The Saturdays - Living For The Weekend (album previews inside)

Comments

• LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Obsessed with the rapping/fast talking on Not Giving Up. A few of the songs remind me of the Chasing Lights and Wordshaker era's which is great. Somebody Else's Life sounds like it should've been the follow up single to What About Us.

The only song I'm not keen on is Disco Love. Although I think Leave A Light On sounds average and weak.

Quite excited for this album now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's so pathetic how they released Disco Love over Not Giving Up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iTunes previews are now up. :D 90 seconds of each song!
  • matty_andersonmatty_anderson Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they don't release Not Giving Up it will be such a shame and I don't know what their management team are doing.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why did they have to release the previews now dammit?! How am I supposed to function for another 3 weeks without this album!?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    iTunes previews are now up. :D 90 seconds of each song!

OMG This part of Not Giving Up sounds even better! And Frankie finally get's a part lol!
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    AdzPower wrote: »
    Why did they have to release the previews now dammit?! How am I supposed to function for another 3 weeks without this album!?

You'll just have to :p
  • PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,427
    Forum Member
    Not Giving Up.. OMG. Amazingggggg!! WHY have they not released this as a single?!?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww they made the video private again!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a great week for Sats fans, here is the b-side to Disco Love "Love Come Down"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoBt-gDdUwM
    Forum Member
    Love Come Down is actually one of two B-sides. The other is a cover of On The Radio. I hate to say it but that's actually better than Disco Love!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some gorgeous soul on soundcloud has combined the two previews of Not Giving Up into one, we've virtually now got the whole song, all that's missing is the last 50 seconds or so.
    https://soundcloud.com/carsonofficial/nguex/s-LUzKc

I also made a youtube link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPZrr7oKeuk
    Forum Member
    Tyyleer wrote: »
    Not Giving Up.. OMG. Amazingggggg!! WHY have they not released this as a single?!?

Because their management are crap. Whoever thought Disco Love was a better single choice than Not Giving Up needs their head examined.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    I don't understand all the love for Not Giving Up, it seems like an extra on On Your Radar however I shall wait until I hear the full version.

Top favorites; Problem with Love, You Don't Have The Right and Don't Let Me Dance Alone.

I think I prefer the slower less-club tracks. I love The Sats but I always find their club stompers to be a little generic.
    Forum Member
    ^ I really like Problem With Love and You Don't Have The Right sounds good too (the title sounds legal :p). Not too sure about Don't Let Me Dance Alone though. I liked Lease My Love as well. It sounded catchy and would make a decent final single to close off this era.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    It seems like it will be a good album, the title of though? Living For The Weekend...? No.
    Forum Member
    I really like this album. Possibly their best overall yet.

What About Us, Problem With Love and Lease My Love are such perfect pop songs. Disco Love, Anywhere With You and 30 Days weaken the album though.

They should really release Not Giving Up as the next single, it has pop smash written all over it and it will get their momentum going again. Wildfire would've been a good summer single. I'd love it if Lease My Love got a release too, maybe it should be used as a US single.

It deserves a much better album cover :(. 4/5.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I Love This Album!
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wow, I can't believe the DS review singled out Leave A Light On as the worst song on the album....it is easily the best track, IMO.
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »
    wow, I can't believe the DS review singled out Leave A Light On as the worst song on the album....it is easily the best track, IMO.

They did??? It's one of the best tracks for sure. I usually don't agree with DigitalSpy reviews anyway.
  • matty_andersonmatty_anderson Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've heard the album and while I love some of the songs, I'm a little disappointed with others! I love Lease My Love and Not Giving Up, They're the best on the album. I feel like The Saturdays have lost their way a little at times on this album and it's shocking how bad their record company are with picking singles and when to release the album, It's 4 singles in already and I have a feeling we won't be seeing any more single releases from it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in love with the album, highlights for me include Not Giving Up, Lease My Love, Leave a Light On, Anywhere With You and Somebody Else's Life, but on the whole very good.
    But personally, I don't think it is as good as On Your Radar.
    Forum Member
    I really like the album. Am I the only one who thinks Leave A Light On would have fitted in well on Wordshaker? I also noticed the chorus of Anywhere With You sounds like Carly Rae Jepsen's This Kiss.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    I AM IN LOVE WITH SOME OF THESE SINGLES...

Lease my love (ohhh love it!)
    Not giving up on love (ohhhhhhhhh)
    You dont have the right (omfg its for me that one!!)
    Anywhere with you (love it! so much)

i am All hyped about the album as u can tell, should be no.1 will probably be no.15 :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    AdzPower wrote: »
    I'm in love with the album, highlights for me include Not Giving Up, Lease My Love, Leave a Light On, Anywhere With You and Somebody Else's Life, but on the whole very good.
    But personally, I don't think it is as good as On Your Radar.

The tracks you singled out are all the ones I love too. :)

However, I thought On Your Radar was easily the worst thing they've ever released - so I disagree there. :p