Women who work on sex chat lines, Babestation et al - Do they get abusive calls?

MiresiaVertetaMiresiaVerteta Posts: 1,242
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It's something that intrigues me.....those work on such lines do they get many nasty callers?

Surely, there is sick pervs who want to do nasty things to the women at the other end of the phone, plus a few scorned wives who don't like their hubbies chatting to these women.

I ask this, as sometimes on these channels they have these huge women and women who are not exactly pretty. I am certain some men and women call in and call them fat cows etc as they want a prettier girl.

Anyone who has insight in this business care to help or answer on this?

Comments

• BBTweetsBBTweets Posts: 12,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely they'd just reply "oh yeah, mmmmmm, yeah baby, do it harder"?
    Or something along those lines anyway :o

It's the caller who's paying for it so if I was in the industry, they could call me what they wanted - as long as they called :D

E.T.A. There was a poster on here who worked on a sex phone line. She was quite helpful to everybody who had a question for her on the forum and even told others how to get employment with websites/chatlines.
  • MrIncredibleMrIncredible Posts: 5,034
    Forum Member
    Surely if some moron wanted to pay about £3 a minute to call you a fat pig, you'd just keep them on the phone for as long as you could. They wouldn't be laughing when their phone bill came in.
  • BlofeldBlofeld Posts: 8,233
    Forum Member
    Having never called one or even know anyone who's called one (to the best of my knowledge anyway) I can't be sure, but I would imagine the sheer cost of them would stop people phoning up just to have an argument with the women as they'd probably have to wait in a que and then would just be immediately hung up on!

The women on there probably like being spoken to by pervs and people who degrade them as they would be in the wrong line of work if they didn't. They are sex chatlines after all, not general conversation chatlines.

I don't know how they still exist really.

This seems like a much better idea than a sex line http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pGcE7IvCTs
  • MiresiaVertetaMiresiaVerteta Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never called them either, and these men who call a lot must have HUGE bills!

I guess it's part and parcel of the job, but I do wonder do these women do it for a thrill or out of desperation? I mean I wouldn't want to be called an ugly git by a caller at the other end of the phone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think pervs, freaks and wierdos just call freephone numbers. i work for a car/truck company and have been told "im ****ing your mother right now"

he didnt really get the humour when i said "shes been dead for years so unless your a necrophilliac i doubt it"
  • chocoholic100chocoholic100 Posts: 6,411
    Forum Member
    god I worked in a call centre and used to get blokes phoning up to say pervy stuff, once took a call from a bloke knocking one out whikst booking an appointment, I kept saying "shallI call you back when its more convenient" but he just kept saying dont stop keep going:D making funny noises
    If I wasnt on commision I would have hung up!!

a colleague once took a call from a bloke who acted totally normally alt the way through the call then started asking what size foot she was and what shoes she had on,

I once answered the phone " your through to blah blah how can I help "and a bloke just said yeah you can help me I wanna *** in your face"
    it was a freephone number, I think cheapskate perves liked it
  • louisa320louisa320 Posts: 7,459
    Forum Member
    I've never called them either, and these men who call a lot must have HUGE bills!

I guess it's part and parcel of the job, but I do wonder do these women do it for a thrill or out of desperation? I mean I wouldn't want to be called an ugly git by a caller at the other end of the phone.

Don't know anyone who uses them, but i imagine amongst friends some might have tried it.

If there was name calling, play along that you were enjoying it and keep them on the line for as long as possible, so the operator got loads of money lol.

Being called a name by a total stranger on a phone shouldn't mean anything to be honest no matter what anyone looks like :)
    Forum Member
    louisa320 wrote: »
    Don't know anyone who uses them, but i imagine amongst friends some might have tried it.

If there was name calling, play along that you were enjoying it and keep them on the line for as long as possible, so the operator got loads of money lol.

