Sammy Winward quitting Emmerdale

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    No, she's excited about the new Star Wars film.

LOL, that's perfect! :D
    Why has it taken Katie's departure for so many to say they like her?:(

Way of the world. :( But I don't think it would've made much difference. They could still do a million things with Katie but they've just taken her for granted, and quite rightly, I think Sammy Winward's had enough of it. Let's hope Isabel Hodgins does likewise!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Citadel wrote: »
    Oh OK then. The party line rules.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wyezed wrote: »
    Oh OK then. The party line rules.

Yes, it does when there's nothing to contradict it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Debbie is being nice at the moment!:o:D

You know that she doesn't do nice.
  • Danny_FrancisDanny_Francis Posts: 5,656
    Forum Member
    Where to next? Hard to imagine ED without Katie she has become like furniture - not a legend mind but a character I will surely miss
  • alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    Gutted :(

I had no idea she came in as just Andys GF strange she made it so long, Makes sense that its also her exit story..
  • LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom_Willis wrote: »
    I hope Andy's going too. It's the right time for both of them to go.
    Yes please cannot bear the hypocrite.
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LHolmes wrote: »
    Yes please cannot bear the hypocrite.

Neither can I. Hope Katie takes fugly Slugden with her. Hunk? Yuk.:o
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope she cheats with Robert again before she leaves to piss off Thugden and make him have a nervous breakdown :D.
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    I'm a bit amazed! I don't mind Katie and liked her getting back together with Andy. Their scenes where they talked about his abusive past, just sat on the stairs, were really good.

Good luck to Sammy if she's decided to see what else life hold, that's pretty brave. I'm guessing this means major heartbreak for Andy though, unless he's off too.
  • spungerspunger Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I

Good luck to Sammy if she's decided to see what else life hold, that's pretty brave. I'm guessing this means major heartbreak for Andy though, unless he's off too.

Yes it is a brave move. Those who play Cain, Chatity and Nicola all left and struggled to find work so that shows how tough a world the acting biz is. Sammy is a single mum as well so there's extra pressure. If they kill off Katie and she doesn't get the work her career could be over before she's 30.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spunger wrote: »
    Yes it is a brave move. Those who play Cain, Chatity and Nicola all left and struggled to find work so that shows how tough a world the acting biz is. Sammy is a single mum as well so there's extra pressure. If they kill off Katie and she doesn't get the work her career could be over before she's 30.

Another ray of sunshine from you there, spungy! :p
  • sarah_shortsarah_short Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spunger wrote: »

Apparently, Sammy, has turned down a huge payrise to stay. This makes her sudden decision to leave even stranger to understand!
    The timing, which was straight after shooting important scenes. Nobody speaks more fondly about being in the show than Sammy! Then, all of a sudden she's off.:confused:
    This doesn't add up to me! Something must have happened!
  • spungerspunger Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another ray of sunshine from you there, spungy! :p

Which part of my post is incorrect though? What I said is a harsh dose of reality. Reading what Sarah has said about the payrise choosing to leave is looking like an incredibly reckless move.Sammy always seemed like a sensible person as well.
  • JohnMc1JohnMc1 Posts: 943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    Hope she cheats with Robert again before she leaves to piss off Thugden and make him have a nervous breakdown :D.

I hope not. Kate Oates has already got a reputation of not coming up with anything original. I have no doubt that Robert will play a role in her departure storyline. Its sad to hear that Sammy/Katie is leaving. I can name a good few that should be gone before her.
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's a single mum isnt she?

Maybe she wants to be around more for her kid?

(Then again its a steady wage too!)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate conspiracy theories, but here's one anyway :blush:

I wonder if there's something about Kate Oates that rubs certain cast members up the wrong way? First Gemma Oaten, then Sian-Reese Williams and now Sammy Winward, all of whom seemed quite stable before Ms. Oates came along. Makes me wonder anyway!
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently, Sammy, has turned down a huge payrise to stay. This makes her sudden decision to leave even stranger to understand!
    The timing, which was straight after shooting important scenes. Nobody speaks more fondly about being in the show than Sammy! Then, all of a sudden she's off.:confused:
    This doesn't add up to me! Something must have happened!

How do you know that?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I wonder if there's something about Kate Oates that rubs certain cast members up the wrong way? First Gemma Oaten, then Sian-Reese Williams and now Sammy Winward, all of whom seemed quite stable before Ms. Oates came along. Makes me wonder anyway!

Gemma was axed half way through her contract, I rememeber her saying on Twitter a few months before she has just moved into a new flat and then all of a sudden she was leaving. I actually don't think Kate rated her as an actress at all.

Didn't Sian want to do theatre work, I know she has already done a few plays since leaving.

With Sammy maybe it's to do with turning 30, or maybe something has happened in her private life that maybe meant she wanted to leave. I actually think now they will kill her off.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope they don't kill her off. There's been too much death in Emmerdale.

I'd like her to be in control of her destiny and leave the village with her head held high.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'd like her to be in control of her destiny and leave the village with her head held high.

Don't hold your breath, Gulfy. Kate Oates is a big fan of the stunt death, one of the many reasons I dislike her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Or maybe there was something about them that rubbed Kate Oates up the wrong way.
    I think Sammy Winward will be back, eventually.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I doubt she will leave with her head held high not when they say it will be a sensational storyline not to be missed.
  • Michelle JonesMichelle Jones Posts: 5,470
    Forum Member
    I doubt she will leave with her head held high not when they say it will be a sensational storyline not to be missed.

Yep I agree! After 13 years I doubt she'll just swan off into the sunset. And can't see her just leaving Andy 5 minutes after remarrying him. Yes even though he's unbelievably dull ,Katie has chosen to marry him again so I can't see what would split them again. If they go down the Robert affair route that'd be such a cop out!

Nope I reckon poor Katie will defo leave in a wooden box:(!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wyezed wrote: »
    Or maybe there was something about them that rubbed Kate Oates up the wrong way.
    I think Sammy Winward will be back, eventually.

To some extent maybe. Gemma Oaten is VERY loud and that's not everyone's cup of tea, and personally I find Sian RW irritating. But Sammy Winward is often reported to be one of the most popular cast members onset, and if you've seen her in interviews - she's very warm and friendly. I'm still saying it's Oates with the problem!