

Already?! Can't say I've missed her at all.
  • Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Real Gavin has died, in a car crash. The chances are therefore very high that his name will appear in the local paper as Gavin Rodwell of a certain age. All fatal local accidents appear in local rags with details attached. Somebody would read it for certain. On top of that, what about an obituary notice placed by his family in the local paper as well, with all the details published. He had other family that would likely do this after all. So that is another chance to see the name Gavin Rodwell and be caught out. There is no chance this sham could not be discovered very rapidly indeed and it insults the intelligence to pretend otherwise, soap opera or not. There has surely got to be some basis in reality and that is now lacking throughout the whole of CS.

As for Michael barging in on Gail in the Bistro office, how did he even know she was there? I'm sure she did not want anyone knowing she was in the office trying to forge NI numbers on the computer, so would hardly have told staff to let Michael or anyone else know she was in the place. Woeful. Plus her guilty reaction was quite stupid too, as she could easily have given him an easy brush off.

Tragic to see how daft the show is becoming.....and I never mentioned the word "egg" once.
  • OndineOndine Posts: 3,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Gail went into the payroll account the employees were listed on the left hand side of the screen. The employees were Gail, Steph and Gavin. Don't the chef or the other waiter in the background get paid then?
  • ZebstrikerZebstriker Posts: 870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rich Tea. wrote: »
    Real Gavin has died, in a car crash. The chances are therefore very high that his name will appear in the local paper as Gavin Rodwell of a certain age. All fatal local accidents appear in local rags with details attached. Somebody would read it for certain. On top of that, what about an obituary notice placed by his family in the local paper as well, with all the details published. He had other family that would likely do this after all. So that is another chance to see the name Gavin Rodwell and be caught out. There is no chance this sham could not be discovered very rapidly indeed and it insults the intelligence to pretend otherwise, soap opera or not. There has surely got to be some basis in reality and that is now lacking throughout the whole of CS.

As for Michael barging in on Gail in the Bistro office, how did he even know she was there? I'm sure she did not want anyone knowing she was in the office trying to forge NI numbers on the computer, so would hardly have told staff to let Michael or anyone else know she was in the place. Woeful. Plus her guilty reaction was quite stupid too, as she could easily have given him an easy brush off.

Tragic to see how daft the show is becoming.....and I never mentioned the word "egg" once.
    I think that when we saw Michael reading the Weatherfield Gazette last week it was foreshadowing his reading the news about Gavin's death in the next few episodes. Just my theory but in spoilers just in case
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ondine wrote: »
    When Gail went into the payroll account the employees were listed on the left hand side of the screen. The employees were Gail, Steph and Gavin. Don't the chef or the other waiter in the background get paid then?
    No. The bistro does not have a chef at the moment, the food just magically appears out of thin air!

Yet another SOR.
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stevepjk wrote: »

Steph & FakeGavin knew where Gail was and why was she was in there so why didn't they stop Michael from going in the office? As stevepjk said Michael has no jurisdiction to go behind the counter of The Bistro anyway

Sarah, Gail's daughter, returns this month but I don't think Kylie is due back yet
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another two people in the Platt house!
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sarah, Gail's daughter, returns this month but I don't think Kylie is due back yet

I thought Paula was only off 3 month which would mean this is 3rd month?
  • valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
    I thought Paula was only off 3 month which would mean this is 3rd month?

According to the soap mag I was reading, Paula is back very soon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ondine wrote: »

Yes, I did wonder how many were on the payroll. Nick is terribly stressed at having to do it and Leanne is too busy to take it on so Steph is doing them a huge favour by taking it on along with her other duties. There are hardly going to be hundreds of employees on the payroll surely so not a massive task to take on?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steph the waitress being allowed to do the payroll. Utter nonsense, simple as that.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Steph the waitress being allowed to do the payroll. Utter nonsense, simple as that.
    Steph's rise at the bistro is incredible. She went from 'I have no experience in the waitering business' and lied in her interview to holding the fort at times when Nick was away. I'm not saying she can't be a quick learner but what does she know about running a bistro?

Corrie scriptwriters did the same with Michelle at the factory. She did nothing but stare at the computer and hold a clipboard. We're meant to believe she was some accomplished businesswoman who could seal deals, utter insult.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well Gail is the cleaner and seemed to be calling all the shots on Monday
  • Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    What about when Gavin/Andy was mugged and had that money stolen? The police said they would check on the CCTV cameras...........anything proven yet?? Did they see Steph slap Andy?? Did they see any muggers running away?
  • gottagogottago Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the fact that Owen isn't caked in sweat everytime he presumably has to lug Izzie's electric wheelchair and Izzie herself up the stairs to their tiny flat is pretty unrealistic. Where does she actually live? Is it off the street?
  • Suzanne_EnnazusSuzanne_Ennazus Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    Ffs with the password, Gail got it first time! (As usual.) Would a businessman really use their date of birth? And within a millisecond she was straight into fake Gavin's account.[/QUOTE

I guessed my ex-boyfriend's password the first time. He loved a certain type of car and that was his password.
  • mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,593
    Forum Member
    Corrie scriptwriters did the same with Michelle at the factory. She did nothing but stare at the computer and hold a clipboard. We're meant to believe she was some accomplished businesswoman who could seal deals, utter insult.

Talking of Michelle the accomplished businesswoman, what's happened to her 'successful' wedding planning/party organising business? It appeared out of nowhere and now seems to have died a death.

I bet we never hear any more about it.
  • Fadge1968Fadge1968 Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    gottago wrote: »
    I think the fact that Owen isn't caked in sweat everytime he presumably has to lug Izzie's electric wheelchair and Izzie herself up the stairs to their tiny flat is pretty unrealistic. Where does she actually live? Is it off the street?

She lives in the land of bitter and twisted. Isnt she going to the land of milk and honey?
  • ValentineValentine Posts: 3,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've not missed Kylie either but, when she does return and no doubt David will ask why 'Kylie, why did you leave us, how could you abandon Max and Lily', surely her response will be 'but you threw me out, remember, and told me never to come back?'?!
This discussion has been closed.