tinman wrote: »
    Let the stories begin.

Did these two know something ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FBI wrote: »
    Hope there is a properly researched biography of the late Sir Jimmy think it would be fascinating.

Mmmm .. or maybe not .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've looked back about 10 pages and noticed that there were quite a few posters who seemed to know about his ways , 12 months ago.
  • Options
    GlinnyGlinny Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The title of this thread should be renamed as
    BIH Jimmy Saville :mad::mad::mad:

Horrible, vile, disgusting, sick obnoxious bully.
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All these were posted within a couple of hours of Savile's death becoming publically known.
    conchie wrote: »
    I dare someone write the biography !!!
    tinman wrote: »
    Let the stories begin.
    Moggio wrote: »
    Does this mean the can of worms can now be opened?
    fizzycat wrote: »
    Not a chance! Only sanitised stories about 'Saint Jimmy' will be allowed.
    John Dough wrote: »
    Reunited with 'The Duchess'.:(

I'm sure a few stories will 'emerge' in the tabloids now that he can't sue.:rolleyes:
    zx50 wrote: »
    It shouldn't be too long.
    Didn't someone suggest in a thread here some months back that some seriously interesting stuff would come out but not until after he'd popped his clogs...?
    Earake wrote: »
    What....that the can of worms can now be opened ?
    Oh I think there are far bigger things than worms in this particular can.
    Will be an interesting next couple of days if any of the stories come out.
    CRM wrote: »
    Disabled children need no longer live in fear.
    *Clem* wrote: »
    I immediately thought of the rumours from DS when I heard Jimmy had died!
    jra wrote: »
    Well maybe the seedier points of his life can be finally made public (allegedly mind).
    Rawr! wrote: »
    Sad news, Jim'll was a national treasure, but probably not in Jersey.
    He was a miner at the same pit as my dad . Jimmy once said of the time he worked there "I went down as a boy and came up as a man'' In later life he went down as a man and came up a boy. Allegedly. http://www.healeyhero.co.uk/rescue/Bevin/bevin2.htm#savile
    He was indeed a bizarre eccentric trailblazer. He dressed like a 'chav' before it was fashionable and didn't seem to give a toss about what others thought of him. He raised a lot of money for charity and was always entertaining viewing, although he was never a favourite of mine.

However, I do think there will be a smattering of stories in the media about his life.
    Miss_Moo wrote: »
    Will people be able to publish a certain Jersey photo now he is dead?
    No smoke without fire I always say...interesting that Jimmy had a long standing gagging order in place though...
    Stunty wrote: »
    Sir Jimmy Saville was a part of a lot of children's childhoods, allegedly!
    SHAFT wrote: »
    Certain people in Jersey might disagree with you.
    Vivadiva wrote: »
    This could get interesting...
    Reiver97 wrote: »
    Hmm well that is a can of worms being opened right there!

Will references to "The Fixer" still be deleted by mods?
    XXRunXX wrote: »
    I know I shouldn't but that made me LOL!

Yes Mr Saville, I've known two people who have met him and worked with him in the entertainment industry. Neither were very complimentary about him.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Uk Ltd wrote: »
    The shagging dead bodies stuff is disgusting. I truly wish this had all been exposed before he gleefully slipped away assuming everyone still thought he was worthy of being a Sir. Especially as so many people seemed aware of the goings on, but nobody did anything!!

Rotten to the core.

Or maybe he didn't!

Maybe he spotted the vultures gathering and his rancid old body gave up the ghost.

Hard work, six decades of being a prolific $**@#**£!
  • Options
    mary03mary03 Posts: 6,281
    Forum Member
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Or maybe he didn't!

Maybe he spotted the vultures gathering and his rancid old body gave up the ghost.

Hard work, six decades of being a prolific $**@#**£!

Yes it's just a pity that he didn't put certain insurances in a safe somewhere should the shit ever hit the fan.

But then again....who do we think would be the ones accessing those docs....if they ever existed in the first place..........and would be doing their utmost to do a cleanup job of the highest order.............and to protect the highest order?

Tony Blair did such an exemplar job when it came to the Dunblane enquiry.............and with such swiftness too.
    A D notice was put upon it.

So let's see how far this goes. Not that I have any hope whatsoever that any of the higher ups will ever get their days of justice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All these were posted within a couple of hours of Savile's death becoming publically known.

Quite a few of them are listed as ' inactive' . Strange .
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    mary03 wrote: »
    Yes it's just a pity that he didn't put certain insurances in a safe somewhere should the shit ever hit the fan.

But then again....who do we think would be the ones accessing those docs....if they ever existed in the first place..........and would be doing their utmost to do a cleanup job of the highest order.............and to protect the highest order?
    Tony Blair did such an exemplar job when it came to the Dunblane enquiry.............and with such swiftness too.
    A D notice was put upon it.

