Options

Cheryl down to 6 stone!

Comments

• Options
    Jem19876Jem19876 Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's obvious they don't have any photos of her since she came out of hospital, yet there are people still people commenting on her wearing make-up on her way home from hospital! I don't think even NOTW were trying to imply it was a recent photo, but it just shows how easily led some people are.
  • Options
    Arsene wengerArsene wenger Posts: 4,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl has always been petite tho. I think there has been too much of an issue of her 'tumbling weight' her body mass has been healthy but borderline. I know you lose weight when you are ill but I cant imagine it tumbling in 2 weeks. She's probably lost half a stone at most imo.
  • Options
    Jem19876Jem19876 Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She probably has lost weight, but that's what happens when you are ill, and she won't be the first person who has been instructed to gain some weight. If she is taking it easy, it won't be a problem.
  • Options
    Gaspanic!Gaspanic! Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She should get back to her prime. It's funny that she became a 'beauty icon' years later, but she looks better here early in her career.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d115/miss-tweedy/fhm1.jpg

http://www.superiorpics.com/wenn_album/Cheryl_Tweedy_-_Not_Pregnant/cheryl_tweedy_001_030807.jpg
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jem19876 wrote: »
    She probably has lost weight, but that's what happens when you are ill, and she won't be the first person who has been instructed to gain some weight. If she is taking it easy, it won't be a problem.

True. I had glandular fever and lost 2 stone. I got given a weight gain plan by the hospital which included 'build up' drinks and plenty of carbs.
    It's the norm when someones been really sick.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very melodramatic, since she was allegedly bordering on six stone pre-illness anyway.

Everybody loses weight when when they've been unwell.
  • Options
    David WrightDavid Wright Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This actually highlights one of the problems with being very thin. If you get an illness you have nothing in reserve to help you get through it (you'll always lose weight when your ill due to unable to eat and the processes involved with fighting infection, like the heart speeding up and the temperature rising)

When the body has a reserve of fat, that can be used as energy at times of crisis. Now, obviously I'm not suggesting being obsese or even over-weight is a good thing, but having a "healthy body weight" does involve having a little bit of padding in reserve. People often forget that.
  • Options
    EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly, I expect having so little excess weight will hamper her recovery.

My flatmate and I contracted a bad case of flu at the same time, she's 5"11 and 8 1/2 stone, very slim, whereas I'm around 10 and a half and, whilst not overweight, my ideal weight is probably about 10 stone or so.

We were both pretty ill and couldn't eat much at all, however, once the illness passed I bounced back in about 48 hours whereas she was off-colour for weeks.

I'm not a doctor, but I think the fact I had the excess fat to burn gave me something to fall back on when I couldn't eat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emmersonne wrote: »
    Sadly, I expect having so little excess weight will hamper her recovery.

My flatmate and I contracted a bad case of flu at the same time, she's 5"11 and 8 1/2 stone, very slim, whereas I'm around 10 and a half and, whilst not overweight, my ideal weight is probably about 10 stone or so.

We were both pretty ill and couldn't eat much at all, however, once the illness passed I bounced back in about 48 hours whereas she was off-colour for weeks.

I'm not a doctor, but I think the fact I had the excess fat to burn gave me something to fall back on when I couldn't eat.

That means your friends BMI is 16.6. That's far too low.
  • Options
    flakecakeflakecake Posts: 1,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jem19876 wrote: »
    I don't think you know what you are talking about. The NHS hopital allowed her to go to the private hospital after she was over the worst. That doesn't mean they would have allowed her to go home. If Cheryl wasn't particularly ill she could have stayed in the private hospital the whole time, and probably went there as soon as she was well enough to appreciate the extra perks.

Again, being released from hospital, even private ones, is often conditional on what help you can have at home. For example, a hospital might keep a person who lives on their own in for longer than someone who has family to look after them, but people who have left hospital still often get a nurse in to help out.

A lot of people employ a private nurse to help look after them, and if it is true, it is probably just to give her mum some support. A full time nurse is not the same as having a nurse at the end of your bed 24/7.

