The XBOX ONE anticipation thread

Comments

• CallousCallous Posts: 11,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    It's just a shame that Microsoft are getting slagged off for summit that will inevitably happen on the ps4 aswell as the X1. :rolleyes: :(

(Has Sony actually stated their intentions regarding 2nd hand games? or are they just hiding in the shadows keeping their traps shut?) :confused:

(I preordered an X1 yesterday despite me saying I wouldn't lol:p)

Not really..Microsoft deserve to be slagged off for it...and if Sony or Nintendo does the same they should be torn to shreds as well.

People shouldn't just accept it..as the more gamers who roll over and just buy the machines regardless.. the worse it will get.

If people don't buy it then they'll change their policies. Buy it and they'll screw you even more.

It's only inevitable if consumers allow it to be.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was more a safety and noise pollution behind 360 installs too.
  • ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no one knows what market to go for anymore, microsoft have made that risky age old mistake of trying to cater to multiple audiences. I think they underestimated the hardcore console gamers that just want a bloody games machine, this gives PS4 a big advantage imo as they have catered more to gamers. the xbox one is already alienating gamers
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CSI-uk wrote: »
    Jeez you've been one of the most vocal against the x1, there is hope for ms and there new machine!

I might change my mind, might just irritate some on here LOL

We all get caught up in the anti microsoft hate bandwagon don't we??? :D ... in afew weeks time this discussion will have ran outta steam & we'll be rambling on about summit else! ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ritch wrote: »
    no one knows what market to go for anymore, microsoft have made that risky age old mistake of trying to cater to multiple audiences. I think they underestimated the hardcore console gamers that just want a bloody games machine, this gives PS4 a big advantage imo as they have catered more to gamers. the xbox one is already alienating gamers

I keep reading this sort of thing.

The X1 is a games machine, I would very much like someone to tell me how the PS4 is more of a game console than the X1.

Come on, explain it to me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It probably isnt csi I think it just comes from the reveal focus on tv. After E3 we'll surely have more of an idea on each of them.
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow. There is definitely an "edge" to most of the Xbox fans posts atm.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anything im a little gutted nobody is talking about ps4. Its all xbox. Like I say even bad press is publicity.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    It probably isnt csi I think it just comes from the reveal focus on tv. After E3 we'll surely have more of an idea on each of them.

MS's reveal should have gone something like this - "ladies and gentlemen, your all new XBOX ONE, good night"

Could've avoided all this nonesense.
  • jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member

The X1 is a games machine, I would very much like someone to tell me how the PS4 is more of a game console than the X1.

It's the way console itself was presented. If you going to show of something for first time, you don't Demo the stuff that's not going to appeal to people who your marketing towards. The XBOX is supposed to be gaming brand however Instead during the presentation It was TV,TV,TV,TV,TV.

Obviously I and you know X1 Is gaming console, however some people won't look past that way It was presented.

What MS did was like Ferrari showing of their latest cars and then spending 90% of the time showing of inbuilt radio.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    I think people are quick to forget things like PlayTV or Sony''s "It only does everything" PS3 slogan and PS4's "everything, everywhere". Sony will no doubt be catering to the Live TV market this gen as well. Sony are PR masters, MS are hopeless. Just because one system's reveal puts more prominence on games and the other TV services does not actually mean the consoles are appealing to completely different audiences.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delboy219 wrote: »
    Wow. There is definitely an "edge" to most of the Xbox fans posts atm.

It's not about having an edge, just commonsense.
    Forum Member
    I think people are quick to forget things like PlayTV or Sony''s "It only does everything" PS3 slogan and PS4's "everything, everywhere". Sony will no doubt be catering to the Live TV market this gen as well. Sony are PR masters, MS are hopeless. Just because one system's reveal puts more prominence on games and the other TV services does not actually mean the consoles are appealing to completely different audiences.

No ones saying It's bad thing having it their. However having 90% of you gaming consoles unveiling about TV is not good, even you can't twist that into something good. The difference is Sony demonstrated all those things in balanced way, while keeping core playstation brand to consumers mean GAMING.
  • ChparmarChparmar Posts: 6,367
    Forum Member
    What was presented was a cable box/voice activated remote control, TV features and TV shows.
    Yes, they did have AAA next gen games, but they were more of a feature of the xbox 1.

