Options

Death in Paradise Series 4 Thursday Jan 8th 2015

Comments

• Options
    StigidStigid Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hurrah, it's back. Harry is too! :)

Do you really want to know the truth about Harry ??
    Harry is not a real lizard...

He is CGI !
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's probably my imagination but it sounded to me as if the Commissioner's accent had become more pronounced.

As for Fidel maybe he'll come back for the odd episode
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,633
    Forum Member
    I guessed the killer right for a change! what was the significance of the bell
    The killer and the victim were supposedly in cahoots to ensure the séance went well and the ghost woud be exorcised to alay the fears of the workers by the victim blowing out the candle and the killer ringing the bell. But the killer had the ulterior motive which was for the victim to hide him in the room (behind the curtains) so he could stab him in the back when the candle was blown out.

I was thinking that the killer was one of the two holding the victim's hands as they had no-one alive to corroborate that they had not let go and had a free hand to do the stabbing.
  • Options
    Bob PaisleyBob Paisley Posts: 3,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, this is a programme I've only ever seen twice, purely because I was visiting my parents and my mum was watching it. And it is mostly rubbish. But Natalie Gumede was in it, and she is unbelievably fit, so it can't be all bad.
  • Options
    sussex_seagirlsussex_seagirl Posts: 1,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to have it back and enjoyed it as much as ever.:)

My husband thinks it hasn't been the same since Ben Miller left as he liked the idea of an out of place tea-drinking Englishman in a dark suit. As he laughed a lot tonight, I assume he still appreciates the humour in it.:)
  • Options
    elfcurryelfcurry Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gomezz wrote: »
    The killer and the victim were supposedly in cahoots to ensure the séance went well and the ghost woud be exorcised to alay the fears of the workers by the victim blowing out the candle and the killer ringing the bell. But the killer had the ulterior motive which was for the victim to hide him in the room (behind the curtains) so he could stab him in the back when the candle was blown out.

I was thinking that the killer was one of the two holding the victim's hands as they had no-one alive to corroborate that they had not let go and had a free hand to do the stabbing.
    Me too!

I thought it was great winter evening's lighthearted telly.
  • Options
    marsch_labbmarsch_labb Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow except...

Loved everything: murder during a seance, locked room mystery, diversity of suspects, bit of humor with Dwayne and the commissioner, the movie club and Harry.
    The explanation, which i didn't see coming, was brilliant except for one big flaw: when four people are in a darken room and the door is opened from outside, the chances of at least one of the people turning to look are huge. The killer could not have faked coming from outside when he was in fact inside.
    The only theory i had was that all it took was three people to be in it together; the person in the middle can stop holding hands to commit the act.

Still, what a great start.
    Love the intros of this show: a scream at the discovery of a body followed by that butt-moving music! :)
  • Options
    latenightermelatenighterme Posts: 859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Delighted for the return of Death in Paradise. Became hooked in series 3, and series 4 looks as if it will not disappoint.
    Interesting Soap crossover - 2 ex- EE actors and 1 ex-Corrie actress on this episode. :)
  • Options
    Mark39LondonMark39London Posts: 3,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delighted for the return of Death in Paradise. Became hooked in series 3, and series 4 looks as if it will not disappoint.
    Interesting Soap crossover - 2 ex- EE actors and 1 ex-Corrie actress on this episode. :)

Not forgetting 1 current and 1 ex Holby City :-)
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved it. The show is like a comfy pair of slippers, and it cheers me up no end when the weather here is so drab to see sand and sun.
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it a bit implausible, but these stories often are. I thought it a conspiracy of three. One at the table could have killed the victim, if the the people either side of the killer said they were still all holding hands all the time.
    Humphrey doesn't irritate me as much as his predecessor, who was just plain silly.
    I still remember him dragging a wheeled suitcase along a beach when it transpired there was a perfectly good path available.
  • Options
    RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    It's probably my imagination but it sounded to me as if the Commissioner's accent had become more pronounced.

As for Fidel maybe he'll come back for the odd episode

Well unless the DiP Twitter account was sending out old photos of the cast during the filming, he was out there for a time.