The papers might be talking nonsense, but it is entirely plausible, and actually quite probable that she wanted to go home as soon as possible, and therefore employing a private nurse makes sense.

Sorry to dissappoint you but I do know exactly how hospitals work. I care for my elderly father who is in heart failure, kidney failure, has a pacemaker, has emphysema, was recently in hospital again, 3 weeks in intensive care, sedated for half of that etc etc etc. He wasn't stable enough to leave the hospital for 7 weeks and needs lots of care at home, so I know all about it thanks.

Cheryl was not in a deaths door situation regardless of how the papers want to make it sound. A few days treatment and she was home so I don't believe for a second that she needs a nurse to stay with her. The paper either made it up for drama or Cheryl has employed her for drama. Are you saying that her mother isn't capable of making her a few meals a day or giving her a few tablets?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flakecake wrote: »
    A few days treatment and she was home so I don't believe for a second that she needs a nurse to stay with her. The paper either made it up for drama or Cheryl has employed her for drama. Are you saying that her mother isn't capable of making her a few meals a day or giving her a few tablets?

She was in hospital for 12 days, 5 of them spent in intensive care.
  • Options
    musicman099musicman099 Posts: 2,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to dissappoint you but I do know exactly how hospitals work. I care for my elderly father who is in heart failure, kidney failure, has a pacemaker, has emphysema, was recently in hospital again, 3 weeks in intensive care, sedated for half of that etc etc etc. He wasn't stable enough to leave the hospital for 7 weeks and needs lots of care at home, so I know all about it thanks.

Cheryl was not in a deaths door situation regardless of how the papers want to make it sound. A few days treatment and she was home so I don't believe for a second that she needs a nurse to stay with her. The paper either made it up for drama or Cheryl has employed her for drama. Are you saying that her mother isn't capable of making her a few meals a day or giving her a few tablets?

You love to tell people about your situation in Cheryl Cole related threads don't you?

None of us know how she really was, and it wasn't just a few days treatment it was two weeks at least with a good week spent in intensive care. Maybe she wants a nurse there for assurance and it doesn't matter because she's paying for it. It' silly to suggest a nurse would stay in her home for a few days doing nothing to dramatise the situation...what a silly idea. She's a nurse, she obviously has better things to be getting on with. We would all want a nurse at our call if we had spent that time in intensive care, she just has the money to pay for it that's all.
  • Options
    spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From reading the article it sounds like, if true, rather than pay to be in the hospital and have "free" care, she is staying at home for "free" and paying for the care. i.e. instead of going to the hospital, having the hospital come to her.

That is, if it was you or me we'd still be in hospital, but as she can afford to take the hospital to her, she has done so and can continue to be observed.

A luxury certainly, but if you could afford it then I expect most people would chose that option (I, for one, would much rather recover at home than in a hospital, private or otherwise)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gaspanic! wrote: »
    That means your friends BMI is 16.6. That's far too low.

Yep, she's been instructed by her GP to gain weight but struggles. When we put our food on the checkout at Tesco, I have all the healthy options and she has all the fattening stuff.

Who's the one who can't fit into their jeans? That would be me, the one who actually knows where the gym is ;-)

But back on subject, I've generally found that people with little excess fat struggle to recover as quickly as people with the reserves.

That could be down to lack of vitamins etc, but isn't it the point of having excess fat that you can burn it when there's no food?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spkx wrote: »
    From reading the article it sounds like, if true, rather than pay to be in the hospital and have "free" care, she is staying at home for "free" and paying for the care. i.e. instead of going to the hospital, having the hospital come to her.

A luxury certainly, but if you could afford it then I expect most people would chose that option (I, for one, would much rather recover at home than in a hospital, private or otherwise)

Good for her for not taking up a hospital bed unnecessarily, imo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    luvandlife wrote: »
    She has the body of 10 year old boy. No offense to 10 year old boys by the way.....

