The XBOX ONE anticipation thread

Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
Forum Member
✭✭✭
If your excited by the prospect of having the XBOX ONE in your grubby little hands, then this is the thread for you !!

Just for those of you that don't know what it looks like..

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=pictures+of+XBOX+ONE&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=DxqjUb-7KYqw0AWHwIGgAg&ved=0CC4QsAQ&biw=1600&bih=805

Your thoughts on what we'll see at E3 can be discussed here.

Any thoughts on the tech, Kinect 2, the new controller.

If you have something negative to say then please use one of the many other threads on DS.

This is a happy thread :):):)

Comments

• gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They will certainly have a massive captive audience for E3. some say there is even a positive in bad publicity and with this large audience they can hit everyone with the good points. Ie how have they improved on live. Have they added anything unannounced over achievements, xgc etc. Hard sell on these new ips.

Im excited to hear the prices. Im not sold on either just now so they still have my attention but its mainly forza that has my attention. I need to know how it compares to likes of GT
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 444
    Forum Member
    gillyallan wrote: »
    They will certainly have a massive captive audience for E3. some say there is even a positive in bad publicity and with this large audience they can hit everyone with the good points. Ie how have they improved on live. Have they added anything unannounced over achievements, xgc etc. Hard sell on these new ips.

Im excited to hear the prices. Im not sold on either just now so they still have my attention but its mainly forza that has my attention. I need to know how it compares to likes of GT

Regarding price, I read that Amazon in Germany had the xbox1 listed at over $700, though of course this is a pre-release price and doesn't reflect on the RRP when the console is unleashed.

I would expect the xbox1 and the PS4 to be competitively priced so I wouldn't worry to much about which will be cheapest to buy.

As for Forza vs GT, my money would be on Forza. Forza 4 is the best racer I've played this gen and I've played GT5. TURN10 have really grasped the physics, the sounds and the game play in a way polyphony digital can't match. If that carries forward to the next gen then its a no brainer.
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone is clinging on to the hope it sells and trying to egg on others me thinks :)

It's not a games console it deserves no credit for that appalling reveal.
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    This is a good idea for a thread flawed, unfortunatly, as proved by sick,i feel this will just turn into the many other threads on here with people claiming Microsoft have lost he plot based on miss informed information.

Its a shame we can't have a thread on here discussing the good points the console has to offer such as the new improved joypad, the improved kinect system that has facial recognition, Hdmi in, 15 new exclusive in the first year, blu-ray, tv integration and a 300000 server strong cloud system.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can though heart. Discuss if you want but even MS glossed over those features in favour of TV and call of doody.

I wonder what read speed both have for their systems on blu ray drive. Have MS opted for the movie licence on bluray playback or is it only storage for games?
  • jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    He4rt wrote: »
    This is a good idea for a thread flawed, unfortunatly, as proved by sick,i feel this will just turn into the many other threads on here with people claiming Microsoft have lost he plot based on miss informed information.

Its a shame we can't have a thread on here discussing the good points the console has to offer such as the new improved joypad, the improved kinect system that has facial recognition, Hdmi in, 15 new exclusive in the first year, blu-ray, tv integration and a 300000 server strong cloud system.

300,000 sever number was counting virtual servers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree it's a shame everything being discussed that I've seen on the forum is about anything but games worrying will I be able to lend games and share with friends do I have to use the Xbox at least once per 24 hours and all this rubbish rather than people talking about what great games it has coming some exclusives maybe and Call of Doodie Ghosts is nothing to get excited about.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The whole anti X1 argument is pointless cause Sony will implement exactly the same anti 2ndhand / piracy features via the ps4 ... You'd have 2 be a complete imbecile 2 think otherwise!!! :o

Like usual its a case of either accept the situation or do without ... It's that simple! :(
    Forum Member
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    The whole anti X1 argument is pointless cause Sony will implement exactly the same anti 2ndhand / piracy features via the ps4 ... You'd have 2 be a complete imbecile 2 think otherwise!!! :o

Like usual its a case of either accept the situation or do without ... It's that simple! :(

It wouldn't be possible unless you can give an example that I'm missing. Say 100 People sell one game not one them goes online, how are sony suppose to know a games been sold on ebay a 100 times, if their games never registered to their network ? This is the point of 24 Hour checks on the X1, and PS4 has been confirmed to work 100% offline.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone is clinging on to the hope it sells and trying to egg on others me thinks :)

It's not a games console it deserves no credit for that appalling reveal.

Pffft

Thank you
    I agree it's a shame everything being discussed that I've seen on the forum is about anything but games worrying will I be able to lend games and share with friends do I have to use the Xbox at least once per 24 hours and all this rubbish rather than people talking about what great games it has coming some exclusives maybe and Call of Doodie Ghosts is nothing to get excited about.

Peoples reaction to CoD ghosts is amusing, a week before release it'll be like the second coming on DS :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pffft

Thank you

Peoples reaction to CoD ghosts is amusing, a week before release it'll be like the second coming on DS :D:D

What about the dog? awesome isn't it :)
    Though it's a poor game to use for a reveal don't you think?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about the dog? awesome isn't it :)
    Though it's a poor game to use for a reveal don't you think?

Totally agree.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjesso123 wrote: »
    It wouldn't be possible unless you can give an example that I'm missing. Say 100 People sell one game not one them goes online, how are sony suppose to know a games been sold on ebay a 100 times, if their games never registered to their network ? This is the point of 24 Hour checks on the X1, and PS4 has been confirmed to work 100% offline.

