virgin phones aircraft check, can i turn it off?

SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭✭
as i probably only go on a plane once a year if im lucky, is there anyway i can turn off that aircract check thing on my siemens a60?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its on my dads c62 as well. i dont know if you can turn it off but look through settings as im nearly sure i turned it off in my old siemens c45
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a04188 wrote:
    its on my dads c62 as well. i dont know if you can turn it off but look through settings as im nearly sure i turned it off in my old siemens c45

thanks, ill have another hunt through them all and see if i can find out how!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Setting a PIN number will disable it. Other than that you can't disable it without a datacable and the correct aditional software.
  • lee18xxlee18xx Posts: 2,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh aircraft check...not heard of this before....wassat? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mattworld wrote:
    Setting a PIN number will disable it. Other than that you can't disable it without a datacable and the correct aditional software.

got anymore info on this additional software? :)
  • nodnolnodnol Posts: 651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lee18xx wrote:

Me too, but I suspect it detects your phone and incinerates you on the spot!

Or more than likely just detects it and alerts staff.

When I was on a plane last year, the pilot was jabbering away on his mobile! Ok, we was on the tarmac but still in the cockpit ready to re-fuel.
    What was more worrying though was the fact that he was bartering with whoever about not having enough fuel to make the final leg of our journey, and was waving a credit card around saying athens airport wont accept it! :eek:
  • lee18xxlee18xx Posts: 2,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard recently that researchers have discovered that using mobiles on aircraft doesn't affect anything.
  • nodnolnodnol Posts: 651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lee18xx wrote:
    I heard recently that researchers have discovered that using mobiles on aircraft doesn't affect anything.

There you go then. I think it probably does affect certain systems, but To be honest I have no idea.

Any aircraft technicians out there?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lee18xx wrote:
    Its not as exciting as it sounds, basically when you switch the phone on you get asked confirm you want to switch the phone on if you don't have a pin set. The idea is to stop you accidentally pressing a button & turning on the phone on while in a plane or hospital or some other place you wouldn't want your phone on.

There is also an aircraft profile that when activated disables all alarms, alerts etc. & switches the phone off so you know it won't automatically turn on when you don't want it to. When the normal profile is activated again the alarms etc are turned back on.
    monkey75 wrote:
    got anymore info on this additional software? :)
    The software you need is called 'Siemens service profiler' all you do is connect your phone to the computer, read in its EEPROM details, put a tick in the bottom aircraft box & save. Becareful not to change anything you are not sure about, it might have an adverse effect on your phone.

Unfortunately I don't have it or any links to it :( (it doesn't work with the x65 series so I had no use for it when I upgraded).

A tool called 'Siemens Quick EEPROM' might also do the trick, but if I remember correctly it only lists up to the x55 series. It might work though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    very interesting, thanks for all the replies, and thanks mattworld :)