I was unlucky enough to have to stand next to her at heathrow a few weeks ago and felt like a total heffalump :D I'm only a size 8 but she's bloody miniscule. She's about the same size as my friend's 7 year old only taller. And her hair is wider than her body. No joke!
    There's no way on earth she is naturally that size.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she would have had this done in the NHS someone would have slated her for not paying for it as she has money but she's still slated for having healthcare that she's paid for in her own home and called 'attention seeking' :rolleyes:

The poor girl can't win.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emmersonne wrote: »
    Yep, she's been instructed by her GP to gain weight but struggles. When we put our food on the checkout at Tesco, I have all the healthy options and she has all the fattening stuff.

Who's the one who can't fit into their jeans? That would be me, the one who actually knows where the gym is ;-)

But back on subject, I've generally found that people with little excess fat struggle to recover as quickly as people with the reserves.

That could be down to lack of vitamins etc, but isn't it the point of having excess fat that you can burn it when there's no food?

I feel your pain :mad:
  • Options
    flakecakeflakecake Posts: 1,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You love to tell people about your situation in Cheryl Cole related threads don't you?
    None of us know how she really was, and it wasn't just a few days treatment it was two weeks at least with a good week spent in intensive care. Maybe she wants a nurse there for assurance and it doesn't matter because she's paying for it. It' silly to suggest a nurse would stay in her home for a few days doing nothing to dramatise the situation...what a silly idea. She's a nurse, she obviously has better things to be getting on with. We would all want a nurse at our call if we had spent that time in intensive care, she just has the money to pay for it that's all.

This is only the second time I've mentioned that in all of the Cheryl threads I've ever replied to ( and theres lots of those ) so how dare you suggest otherwise. If you know anything else about my situation then I'd guess you've been reading all my threads in all the other forums, advice and the like. You must be very interested in me, I've never even looked at your post history because I don't care to snoop on your business. I read the thread at hand, nothing else.
    BTW, as long as this remains a public forum I'll say whatever the hell I think is relevant to the topic being discussed.
  • Options
    Arsene wengerArsene wenger Posts: 4,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tbh we don't know how much is true in this new report.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is only the second time I've mentioned that in all of the Cheryl threads I've ever replied to ( and theres lots of those ) so how dare you suggest otherwise. If you know anything else about my situation then I'd guess you've been reading all my threads in all the other forums, advice and the like. You must be very interested in me, I've never even looked at your post history because I don't care to snoop on your business. I read the thread at hand, nothing else.
    BTW, as long as this remains a public forum I'll say whatever the hell I think is relevant to the topic being discussed.

Over reaction much?
    I remember you mentioning it on one of the other threads that's all. Calm down. Also it's hardly 'your business' if its a forum - stop writing it all over the place then where everyone can see it. It's not like I'm snooping around in your letter box or something. Gosh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tbh we don't know how much is true in this new report.

Coming from the people? Probably none of it.

This was their headline a while back http://i.imgur.com/psrlH.jpg

With their sources saying: "There is no divorce. She has decided to give the marriage another go."

and then she went and confirmed she had filed for divorce. Oops.

I honestly don't know anyone who buys that paper
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spkx wrote: »
    Coming from the people? Probably none of it.

This was their headline a while back http://i.imgur.com/psrlH.jpg

With their sources saying: "There is no divorce. She has decided to give the marriage another go."

and then she went and confirmed she had filed for divorce. Oops.

I honestly don't know anyone who buys that paper

I've never seen that newspaper...is it free or something? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, it's a bit of a strange paper, it's basically the Sunday version of the Mirror (like NOTW is to The Sun), but the Mirror also print a Sunday Mirror too.

It's rather ridiculous actually, here was the headline of The Sunday Mirror the same day: http://i.imgur.com/S20ad.jpg

So both papers are owned by the same company, one 'exclusively' prints she isn't getting divorced, the other 'exclusively' prints the exact opposite.

They know at least half of what they're printing is complete bullshit (the other half is probably bullshit too as well)