Companies such as EA could force Sony 2 implement these measures if they refuse Sony could potentially risk loosing 3rd party support ... IF 1 system has it both will imo! :o

(+ the vast majority of PS4 will be online ... I can't imagine keeping it offline unless u enjoy using a crippled system ... No online gaming / patches etc) :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

100% offline, we can take that as gospel then, because Sony don't tell us porkies.
    Forum Member
    Companies such as EA could force Sony 2 implement these measures if they refuse Sony could potentially risk loosing 3rd party support ... IF 1 system has it both will imo! :o

(+ the vast majority of PS4 will be online ... I can't imagine keeping it offline unless u enjoy using a crippled system ... No online gaming / patches etc) :eek:

you've still failed give an example of how it could work. It does not matter if 99.9% of userbase is online. The fact would be the system would only work if you where forced online, so it would easily bypassed by just not going online with said game. So in reality no reason to implement it.

Do you think EA have that much power ? Seriously they have lot of strength however it works both ways, EA could not solely back one console this generation so losing third party support is a mute point It just wouldn't ever happen any Sony know that.
    CSI-uk wrote: »
    100% offline, we can take that as gospel then, because Sony don't tell us porkies.

Well what else can be said ? Sony at this current time have confirmed that PS4 can work totally offline, Now obviously if that changes then the examples I've made are mute point however at this current time, That is the fact's that we've been given, an going of that It would be pointless to implement this second hand charge, due to the easy work around.

Your comments just implies that we should all base are conclusions on the Idea we are being lied to constantly instead of facts, and that is just silly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think EA have that much power ?

Yes... I do honestly think EA (& possibly afew others) have the power ... There obviously twisting microsofts arm :rolleyes: ... IF Sony don't play ball FIFA, COD etc etc could be xbox exclusives next year :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it'll be a good games console and when all the details are announced and we see exactly what it does and doesn't do, a lot of people are going to wonder why they made such a fuss over rumours.
    Forum Member
    Yes... I do honestly think EA (& possibly afew others) have the power ... There obviously twisting microsofts arm :rolleyes: ... IF Sony don't play ball FIFA, COD etc etc could be xbox exclusives next year :eek:

I reckon it could very well be a potential way of passing blame however MS know how much these games make, we all do. without Sony and MS that money wouldn't be made It's that simple. MS and Sony know full well that EA would never fall through, if any blackmail as each platform is to valuable.

Are seriously suggesting IF MS and Sony had said NO to this hypothetical situation where EA blackmailed Sony and MS you think they would of gone ' oh well lets forget are 70-80% of income that comes from these platforms'' Same goes if one chose, and the other said no they still can't sacrifice the %30+ of their income they make on Sony platforms.

Unless MS have gone full retard then I'm sure they realise this exact problem and doubt very much anyone 'forced' them into it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sony & Microsoft do whatever the software industry (EA & Co) tell em 2 do!!! It's that simple!!! :)
    Forum Member
    Sony & Microsoft do whatever the software industry (EA & Co) tell em 2 do!!! It's that simple!!! :)

If your willing explain how EA would survive without the console then maybe I could understand your point. However you keep making silly statements with nothing backing them up. It's this simple

EA- make billions from PS3-360-PC-Mobile

Now YOUR example means that EA would will sacrifice those billions.

Now please explain where they would replace that income ? PC couldn't keep them going, Mobile couldn't keep them going, they would dead with in a year without the support of sony and MS.

Sony and MS have far more power that any of the software companies out their, and lot more than you think. As without consoles they don't make money.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sony with the companies they have exclusives could probably survive on thier own anyway without EA or even call of doobie.
  • BigFoot87BigFoot87 Posts: 9,293
    Forum Member
    It would be foolish to underestimate the power of content owners.

Look at Lovefilm. Movie Studios were concerned about piracy and said to Lovefilm "start using Silverlight or stop streaming our movies." Guess who won that battle?

You can have the most powerful console, network, PVR or service - without the content, it means jack shit. Which probably explains why the likes of Netflix, Lovefilm-Amazon and even Microsoft are starting to make their OWN content.

You even have content owners owning the platforms and the rights to it - Sky being a great example, and Amazon are going the same way (Lovefilm/Kindle Tablets).
    Forum Member
    BigFoot87 wrote: »
    It would be foolish to underestimate the power of content owners.

Look at Lovefilm. Movie Studios were concerned about piracy and said to Lovefilm "start using Silverlight or stop streaming our movies." Guess who won that battle?

You can have the most powerful console, network, PVR or service - without the content, it means jack shit. Which probably explains why the likes of Netflix, Lovefilm-Amazon and even Microsoft are starting to make their OWN content.

No one is underestimating them, I'm just making it clear it works both ways. The big problem with your examples Is they, unlike EA have other bigger revenue sources. These movie companies could of easily gone through with their threats, and still gone on. However EA or any big publishers has not got the option.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit more clarity on XBOX ONE's used games...

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/121271-xbox-one-pre-owned-games-system-explained-by-retailers#

Much has been said about an activation fee for pre-owned games and it seems this is true. However, Eurogamer has spoken to another UK source who told the site that the consumer will not have to pay the activation fee, the shop will. Part of that fee goes to Microsoft, part to the original publisher of the game.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are certainly plugging it in game store so looks initially like they arent too worried about it so far