Options

Rachels baby in emmerdale - mixed race?

CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
Forum Member
✭✭
The child must be mixed race and she lives in a small villiage where only one family are of this other race, I cant believe no one has even suspected someone from that family could be the father as she did work for them.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    It mightn't look exclusively mixed race, seeing as it is 3/4 Caucasian
  • Options
    moongodess777moongodess777 Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    I thought that might be the case during the pregnancy, but the child hasn't taken the Asian genes it seems.
  • Options
    pixiegirl123pixiegirl123 Posts: 15,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You would think that but Molly doesn't look mixed race, and she is technically the same ethnicity as Archie. So maybe it doesn't happen, or it slipped the casting departments mind! :D
  • Options
    EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Jai is half-Indian (I assume Rishi is fully Indian descent, but it hasn't been confirmed) and I am not sure about Rachel.

I know a few girls who are a quarter Indian and I can't see their heritage in them much at all.

Babies and toddlers don't usually gain their adult skin tone for a few years anyway - I was very dark haired and not very pale as a child (despite being smothered in sunscreen) then turned fair haired and very very very pale.
  • Options
    ScouseBirdScouseBird Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And why would that automatically make people think the babys dad is from the village? There is a nearby town and leeds isnt far!
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ScouseBird wrote: »
    And why would that automatically make people think the babys dad is from the village? There is a nearby town and leeds isnt far!

Exactly it's not like the Sharma's are the only Asian family in the whole of West Yorkshire.
  • Options
    Cody1Cody1 Posts: 2,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ScouseBird wrote: »

yes but we all know that people only ever sleep their way through their own villages it happens in walford & weatherfield too...and they have london and manchester lol..

it always happens on the doorstep ;)
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope the baby hasn't been born with the only-one-expression syndrome that his mother has.
  • Options
    Wench02Wench02 Posts: 2,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well bear in mind that Rachel herself is fairly dark... I would suspect, in "real" life, that you would not really be able to tell much about the father of the child, except for maybe he would have been of aisian/mediterrainan decent...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know of a couple of people with this sort of mixed heritage.

Father - not sure if it was his mother or grandmother that was Asian. Without knowing this, you would just think he was a bit dark.
    His children show no trace of the Asian history, except for very dark hair, and very brown eyes.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As said Rachel is quite tan herself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also know of one family... had two boys and a girl. The two boys were as dark as Rachel, and the girl was blonde and fair. (I assume they all had the same father/mother, and presume none were adopted as they all looked the same!)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CherryRose wrote: »
    The child must be mixed race and she lives in a small villiage where only one family are of this other race, I cant believe no one has even suspected someone from that family could be the father as she did work for them.
    She isn't a prisoner in the village. She can go to other places, such as Hotten - where she lived at first.
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She isn't a prisoner in the village. She can go to other places, such as Hotten - where she lived at first.

Yes but with her been their cleaner, Jai acting weird and you can see the tension between the two. Surely someone would be suspicous
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CherryRose wrote: »
    Yes but with her been their cleaner, Jai acting weird and you can see the tension between the two. Surely someone would be suspicous

Yes, and Charity would instinctively know what's what, wouldn't she?
  • Options
    KirgleKirgle Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    The baby they are using at the moment actually looks mixed race to me. He is very dark. I think its so hard to tell with tiny babies and becomes more evident around 6 months