Been bantering with Rob Thorogood on Twitter (i bought his book featuring Richard in a mystery they wanted to use for the program but couldn't get the sets in place... And discovering we come from the same home town) ... His comparison on writing for a program vs a novel was quite amusing!!! THE DOUBTS ... THE DOUBTS... must be what every (frustrated) novelist/creative writer goes through.

That being said, I am pretty sure I exercise a few creative writing muscles writing late night match previews!!!
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ....................I was thinking that the killer was one of the two holding the victim's hands as they had no-one alive to corroborate that they had not let go and had a free hand to do the stabbing.

I doubt whether that would work, since the knife was originally in a sheath on the wall. Plus I doubt whether you could stab someone with ythe knife at right angles to your arm. My thought was that the killer had somehow got the people either side to hold each others' hands .... if you follow.
  • Options
    StuBFrostStuBFrost Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    Wow except...

Loved everything: murder during a seance, locked room mystery, diversity of suspects, bit of humor with Dwayne and the commissioner, the movie club and Harry.
    The explanation, which i didn't see coming, was brilliant except for one big flaw: when four people are in a darken room and the door is opened from outside, the chances of at least one of the people turning to look are huge. The killer could not have faked coming from outside when he was in fact inside.
    The only theory i had was that all it took was three people to be in it together; the person in the middle can stop holding hands to commit the act.

Still, what a great start.
    Love the intros of this show: a scream at the discovery of a body followed by that butt-moving music! :)

The murderer was already in the room so not sure what the flaw is.
  • Options
    DeanDSDeanDS Posts: 1,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    I doubt whether that would work, since the knife was originally in a sheath on the wall. Plus I doubt whether you could stab someone with ythe knife at right angles to your arm. My thought was that the killer had somehow got the people either side to hold each others' hands .... if you follow.

This is what I thought too, especially when they highlighted the table was too small for somebody to hide under. However the candle was alight when they held hands, so i was wondering how they would have explained it away had it been the correct assumption.
  • Options
    marsch_labbmarsch_labb Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    StuBFrost wrote: »
    The murderer was already in the room so not sure what the flaw is.

I know he was already in the room, i wrote it 'when he was in fact inside'
    The flaw is that he took the chance that when he opened the door to fake the impression he was coming in from outside, when he was in fact inside. As i said, four people in a darken room and then suddenly the door is opened. Of course, someone will turn to look instantly and see the murder was already inside. He would have no time to fake his false entrance.
  • Options
    Penfolds_placePenfolds_place Posts: 865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't help missing Richard, as I thought there was a lot more of a story to tell with him and I loved the character. However I still really enjoy the show. Yesterdays show was really fun and the location is lovely. A nice show to cheer you up on a cold evening :)
  • Options
    BryanandLucBryanandLuc Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know why Fidel is no longer there, is the actor doing something else
    He helped to make the show
  • Options
    myssmyss Posts: 16,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I got that one too. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone know why Fidel is no longer there, is the actor doing something else
    He helped to make the show

He got a spot on Downtown Abbey - Moved on, (Boo Hiss!)

Anyhow, thoroughly enjoyed the episode one hour's worth of light hearted murder and sunny scenery - just what is needed when the weather outside is rotten
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,633
    Forum Member
    If you like DiP I am sure you will like Father Brown. And that is on five times a week.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was convinced one of them had a false hand (or 2) so the people beside them didn't notice they had 'let go'
  • Options
    RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    gee-em wrote: »
    I was convinced one of them had a false hand (or 2) so the people beside them didn't notice they had 'let go'

Hahah I was thinking false hand as well!!!
  • Options
    FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    There were a couple of others in the circle who'd guested on Holby.

Next week, Casualty's turn with Claire Goose & Will Mellor.

And Don Warrington has been in both.
  • Options
    SallysallySallysally Posts: 5,070
    Forum Member
    I like the cut of the new girl's jib - think she will give Camille a run for the money! I wonder if she will actually turn out to be Humph's love interest - Camille is too fond of rolling her eyes at everything Humph says as he is mulling over the case (you would think she would have learnt by now, wouldn't you!) and seems to treat him more as a child than a love possibility.

Still, whatever the end result, I am so glad this is back - perfect for a dull, horrible, winter night.
    And Harry is the star for me!