So let's see how far this goes. Not that I have any hope whatsoever that any of the higher ups will ever get their days of justice.

Maybe that explains why his coffin was encased in concrete
  • Options
    Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by conchie View Post
    I dare someone write the biography !!!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    Let the stories begin.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Moggio View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fizzycat View Post
    Not a chance! Only sanitised stories about 'Saint Jimmy' will be allowed.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by John Dough View Post
    Reunited with 'The Duchess'.

I'm sure a few stories will 'emerge' in the tabloids now that he can't sue.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Moggio View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zx50 View Post
    It shouldn't be too long.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MissCulture View Post
    Didn't someone suggest in a thread here some months back that some seriously interesting stuff would come out but not until after he'd popped his clogs...?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Earake View Post
    What....that the can of worms can now be opened ?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MrIncredible View Post
    Oh I think there are far bigger things than worms in this particular can.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stupid_Head View Post
    Will be an interesting next couple of days if any of the stories come out.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CRM View Post
    Disabled children need no longer live in fear.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by *Clem* View Post
    I immediately thought of the rumours from DS when I heard Jimmy had died!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jra View Post
    Well maybe the seedier points of his life can be finally made public (allegedly mind).
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rawr! View Post
    Sad news, Jim'll was a national treasure, but probably not in Jersey.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Toby Latimer View Post
    He was a miner at the same pit as my dad . Jimmy once said of the time he worked there "I went down as a boy and came up as a man'' In later life he went down as a man and came up a boy. Allegedly. http://www.healeyhero.co.uk/rescue/B...in2.htm#savile
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Terry Wigon View Post
    He was indeed a bizarre eccentric trailblazer. He dressed like a 'chav' before it was fashionable and didn't seem to give a toss about what others thought of him. He raised a lot of money for charity and was always entertaining viewing, although he was never a favourite of mine.

However, I do think there will be a smattering of stories in the media about his life.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Miss_Moo View Post
    Will people be able to publish a certain Jersey photo now he is dead?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MissCulture View Post
    No smoke without fire I always say...interesting that Jimmy had a long standing gagging order in place though...
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stunty View Post
    Sir Jimmy Saville was a part of a lot of children's childhoods, allegedly!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    Certain people in Jersey might disagree with you.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Vivadiva View Post
    This could get interesting...
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Reiver97 View Post
    Hmm well that is a can of worms being opened right there!

Will references to "The Fixer" still be deleted by mods?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by XXRunXX View Post
    I know I shouldn't but that made me LOL!

Yes Mr Saville, I've known two people who have met him and worked with him in the entertainment industry. Neither were very complimentary about him.

Someone's been busy ...:eek:
  • Options
    Benry_GaleBenry_Gale Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I've said previously, everyone knew about this, and those in the media that covered it up need to be brought to justice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    Benry_Gale wrote: »
    As I've said previously, everyone knew about this, and those in the media that covered it up need to be brought to justice.

And by everyone you mean what ecactly?

The whole population of the UK?

I for one resent being lumped in with this 'everyone knew' kind of claim. It is simply hysterical and emotive nonsense!
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is an interesting article. Among other things, it tells how a novelist based a character upon Savile-and how he painted the interior of his flat black.

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1591712_special-report-how-the-terrible-truth-about-jimmy-savile-got-lost-in-a-legend
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I knew in as much i'd heard the rumours, but literally only what I'd heard on DS so I always took it with a punch of salt. But I guess it was an Internet rumour that was actually true for once! I remember this thread and wondering if anyone had brought it up, but I've never had much of an interest in jimmy savile as he's before my time so I never actually clicked on the thread before. It's interesting how many people did say something.
  • Options
    MissCultureMissCulture Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh boy has it ever...:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Sarah AnneSarah Anne Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who would have thought a year on that we would know all this and that Savilles name would be mud! I certainly didnt! I liked him- I had NO idea at all.
    Though looking through this thread is fascinating! So many people did know on here. Wonder who these people were...
  • Options
    penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    richie4eva wrote: »
    Won't be fixing it any more

Thanks for the memories

RIP

[news]Sir Jimmy Savile dies, aged 84[/news]

Yeah, thanks a bunch.
  • Options
    Chabby_BoonaChabby_Boona Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sarah Anne wrote: »
    Who would have thought a year on that we would know all this and that Savilles name would be mud! I certainly didnt! I liked him- I had NO idea at all.
    Though looking through this thread is fascinating! So many people did know on here. Wonder who these people were...

Are you deluded?

It's been known for years. No-one had the guts to come forward.

I understand, I've been raped, you think it's you that has caused it, it's surreal, you want to forget it. pretend it never happened, it's your fault.

