Today's 2000T software update

barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does anybody have any idea what it was for? I haven't been able to find anything, but I'm hoping it will solve the problem with no sound after switching on (occasionally).

Comments

• Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the release notes, the only thing it does is add new WiFi drivers.

It does nothing else and will be pretty much pointless for most people.
  • Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mickey_T wrote: »
    It does nothing else and will be pretty much pointless for most people.
    It also fixes a problem with YouTube that was introduced in (the not widely distributed) 1.01.10. Barry over at MyHumax.org has hinted that there may be other improvements.
  • Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it hasn't fixed the problem of not seeing the network when you change storage devices, and someone else reported they're still having audio issues.

If it actually fixes anything of note then it should be in the release notes imo.
  • pilgrim42pilgrim42 Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    Since this OTA update, my 2000T is up and running out of standby in about 10 seconds
    instead of around 30 seconds: it even misses out the Humax splash screen. I've also experienced some instability (short dropouts) on the T2 muxes, but no problems on T1.
    Coincidence?
    Mike.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pilgrim42 wrote: »
    Since this OTA update, my 2000T is up and running out of standby in about 10 seconds
    instead of around 30 seconds: it even misses out the Humax splash screen. I've also experienced some instability (short dropouts) on the T2 muxes, but no problems on T1.
    Do you mean HD channels? I have always assumed T2 referred to the number of tuners?
    Forum Member
    Do you mean HD channels? I have always assumed T2 referred to the number of tuners?

DVBT2 : the broadcasting system that allows HD as opposed to DVBT(1), the original
    digital system for SD. And T2 is not exclusively HD, as Com7 carries SD (Motors TV) in addition to BBC4 HD etc.
    Mike.
  • Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,465
    Forum Member
    Anyone had their boxes 'bricked' by the OTA update?, we've had two customer brought such boxes back so far - still waiting for a reply from Humax about them.

Both are identical, they power up and display the update screen, and never do anything else.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone had their boxes 'bricked' by the OTA update?, we've had two customer brought such boxes back so far - still waiting for a reply from Humax about them.
    It is a widely reported problem and depends on the loader version. Boxes with loader 1.02 have problems; boxes with later versions are OK. Update via a USB memory stick should work.
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pilgrim42 wrote: »
    DVBT2 : the broadcasting system that allows HD as opposed to DVBT(1), the original
    digital system for SD. And T2 is not exclusively HD, as Com7 carries SD (Motors TV) in addition to BBC4 HD etc.
    Mike.
    Actually you can have HD on DVB-T, as several other countries do. There is nothing specific about HD that means it has to be broadcast on a DVB-T2 mux other than the fact that DVB-T2 has a higher capacity than DVB-T so allows more channels to be carried.
    Forum Member
    It is a widely reported problem and depends on the loader version. Boxes with loader 1.02 have problems; boxes with later versions are OK. Update via a USB memory stick should work.

Nope, the first box starts updating via USB, gets to 49%, and then reboots back to the update screen. The second one won't even attempt to update from USB.

I'll check the loader versions tomorrow, thanks for that.

Doesn't help that both boxes are from different transmitters, so aren't even tuned in to ours.
    Forum Member
    I'll check the loader versions tomorrow, thanks for that.

Just checked, loader version is 1.02 as you said - again, thanks for that.
    Forum Member
    chrisjr wrote: »
    Actually you can have HD on DVB-T, as several other countries do. There is nothing specific about HD that means it has to be broadcast on a DVB-T2 mux other than the fact that DVB-T2 has a higher capacity than DVB-T so allows more channels to be carried.

Well, yes, but the discussion was about the situation in Britain.
    Mike.