Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• edwardioedwardio Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    Geoff_Mack wrote: »
    Self entitled baby-boomers with a few quid they've managed to screw out of younger generations - the kind who have no self awareness but demand everything be given to them on a plate.

"You snooze you lose"

He wasn't snoozing you smug old bag, he was active - you're just being a lazy, antisocial old tart!

I off to Venice with the girls...Why should i be a golf widow hahaha
    Forum Member
    China Girl wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more!!

Then when he is doing the selfie, he has his mouth wide open like some sort of monster.
    Revolting.

Haha his face in he selfie is fkd lol
    Forum Member
    It's the voice over.
    To me he sounds like he's a youth worker spinning a load of positive reinforcement nonsense.
    Fine for yobs and nohoper teenagers but to adults it sounds like we're being talked down to.

These comments are so true lol
    Forum Member
    valkay wrote: »
    The PayPal one is back with the girl with weird accent, she can't decide whether she is English or American.:confused:

Hahaha and her trousers are sad too
    Forum Member
    That bloody over fifties ad for going on Warner breaks.

I quite liked it when the horrible woman was being a pain.

Now she's DOING the stuff, I'd rather be ANYWHERE else rather than doing what she's doing.

Horrible.
    Why should i be a golf widow
    Forum Member
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    Aww, she's lovely. How can you get mad at this? There are a billion worse adverts to get mad at rather than a working person with a love of dogs. She's nice.

I think shes lovely Emma i think lol
    Forum Member
    pinkwafer wrote: »
    Oh god yes. And her awful eshtuary twang grating on my nerves.

The thick mick driving instructor is appalling...He cant even speak right lol
    Forum Member
    blightyear wrote: »
    The "Shaking My Invisible Marraccas" part at the end makes me crack up. Poor bloke probably gets that in the street:
    "Oi Mate!!" /does shaky maraccas dance.

OMG i dance like that lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    Tne radio is just as bad with their begging handout adverts.

One is asking for £21 . 62p for homeless people at Christmas.

Dammit, I've only got £21.61 left ;-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    "If you can fix a skateboard, you can fix a bike. If you can fix a bike you can fix a car. If you can fix a car you can fix a helicopter. If you can fix a..."

What does this even mean? That if you can fix a skateboard then by logic you can fix a helicopter?
    Errm...........I don't think so.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    This is one of my favourite threads on DS. You can say almost anything you want and have a good old moan, and it usually goes unchallenged, in fact, people often agree!
  • solaresolare Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    victor mel wrote: »
    Agree about the Warner ads with the annoying women. I don't believe Colin exists or he probably ran off years ago.
    Colin's been dead for years - his lifeless, decaying body strapped to a chair in a Warner's Leisure Hotel room.
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poofume - surely somebody has mentioned this. Just as I was eating my food too!!!
  • Sadly All SeeinSadly All Seein Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is one of my favourite threads on DS. You can say almost anything you want and have a good old moan, and it usually goes unchallenged, in fact, people often agree!

I disagree
  • albion-mad-nickalbion-mad-nick Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tne radio is just as bad with their begging handout adverts.

One is asking for £21 . 62p for homeless people at Christmas.

Homeless charities I do have time for, I think it's disgusting that we have people homeless in this country. But to ask for such a large amount of money is counter-productive.
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Sun - oh, you don't get biscuits whilst purusing the Christmas TV listings because you paid for your TV listings, rather than getting the one that we'll be doing a week later. (For which you'll probably need a magnifying glass to read anything on channels other than the main five and Sky One, natch.)

I'd rather pay for the magazine than the Sun.
  • dachsedachse Posts: 582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Homeless charities I do have time for, I think it's disgusting that we have people homeless in this country. But to ask for such a large amount of money is counter-productive.

Perhaps if the charity didn't waste money on adverts they wouldn't need to ask for such high donations.
  • lola_skyelola_skye Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Waitrose because the teacher makes poor Ellie make those gingerbread biscuits when she didn't want to and when the dog eats the biscuits that she didn't want to make in the first place
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lola_skye wrote: »
    Waitrose because the teacher makes poor Ellie make those gingerbread biscuits when she didn't want to and when the dog eats the biscuits that she didn't want to make in the first place

Sick to death of the Waitrose advert. It's been on since OCTOBER! >:(
  • albion-mad-nickalbion-mad-nick Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw 4 Asda Christmas adverts in one ad break, FOUR!
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They're pushing their comedy DVD's a lot.
  • masterquanmasterquan Posts: 5,804
    Forum Member

lol i came here to see if anyone was having the same experience. I counted 4 as well all in one break, driving me mad. How Is it even allowed.
  • Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just been told tonight my elderly aunt had 9 direct debits for various charities ranging from £3 to £18 a month on the back of these vile sob story adverts, she has kept it hidden from her family but as soon as her son discovered the truth when a chugger turned up at her door while they were visiting as she had signed the DD mandate wrong ( he was from Save the Children and it was for £25) ,my aunt has a mild form of dementia and is quite easily pressurised by what she sees and hears and it appears to be the case her details have been passed between rival chuggers.

There is going to be hell to pay and he has sought the advice of a solicitor to try and seek financial recompense for his mother, if you have never believed these charity adverts are pressuring the elderly and vulnerable into parting with money they cannot afford then my cousin and siblings will strongly disagree.

No charity should be allowed to advertise on TV especially during times when they know vulnerable people are likely to be viewing, I'll be speaking with friends who are MP's to try and see what can be done about this guilt tripping of the vulnerable.
  • China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What an appalling story SJR, I hope something can be done about it.

There has never been so many charity adverts as there are now, it is overload to the extreme. The faces of starving children repeatedly shown, along with a certain type of music to go with it. I'm not saying we don't care, but there is only so much that has an effect, after that it loses it's way.

These days you can't walk down a high street without someone jumping in front of you asking for donations. Christmas of course, is the perfect time to play on people's emotions, especially old and vulnerable people.
  • Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    China Girl wrote: »
    What an appalling story SJR, I hope something can be done about it.

There has never been so many charity adverts as there are now, it is overload to the extreme. The faces of starving children repeatedly shown, along with a certain type of music to go with it. I'm not saying we don't care, but there is only so much that has an effect, after that it loses it's way.

These days you can't walk down a high street without someone jumping in front of you asking for donations. Christmas of course, is the perfect time to play on people's emotions, especially old and vulnerable people.

All I can add is I have spoken with my cousins and they have visited with legal representation again, many have said that these adverts are deliberately targeting certain age groups and demographics, my aunt is living proof that they don't care about the donar but only the recipient, I want them pulled from tv and we have already complained to OFCOM.

If anyone has suspicions about the state of a vulnerable family members finances then investigate as the same could be happening within your family.
This discussion has been closed.