Now of course this will change at E3, but the damage might be already done. And it was an unrealistic expectation for MSFT to hold on to their market share they had this gen, carried over to the next gen.
    Forum Member
    Likewise, this whole "we care about hardcore gamers" stance was simply a marketing strategy by Sony that paid off. The same with the whole embracing of Indie devs. MS actually pioneered the ability of self publication for Indies last gen with XBLIG and yet received no credit for it. Sony are the company that needs to appeal to these areas of the market. I'm just surprised more people can't see this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

the PS4 is focused on games where and X1 has put resources into the TV stuff, I guess its early days but I don’t like what I’m hearing, it sounds underpowered compared to PS4. As a gaming fan I couldn’t give a crap about controlling my TV and talking to it though a gaming console, my primary concern is a decent gaming experience. I think Microsoft took a big risk with this future entertainment bull personally. Most people just want the entertainment to be good in the first place, waving my arms around to change a channel isn’t going to change a thing. Its bold but I think it’s a fad that will fail mainstream wise. and you know what happens if things dont make the mainstream, they fail, however good they are. I'm not claiming to be an expert but as a gamer hearing some of the stuff mentioned in the big reveal, I'm disappointed by it.
    Forum Member
    Likewise, this whole "we care about hardcore gamers" stance was simply a marketing strategy by Sony that paid off. The same with the whole embracing of Indie devs. MS actually pioneered the ability of self publication for Indies last gen with XBLIG and yet received no credit for it. Sony are the company that needs to appeal to these areas of the market. I'm just surprised more people can't see this.

Companies focus change all the time. As do the people that run them, shareholders and board members. And both MSFT and Sony have had changes.

Besides, it's no secret that Xbox was heavily invested by MSFT to 'own' the living room space.
    Forum Member
    jjesso123 wrote: »
    No ones saying It's bad thing having it their. However having 90% of you gaming consoles unveiling about TV is not good, even you can't twist that into something good. The difference is Sony demonstrated all those things in balanced way, while keeping core playstation brand to consumers mean GAMING.

I do agree with you and I'm not trying to twist anything. The Sony reveal was a lot better (despite not seeing the console itself). But what we actually get from these machines is what matters and I don't think anyone really expected anything different from MS than what we got..? We knew there was going to be a focus on TV, multimedia and they did spend time discussing games too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spielberg turning up to talk about a series made me laugh as well. The simple fact is I'm not buying a console for this reason. The marketing is just screwed up, which will probably going to damage the gaming industry even more.
    Forum Member
    yeah, but TV shows and Movies will destroy the industry.

I wasn't too impressed by Spielbeig's love of Pong :p and Quantum Break
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the industry will survive the X1 :D

Game developers won't be worried even if you gamers are, they're going to be getting a cut of used sales, from the X1 and most likely the PS4.

A lot of peoples concerns about the X1 don't bother me - used games, I don't buy them, the multimedia stuff, I probably won't use that much and Kinect 2 has real potential so long as they drop this ' you are the controller crap' and use it to compliment conventional controls rather than replace them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the industry will survive the X1 :D

Game developers won't be worried even if you gamers are, they're going to be getting a cut of used sales, from the X1 and most likely the PS4.

A lot of peoples concerns about the X1 don't bother me - used games, I don't buy them, the multimedia stuff, I probably won't use that much and Kinect 2 has real potential so long as they drop this ' you are the controller crap' and use it to compliment conventional controls rather than replace them.

then you are in effect paying for stuff you are not going to use.

Its not going to destroy the industry but it isnt going to help it either. It depends who you are, the hardcare gamers are the ones that are more annoyed about the focus being off games and onto these other gimicks
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ritch wrote: »
    the PS4 is focused on games where and X1 has put resources into the TV stuff

Just because the cock-up of a reveal was focussed too much on TV stuff (& Kinect & EA Sports), doesn't mean that the console itself will be.

E3 is still to come, and that's where the gaming focus will be. Just a shame that MS didn't do well with the reveal, and then shot itself in the foot several times afterwards with the confused interviews.

MS has said it's investing $1billion in new game content, with 15 first-party titles coming in the first year of the Xbox One's life, 8 of which are new IPs.
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Smudged wrote: »
    I think it'll be a good games console and when all the details are announced and we see exactly what it does and doesn't do, a lot of people are going to wonder why they made such a fuss over rumours.

Indeed. Any performance difference with the Sony will be small, if noticeable at all. Most of the game-locking/online/kinect issues can be ignored by most of us who just want to play brand new games. A lot of whipped-up nonsense by immature fanboys.
    Forum Member
    Andy2 wrote: »
    Indeed. Any performance difference with the Sony will be small, if noticeable at all. Most of the game-locking/online/kinect issues can be ignored by most of us who just want to play brand new games. A lot of whipped-up nonsense by immature fanboys.

Whipped up by fanboys hay ? Lot of the people who are annoyed by the last week are actually quite the Xbox supporters.

Even some of the biggest Xbox supports in the gaming media are having hard time accepting the necessity of online, the very much likely death of selling your games to small independent store or ebay.

Yes It's easy just push this to one side if it does not effect you however if It does It's not so easy. So insulting people who was very much excited to see the X1, is very contradicting, considering how childish it is to resort to belittling people who have different opinion than yourself.