Happened with Middle Eastern men, Arabs.
  • Options
    Sarah AnneSarah Anne Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you deluded?

It's been known for years. No-one had the guts to come forward.

I understand, I've been raped, you think it's you that has caused it, it's surreal, you want to forget it. pretend it never happened, it's your fault.

I dont know why you think I would know. I didnt know Jimmy personally. I dont work in showbiz, the NHs or anywhere where I could possible have found out. Up till recently I didnt even spend a lot of time online reading about celebrities. I never woke up one day and though "Aha today im going to google and see if Jimmy Saville is a paedophile.
    Im also not going to be someone who pretends they found him creepy at the time, just because of hindsight. I saw him as an eccentric, the way the BBC wanted us to. I was gullible maybe yes- but trusting of the world.
    I dont believe I am in the small minority who didnt know, including people who were close to him.
    Im sorry you had that awful experience :(. xx
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What's the point of gathering all them quotes?
  • Options
    DimsieDimsie Posts: 2,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont know why you think I would know. I didnt know Jimmy personally. I dont work in showbiz, the NHs or anywhere where I could possible have found out. Up till recently I didnt even spend a lot of time online reading about celebrities. I never woke up one day and though "Aha today im going to google and see if Jimmy Saville is a paedophile.
    Im also not going to be someone who pretends they found him creepy at the time, just because of hindsight.
    I dont believe I am in the small minority who didnt know, including people who were close to him.
    I agree with you. I never heard any scandal about Jimmy Savile until this present business. Same with everyone I know, they're all amazed that the man they only knew from tv as a DJ and for the Fix It programme, and for his charity work, is now accused by so many people of sexual abuse. The occasional person says 'I always thought he was a bit odd' or something like that, but that's it.

Unless you're into reading celeb gossip, where would you have heard all the rumours that it seems were floating about? I've been on the Internet for years and DO read bits of celeb gossip here and there, but I never came across a word about Jimmy Savile anywhere until now. I was never interested in him, so would never have googled him - he was just an elderly man whose glory days of fame were gone by the time he died, as far as I was concerned.

Next time a famous person dies I must remember to look for the rumours asap, or risk being seen as naive, stupid or unconcerned for their possible victims.
  • Options
    Rikki65Rikki65 Posts: 8,449
    Forum Member
    Im also not going to be someone who pretends they found him creepy at the time, just because of hindsight. I saw him as an eccentric, the way the BBC wanted us to. I was gullible maybe yes- but trusting of the world.

You're not the only one Sarah Anne, I had no idea about JS either, I just saw him as a weirdo with a funny hairstyle and a big cigar presenting a popular childrens' programme which I seldom watched. To be honest I am shocked to learn that he was so powerful. Maybe in my younger days I wasn't into "celebrity" gossip like many people posting here seem to have been. That post calling you deluded is just plain ignorant.
  • Options
    CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You are not alone. I thought of him as a philanthropic but eccentric fund raiser. An extravert about whom I’d not heard one word of tittle-tattle against him.

Anyone can relate a ‘juicy story’ but how can it be defined with certainty as being the truth and not malicious rumours. Rather than castigate anyone for not knowing or believing those that knew the truth very unfortunately did not pursue matters and ensure the nefarious actions he is accused of were ended. JS will remain dead and unable to answer for himself for all eternity and although some did report him they weren‘t believed or there was insufficient evidence, we have been told, to convict. There may be ‘talk’ about anyone but it is not compulsory to believe implicitly all or any unsubstantiated rumours when the perpetrator has not been uncovered or caught or brought to justice.

The point of this thread was that Jimmy Savile had died.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cressida wrote: »
    You are not alone. I thought of him as a philanthropic but eccentric fund raiser. An extravert about whom I’d not heard one word of tittle-tattle against him.

Anyone can relate a ‘juicy story’ but how can it be defined with certainty as being the truth and not malicious rumours. Rather than castigate anyone for not knowing or believing those that knew the truth very unfortunately did not pursue matters and ensure the nefarious actions he is accused of were ended. JS will remain dead and unable to answer for himself for all eternity and although some did report him they weren‘t believed or there was insufficient evidence, we have been told, to convict. There may be ‘talk’ about anyone but it is not compulsory to believe implicitly all or any unsubstantiated rumours when the perpetrator has not been uncovered or caught or brought to justice.

The point of this thread was that Jimmy Savile had died.

There have been plenty of interviews (not TV) where he has given off countless clues as to what his darker side was.
  • Options
    CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    There have been plenty of interviews (not TV) where he has given off countless clues as to what his darker side was.

For anyone being aware of JS but not following him closely what's truly pitiful is your evidence. Over 40 year's worth of 'clues' but still no one ever clamped down on him.