Being claled a name by a total stranger on a phone shouldn't mean anything to be honest no matter what anyone looks like :)

I bet they dont bat an eyelid at it, they get paid for every minute there on the phone, abuse or not it all goes in their paypacket

Ive never worked on a sex line:D but ive worked in escalated customer complaints and been called allsorts, its funny, they think your going to be upset by the pathetic abuse they come up with, Ive been told Im going to get kneecapped, one man said he was going to wait for me outside and assault me,(wasnt too worried as he was about 300miles away)
    someone wished my family dead etc, it gets boring after a while
    and what a lot of customers dont realise is that call centre workers are targeted on talktime, so the long you spend on a call, the more likely you are to get more commision, so it kind of backfires
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    we get that quite alot chocoholic100, i had a bloke tell me that i was a complete b*stard, he was getting the next flight to Holland to hunt me down and smash my face in.
    In possibly the calmest moment of my life i gave him the address of my work and the department im in and suggested that he ask reception for me personally when he arrived so that we could discuss his complaint against my apparant lack of a father.

i have a colleague who has a great system, after being threatened several times by a customer who was saying he would do allsorts if they ever met, my colleague calmy said "so just to confirm this is Mr XXX of number X XXXX street". the person went extremely quiet and apologised after it dawned on him we had all his details...
    Forum Member
    Geordiesi wrote: »
    we get that quite alot chocoholic100, i had a bloke tell me that i was a complete b*stard, he was getting the next flight to Holland to hunt me down and smash my face in.
    In possibly the calmest moment of my life i gave him the address of my work and the department im in and suggested that he ask reception for me personally when he arrived so that we could discuss his complaint against my apparant lack of a father.

i have a colleague who has a great system, after being threatened several times by a customer who was saying he would do allsorts if they ever met, my colleague calmy said "so just to confirm this is Mr XXX of number X XXXX street". the person went extremely quiet and apologised after it dawned on him we had all his details...

it does soon wipe the smile of their face, we kept getting one bloke ringing on a witheld number shouting filth and abuse down the phone, and hanging up he slipped up one time, and I called him back, Id located his record and got him to confirm his details and asked if he had been trying to ring us as we kept getting disconnected, It was brilliant hearing him squirm.

I have to say the best insult Ive ever had thrown at me is that im a dirty effing fascist beacuse I couldnt tell someone if they had a certain medical condition over the phone, she was listing symptoms, I am neither medically trained or the type of call centre we are related in anyway to what she was calling for, that kept me laughing allday
  • sadoldbirdsadoldbird Posts: 9,626
    Forum Member
    It's something that intrigues me.....those work on such lines do they get many nasty callers?

Surely, there is sick pervs who want to do nasty things to the women at the other end of the phone, plus a few scorned wives who don't like their hubbies chatting to these women.

I ask this, as sometimes on these channels they have these huge women and women who are not exactly pretty. I am certain some men and women call in and call them fat cows etc as they want a prettier girl.

Do you want me to have insight?

I can have as much insight as it takes.

(Cheques made out to Sadoldbird.......)
  • IngenueIngenue Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No we don't........ oh wait, I mean, I'm sure the calls are screened first, well the ones that go out on the air. :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I would imagine that to be very unlikely. About as unlikely as someone stacking the shelves In Tesco for a 'thrill', or out of 'desperation'.

It's a job, it pays, so some women do it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I'm a PSO (phone sex operator) and yes, I do get the odd 'abusive' phone call.......... in the 4 years I've been doing it I've only ever had to report a few though, most of the callers are just average guys! Even if they are abusive, I let it go for as long as I can and play along, it's only roleplay and the £'s soon rack up, that's all I'm interested in! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why don't you call them and ask?
  • MiresiaVertetaMiresiaVerteta Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a PSO (phone sex operator) and yes, I do get the odd 'abusive' phone call.......... in the 4 years I've been doing it I've only ever had to report a few though, most of the callers are just average guys! Even if they are abusive, I let it go for as long as I can and play along, it's only roleplay and the £'s soon rack up, that's all I'm interested in! :D

Evesapples....what sort of nasty calls did you get from them? Is through one advertised in the papers or a babestation channel thingy?
    Forum Member
    I do hope OP your not one of the recent batch of posters who could have there tastes catered for on a variety of other websites
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Evesapples....what sort of nasty calls did you get from them? Is through one advertised in the papers or a babestation channel thingy?

I can't repeat it on here :eek::D ........... but the abusive ones that need reporting........., they're just grotesque and unpleasant..... I'm sure you can imagine :o

I don't work for babestation but the company I work for do advertise in the paper!
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'd imagine there'd be some who'd completely abuse this adult service by calling them all the names under the sun. I don't think think it would be very pleasant for the female to hear that.