Ever been on a TV show?

1235»

Comments

• emailsemails Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davethorp wrote: »
    I was on a BBC2 educational TV programme called landmarks when I was at primary school. Was filmed publishing a school newspaper and in a library studying the history of printing

Not very exciting I know

yer & look whats happened schools education now.disgracefull. i wounder whats going to happen in september?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Went to a couple of Most Haunted Lives. Sat in the front row :)
    Twas very boring!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    I have been on 15 to 1 twice
  • k-bolak-bola Posts: 4,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davethorp wrote: »
    I was on a BBC2 educational TV programme called landmarks when I was at primary school. Was filmed publishing a school newspaper and in a library studying the history of printing

Not very exciting I know

I remember you!
  • LoonLoon Posts: 3,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My fame extends to the YTV region mainly. Firstly did a quiz show at high school called On Your Marks with Carol Vorderman and some bloke called Greg Scott (where is he now mewonders?). We won and I was awarded man of the match which considering most of the questions I answered had the answers Kevin Keegan and/or Newcastle United in them is hardly surprising. Day after it ended I got recognised in my local McDs. Made me v uncomfortable so I grabbed my food, legged it home and didn't emerge for about 3 days!

Another sighting of me on one of those late night cop shows- we were being briefed at about 5am before a major drugs raid in Leeds. People on my beat said I had eyes like pee holes in the snow.....how shameful.

Around the grounds (Grandstand RIP) I was at St James' Park behind that really fat bloke who wears no shirt in the depths of winter and had a massive NUFC tattoo on his belly. My grandad nearly spat his dinner out when he saw us. Thought we were together.

The only other sighting involves nearly being decapitated at Wimbledon when Mark Philippoussis (who was responsible for my Centre Court tickets the little darling that he is) served a 140mph special and I only just ducked in time. I believe on the close up I called him a rude name. :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was recognised in Thorntons after being on Fully Booked too which was incredibly embarrassing. :o
  • mccoll131mccoll131 Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    - in a political evening programme with David Dimbleby and Robert McKenzie challenging the main parties lack of policies for young people (1970)

-Dancing on Top of the Pops In low cut mini dress. Got invited back for the Christmas special (1970)

- Sale of the Century (Anglia) won gold watch and cash.
    ditto (Sky) less successful just got a Times Atlas of the world but it's been very useful.

-BBC programme on memories of childbirth - appeared with my twin boys

-The Weakest Link 2001- great fun

-The Great British Pop Quiz - I was interviewed by Gabby Logan
    - Have done lots of pilots for quiz shows
    - Was on the first Restaurant in your Living Room and was featured in trailers for the show.
    - was also an extra in the film Wimbledon

A somewhat eclectic mix!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    I was on 15-1 many years ago.
  • sabreuk1975sabreuk1975 Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    Blankety Blank
    The Weakest Link
    In it to win it
    Little Monsters
    The Machine

Done these ones
  • Paul M CPaul M C Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen this thread, so thought I would add my little list here!

49 editions of 'Top of the Pops' - between 1988 -
    Christmas/NYE Specials 2009

BBC News Studio interview re: TOTP 2006

Tarrant Let's the Kids Loose - UKTV Watch 2009

Granada Television Interview for how to discpline kids 2006

The House of Tiny Tearaways - 6 x 1 hour episodes BBC 2005

The Personality Test with Nick Knowles BBC1 2004
  • emailsemails Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paul M C wrote: »
    Just seen this thread, so thought I would add my little list here!

49 editions of 'Top of the Pops' - between 1988 -
    Christmas/NYE Specials 2009

BBC News Studio interview re: TOTP 2006

Tarrant Let's the Kids Loose - UKTV Watch 2009

Granada Television Interview for how to discpline kids 2006

The House of Tiny Tearaways - 6 x 1 hour episodes BBC 2005

The Personality Test with Nick Knowles BBC1 2004

wow you done well. i am hoping noels are you smarter than your 10 year old is coming back this year ,i'll be going on that
  • jaimeswjaimesw Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm actually on telly right now!

Bravo Channel. Gavin Henson: Human Guinea pig.

No, I'm not Gavin! But part of his group of 'mates' on the program.
  • MrBingMrBing Posts: 2,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to be an actor, and have been in Casualty and Midsomer Murders in the past.

GMTV also came to my village during the snow day and interviewed the kids, me and my mates were in the background and I winged a snowball at the reporter. :D
  • Sparklyblue171Sparklyblue171 Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw a bit of myself on the telly when I attended the premiere of Chronicles of Narnia:Prince Caspian and they showed some coverage of it on the news, which was in 2008.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i've been seen on blue peter, had pictures shown on look east, and been in the audience for Your Country Needs You twice...none strictly about me, but i've seen myself on TV many times :)

a funny story with YCNY was that they used the bit of the show when Jade sang, as the first preview video (which happened to be when i was shown most prominently), and so all of europe had it..and i saw myself on an advert on spanish tv

i've also been told i was on latvian television for 3 minutes, and i was on eurovision:countdown which is shown in scandinavia :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was on the Apprentice. For a couple of years actually. Had to leave to finish my degree, though. Student loan company were getting proper irritated.
  • Aphrodite7Aphrodite7 Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    Was an extra on an episode of Inspector George Gently to be aired in September. In the episode, I was whacked on the head with a truncheon by Lee Ingleby and got caressed and undressed by the lovely MyAnna Buring- tough job!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    Loon wrote: »
    Greg Scott (where is he now mewonders?).
    Greggles!

Gregg Scott is an absolute hero! He hosted Quizmania circa 2005 / 2006 and is the warm up act on countdown :D

I've been in the audience for loads of shows, Big Brother, You Have Been Watching, Sunday Night Project, Hollyoaks (in the background), and a few of the Orange Mobile Act things. Mainly through work though.