Green Party Wants to Put the Queen in a council house - and so it begins!

Comments

• CSJBCSJB Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    BRITLAND wrote: »
    The Royals would just go move to Australia, have a nice big beach mansion at the shore of Gold Coast, or perhaps have a mountain mansion built near Vancouver.

I have a feeling that the Royals hopes this happens, to move to lovely landscapes as opposed to staying in Britain.

Are you implying that Britain doesn't have lovely landscapes ?
    If so, you are either blind or have never found your way out of the cities. >:(
  • allaortaallaorta Posts: 19,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jol44 wrote: »
    This would get my vote.

I'm shocked that a Tory supporter like yourself would even suggesrt it.
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CSJB wrote: »
    Are you implying that Britain doesn't have lovely landscapes ?
    If so, you are either blind or have never found your way out of the cities. >:(

No :D just that the Cans and Oz have it better :p (Australian beaches and weather make it better than mountains and countryside :p
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would make a pretty funny reality show. Vote Green!
  • Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a feeling that the Royals hopes this happens, to move to lovely landscapes as opposed to staying in Britain.

Britain has some absolutely stunning landscapes.

You need to get out more.
  • AndyCopenAndyCopen Posts: 2,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Natalie Bennet needs hanging from the highest yardarm in the British Fleet and then exiled to Botany Bay
  • alfamalealfamale Posts: 10,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    If we are going to have a debate then let's have a sensible one rather than suggesting that an elderly woman who is worth hundreds of millions of pounds be forced to live in a council house.. What on earth would that achieve? Surely council houses should be for those in most need.

I possibly think that was part of the point made by OP. What the Greens said has been skewed by the media to make them sound bonkers and to laugh at them. Or i'm mis-reading the quotes, as to me the Greens said they were anti-monarchy so the royal family will no longer be the head of state and will need to leave a nationally owned building and live in their own house. Then to highlight their policy of building lots more social housing they jokingly added if she has no property of her own they can give her a council house.

I don't think it was the most farcical attempt to highlight their anti-monarchy views. Personally i can see both sides of monarchy argument & would just about choose Queenie as our Head of State over a President Cameron. It really shouldn't cost us so much though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    AndyCopen wrote: »
    Natalie Bennet needs hanging from the highest yardarm in the British Fleet and then exiled to Botany Bay

Again?
  • EnnerjeeEnnerjee Posts: 5,131
    Forum Member
    Property is theft.

Yes. I don't own any either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Britain has some absolutely stunning landscapes.

You need to get out more.

:D I didn't say they weren't stunning, I just said the others were better :p

Sorry but British landcapes aren't built for living, weather comes first :p

Funny how people here are easily offended by an opinion :rolleyes: or don't think for a second that a poster is just taking the piss, for shits and giggles, baby :p
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Annsyre wrote: »
    I bought me house and spent many years paying off my mortgage. My house belongs to me. I did not steal it.

Who did you buy it off? Did they buy it off of someone, who bought it off someone else?

Someone stole the land in the first place.

But it isn't a literal saying.

http://anarchywithoutbombs.com/2010/03/07/is-property-theft/
    When Proudhon wrote these words, far and away the most important form of property was land, and most ownership of land was the result of arbitrary claims enforced by the ruling government rather than personal homesteading or voluntary transfers traceable to a personal homesteader. In short, most property at the time WAS stolen.
  • Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Funny how people here are easily offended by an opinion :rolleyes: or don't think for a second that a poster is just taking the piss, for shits and giggles, baby :p

Has Australia got better landscapes than Britain?

Hotter beaches maybe.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has Australia got better landscapes than Britain?

Hotter beaches maybe.

As I said in a previous post :wink:
  • blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shock as radical left wing party has radical left wing policies.
  • AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who did you buy it off? Did they buy it off of someone, who bought it off someone else?

Someone stole the land in the first place.

But it isn't a literal saying.

http://anarchywithoutbombs.com/2010/03/07/is-property-theft/

It wasn't bought from anyone. It was built on land we owned and paid for.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shock as radical left wing party has radical left wing policies.

By "radical" do you mean "lunatic"?
  • ArcticchrisArcticchris Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    The Leader of the Green party has said in an interview in the Times they would put the Queen, Kate and Wills and the rest of the royal family into one of the new council houses they are proposing to build, confiscate £430m of the Queen's money, flog off Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle and abolish the monarchy.

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2015-01-24/green-party-plans-to-ship-queen-into-council-house/

http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/554004/Queen-HOMELESS-Green-Party-council-house

Given their recent rise in the polls I knew it was only a matter of time before we started seeing these sorts of stories! Given the media onslaught on UKIP I do have some sympathy - albeit mixed with a little schadenfreude.:D

And there is plenty more to come.

Magnificent, one more fabulous reason to vote Green :cool:
  • ArcticchrisArcticchris Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    taurus_67 wrote: »
    The policies David Cameron wanted to be heard.

Its the great taboo subject of British politics. I don't think Cameron would relish this being put on the table and debated more widely although I can concede he and the Conservatives may benefit from a siphoning off of republican votes from the Labour and Liberal Democrat supporters making it easier for some of his candidates to win their constituencies.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It wasn't bought from anyone. It was built on land we owned and paid for.

Same point to the land then. rolleyes.
  • bozzimacoobozzimacoo Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    The Leader of the Green party has said in an interview in the Times they would put the Queen, Kate and Wills and the rest of the royal family into one of the new council houses they are proposing to build, confiscate £430m of the Queen's money, flog off Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle and abolish the monarchy.

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2015-01-24/green-party-plans-to-ship-queen-into-council-house/

http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/554004/Queen-HOMELESS-Green-Party-council-house

Given their recent rise in the polls I knew it was only a matter of time before we started seeing these sorts of stories! Given the media onslaught on UKIP I do have some sympathy - albeit mixed with a little schadenfreude.:D

And there is plenty more to come.

So... who will put the highest bid in for Buck Pal: Chinese or Russians..
    in the words of Harry Hill... FIGHT!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same point to the land then. rolleyes.

Why do you find it so hard to understand that people who work hard are entitled to buy a home of their own?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why do you find it so hard to understand that people who work hard are entitled to buy a home of their own?

Because 'Property is theft'.

Just because someone has money it doesn't mean they can buy stolen goods.

Working hard has nothing to do with it. There are plenty of people who have inherited land and homes.

People shouldn't own land or property, they should just live on their far share of the earth as a right of birth.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because 'Property is theft'.

Just because someone has money it doesn't mean they can buy stolen goods.

Working hard has nothing to do with it. There are plenty of people who have inherited land and homes.

People shouldn't own land or property, they should just live on their far share of the earth as a right of birth.

I don't agree.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Magnificent, one more fabulous reason to vote Green :cool:

Do you include this as another "fabulous reason"
    If the government stopped her annual government £38 million spending money, she would be able to claim a £71 a week ‘citizen’s wage’. The adult benefit, which would cost the Greens £280 billion would be funded by taxing the wealthy and threatening them with confiscation powers if they didn’t cough up.
    source: http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/554004/Queen-HOMELESS-Green-Party-council-house

So the Greens want to spend £280 billion (BILLION!!) each year giving everyone £71 a week regardless of whether they need it or not?

£280 billion is more than is currently raised by income tax and NI on the whole population combined so goodness knows how many of these "wealthy" people the Greens think exist or how much money they have.
  • bozzimacoobozzimacoo Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Bobby Big Time.. is that you? :p