talktalk and DLM

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 193
Forum Member
i was connected ont he 9th of this month and when i got the tv box and connect it all up my modem threw a fit i was getting 75meg and 18 meg down after this the line was put down to 45meg!!! and then after the few more days it went up to 58meg and has stayed there since looked at the router stats and i was fast path now interleaved will this stay like this or will it change back to fast path?

Comments

• WellHiddenMarkWellHiddenMark Posts: 1,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you using any Powerline adapters?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    i am for the talk talk youveiw box not for the pc as it wired into the router
  • WellHiddenMarkWellHiddenMark Posts: 1,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would suggest connecting the YouView box directly using an ethernet cable to your router and completely unplugging the Powerline adaptors.

Monitor your speeds over 48 hours after removing the adaptors - perhaps reboot your router.

It is possible that the PL adaptors are causing interference to your phone line and that is what is causing the lower sync speed and INP flag.
    Forum Member
    it wasn't the power line it was the router it self got sent another one and every things back from what it was the DLM is still there but its not as aggressive on reducing speeds im back to 69mb out of the 75 i was getting just wait and see what the line finally stops at
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you register on the members forum ask them to disable the DLM
    I did this when I first joined them years ago. now and again it does kick back in and just another request to get it disabled again.
    Forum Member
    they can only do that on the adsl packages not on fibre a bt open reach person needs to do that on the Cabernet