Options

Miley Cyrus Sales Figures

Charlie_TrenchCharlie_Trench Posts: 981
Forum Member
✭✭
Miley Cyrus achieved #1 with Wrecking Ball and #1 album with Bangerz.

Does anyone know how much each of them sold first week?

Comments

• Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miley Cyrus achieved #1 with Wrecking Ball and #1 album with Bangerz.

Does anyone know how much each of them sold first week?

Check buzzjack sales usually out tomorrow or at the latest Tuesday :)
  • Options
    So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Final sales will be released tomorrow, but by Friday's midweek Wrecking Ball had sold 84,300 and Bangerz 24,600.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    24,600, that's awful
  • Options
    blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Album sales are really low at the moment...she'll probably done 40,000 by end of week.

Single probably at 100k+
  • Options
    sunrisegirlsunrisegirl Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    Official sales
    Bangerz - 30,759
    Wrecking Ball - 107,362
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 57,144
    Forum Member
    Pretty terrible album sales that.
  • Options
    So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awful, but not very surprising sales for Bangerz. She got to #1 by default. Had she released just two weeks ago, she would have only just made the Top 5.
  • Options
    TributeTribute Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not as awful as every other album commercially available in the UK last week though!
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tribute wrote: »
    Not as awful as every other album commercially available in the UK last week though!

Exactly. She got to number 1. Job done. Bit like Man utd winning 1-0 against a non league team. It's the result that counts.
    Basically last week she outsold The Beatles, Take That, Lady Gaga and her dad :D
  • Options
    dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shackfan wrote: »
    Exactly. She got to number 1. Job done. Bit like Man utd winning 1-0 against a non league team. It's the result that counts.
    Basically last week she outsold The Beatles, Take That, Lady Gaga and her dad :D

Her poor dad, he must be laughing all the way to the bank
  • Options
    Forum Member
    shackfan wrote: »

For first week sales they are pretty abysmal though. It only really beat new releases, beating albums that have been out for a month isn't hard.
  • Options
    TheWildHeartTheWildHeart Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    Bangerz is down to #8 in the UK chart midweeks after just one week at #1. I can't see this having much longevity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bangerz is down to #8 in the UK chart midweeks after just one week at #1. I can't see this having much longevity.

I wouldn't write it off yet. I am sure it will rebound by Single 3.
  • Options
    TheWildHeartTheWildHeart Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't write it off yet. I am sure it will rebound by Single 3.

Because two #1 singles have given the album such impressive sales so far. I doubt its longevity is going to be any better or any more impressive if it's already dropping this quick down the top 10. You'd think Wrecking Ball dropping just one place to #2 in the midweeks would have kept the album in the top 5 for a few more weeks at least. I guess it could climb before Sunday.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    What about the US sales figures, surely they are gonna be huge?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Predicted to be 250/300k i think.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

isn`t she performing on XF? it will shoot up again, i see it hovering around on the chart until at least Xmas, & with xmas sales i see it doing well overall
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Zone_Out wrote: »
    isn`t she performing on XF? it will shoot up again, i see it hovering around on the chart until at least Xmas, & with xmas sales i see it doing well overall

It will be long gone by Xmas.
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think she managed 275k, ninth biggest debut of the year. Disappointing, though. Two massive singles and that much press exposure should've garnered a better result. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she managed 275k, ninth biggest debut of the year. Disappointing, though. Two massive singles and that much press exposure should've garnered a better result. :o

Actually i don't see that as disappointing. Barely anyone is selling albums these days, plus the album has done a lot better than her last one. Hit singles doesn't result in huge albums sales at all. Robin Thicke being one example and plenty of others.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually i don't see that as disappointing. Barely anyone is selling albums these days, plus the album has done a lot better than her last one. Hit singles doesn't result in huge albums sales at all. Robin Thicke being one example and plenty of others.

The difference is Robin Thicke doesn't sing pop music and isn't a big rapper. He was never going to sale anything close to what someone like Miley Cyrus would sell. 177k in his first week was GREAT for him. Hell, he sold over a hundred thousand more than 2 Chainz. Nobody saw that coming. Robin's biggest audience is still African-American women. Blurred Lines did nothing to change that. It was just a hot song.

The Miley numbers are pretty good. She sold 270k and was the biggest first week sales of any female this year. Not amazing, but good solid numbers.