Cut and Splice

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 142
Forum Member
Has anyone tried to delete a middle section of a recording? (via the editing menu).

I tried it with the adbreaks from Kojak. If you're to precise there is a sound wobble at the bit just before the first cut and the bit just after the second.

Therfore, its probably good practice to cut a few seconds into the adbreak, and then a few seconds before the start of the feature - wont look continuous but you also wont miss any dialogue.

Comments

• youngbazyoungbaz Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    Has anyone tried to delete a middle section of a recording? (via the editing menu).

I tried it with the adbreaks from Kojak. If you're to precise there is a sound wobble at the bit just before the first cut and the bit just after the second.

Therfore, its probably good practice to cut a few seconds into the adbreak, and then a few seconds before the start of the feature - wont look continuous but you also wont miss any dialogue.

My recollection is that the same thing happened when I first 'played' with this feature and kept cancelling and going back 'cos I didn't really know what I was doing! As I recall, when I 'got it right first time' the slight 'sound wobble' wasn't present.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member

I had the same problem when I tried to chop the start and end off of a program on Men & Motors (I wanted a short snippet to transfer to my PC to play with) - A Norman Collier style stutter?

I've not tried it since but I did wonder at the time whether the problem would vary depending on the channel - Am I right in thinking that the M&M picture is more compressed than, say, BBC1? Might that make a difference?

Regards

David