RIP Jimmy Savile

Comments

• TOOTandcomeinTOOTandcomein Posts: 986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KidPoker wrote: »
    How could you not recollect going to Jersey?

:rolleyes:

Lol @ you tyring to make it out to be a normal care home. Children were abused there for years. End of.

Oh, and you left this very important headline out, why?

How convenient of you.

Huh? OK kiddo;)
  • TOOTandcomeinTOOTandcomein Posts: 986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FBI wrote: »
    Savile said he had no recollection of visiting that specific care home in Jersey not the whole island. The abuse at that home was investigated and Sir Jimmy was never implicated in any way. He was guilty of no more than visiting the home in a charitable capacity - as he did for decades in hundreds of other hospitals, homes, etc. End of.

Exactly.
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How could you not recollect going to Jersey?

:rolleyes:

Lol @ you tyring to make it out to be a normal care home. Children were abused there for years. End of.

Oh, and you left this very important headline out, why?

How convenient of you.

No one is denying that some very bad things went on in that home.

However there is nothing at all to suggest Jimmy Savile knew what was happening or took part.

Don't you think, the people that were guilty of something at the home would think to themselves "hmm, we have a celebrity coming and there will be cameras about, we better make sure everything looks above board". They are very unlikely to have put up huge banners says "Welcome Jimmy, we abuse children, want to join in?" are they?
  • jackoljackol Posts: 7,887
    Forum Member
    Not one shred of evidence?

There is a well known photo of Mr. Saville at a care home where vulnerable children were abused, killed and buried in the cellar.
    Mr. Saville denies ever going there, yet photos do not lie "Jim Fixed It For Us".

Nice bit of exaggeration
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not one shred of evidence?

There is a well known photo of Mr. Saville at a care home where vulnerable children were abused, killed and buried in the cellar.

Mr. Saville denies ever going there, yet photos do not lie "Jim Fixed It For Us".

I would think that every local celebrity, many visiting ones, all local politicians and officials as well as local clergy visited the home at some time with most being photographed by the local press. Does this mean they are all implicated?

I thought he had said that he did not remember visiting the home, not that he had never been there. He must have visited many hospitals, homes etc during his career so could not be expected to remember every one.
  • KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For a man that openly admitted he hated children, he had no problem visiting care homes and hospitals to visit sick children. Very bizarre.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lot's been made of how he supposedly tied up troublemakers in the cellar of his club. According to a poster on another site, whose father allegedly worked with Savile during his club-managing days, Jimmy's party piece with wrongdoers in his club was taking them upstairs, then summarily ejecting them via the fire escape!
  • moongodess777moongodess777 Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    Savile said he had no recollection of visiting that specific care home in Jersey not the whole island. The abuse at that home was investigated and Sir Jimmy was never implicated in any way. He was guilty of no more than visiting the home in a charitable capacity - as he did for decades in hundreds of other hospitals, homes, etc. End of.

So what did he obtain an lifetime injunction for if there was nothing in it. Can't believe that people will brush things under the carpet because the person is a celebrity, they are humans not Gods.
  • Big PoyBig Poy Posts: 7,459
    Forum Member
    A lot's been made of how he supposedly tied up troublemakers in the cellar of his club. According to a poster on another site, whose father allegedly worked with Savile during his club-managing days, Jimmy's party piece with wrongdoers in his club was taking them upstairs, then summarily ejecting them via the fire escape!

Key words i reckon
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Another version (changed version) of what I've read. I'm beginning to think this story's a pile of crap!
  • kenny brockellykenny brockelly Posts: 1,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackol wrote: »
    Nice bit of exaggeration

Why is it exaggeration?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A good chunk of this thread is going to be pulled by mods I bet, any time these rumours appear anywhere online they disappear very quickly...
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    killiegirl wrote: »
    A good chunk of this thread is going to be pulled by mods I bet, any time these rumours appear anywhere online they disappear very quickly...

As long as things don't cross the line and we're only saying what we think, posts should stay put.
  • eyesw/outafaceeyesw/outaface Posts: 460
    Forum Member
    But he is now dead is he not?

Don't believe all these far out stories to be honest, most likely to have been a closeted homesexual although that's hardly contraversial.

Louis Theroux documentary made me chuckle when Jimmy introduced his 'friend' who happened to be going on a cruise with.
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    Why is it exaggeration?
    no deaths ever proved see Tootandcomein's post above
  • FBIFBI Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But he is now dead is he not?

Don't believe all these far out stories to be honest, most likely to have been a closeted homesexual although that's hardly contraversial.

Louis Theroux documentary made me chuckle when Jimmy introduced his 'friend' who happened to be going on a cruise with.

I think that's quite likely - and perhaps because of his mother he was never able to come to terms with it.

People like to smear the character of oddballs and eccentrics because they fit people's idea of what child abusers, murderers should be like. Ask Christopher Jeffries. People don't want to accept things like the fact that it's parents that are the greatest threat to their own children and would rather cling to the comforting idea such nastiness is perpetrated by only by strange men in dirty raincoats.
  • kenny brockellykenny brockelly Posts: 1,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abriel wrote: »
    no deaths ever proved see Tootandcomein's post above

I thought they found human remains there?
  • CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

When you find out the name of this mysterious club please let me know (see my original post 390).

Jimmy was a dance hall manager at the Mecca Locarno which was on the ground floor of the County Arcade at the time he was manager.

For information After Jimmy was no longer manager a new Mecca was built in Leeds in the Merrion Centre and that was several storeys up. Perhaps the myths of time have descended on the when, where and who.
    Forum Member
    I thought they found human remains there?

Yes dating back at the very latest 1950s with some dating back from the 1600s. The place location could of been a burial ground historically.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

My own guess is that Jersey might be a red herring as far as Savile is concerned and he never got up to anything there.

But there do seem to be a fair number of unsavoury rumours and anecdotes concerning his activities back in England, perhaps too many of them for the guy to be completely innocent.
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »
    My own guess is that Jersey might be a red herring as far as Savile is concerned and he never got up to anything there.

But there do seem to be a fair number of unsavoury rumours and anecdotes concerning his activities back in England, perhaps too many of them for the guy to be completely innocent.

Activites that have only been deemed legal over the last 25-30 years remember. Well either that or being caught frequenting public lavatories.
  • KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone watched Louis Theroux meets Saville? Why does Saville say he enjoys sex with young girls, then immediately put emphasis on "legally aged girls"?

Also, I hope this post is not deleted as it based on a factual conversation for a TV documentary that can be watched by anyone.
    Forum Member
    Anyone watched Louis Theroux meets Saville? Why does Saville say he enjoys sex with young girls, then immediately put emphasis on "legally aged girls"?

Also, I hope this post is not deleted as it based on a factual conversation for a TV documentary that can be watched by anyone.

Spoofing us to believe he is still popular with young women, as if that was ever the case. Most likely sick and tired of talking about it and playing Louis along, Think he played us along as the 'ladies man' for over 50 years.
  • plymeverton1878plymeverton1878 Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cressida wrote: »
    When you find out the name of this mysterious club please let me know (see my original post 390).

Jimmy was a dance hall manager at the Mecca Locarno which was on the ground floor of the County Arcade at the time he was manager.

For information After Jimmy was no longer manager a new Mecca was built in Leeds in the Merrion Centre and that was several storeys up. Perhaps the myths of time have descended on the when, where and who.

You do realise this all came out of his own mouth?

Strange thing to want to lie about.