All scaremongering about the Greek far right and a Commie gets PM!

Diamond statDiamond stat Posts: 1,473
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The 100,000s of articles on the rise of the far right in Greece and Europe, the in depth BBC/CNN/ABC analysis on the dangers of the far right and how they are taking over Greece and growing in status throughout the EU. The 10000s of Guardian writer's man-hours dedicated to educating us on the Greek far right.

And, a former member of the communist party gets in as PM... someone so dedicated, he named his son Ernesto in memory of Che Guevera. A man that the Greek communist party -KKE, distanced themselves from because he was too far left.... :D

Is it only bad that Putin was a former commie? Everyone else is exempt?

Comments

• BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    Another thread bashing the guardian and BBC?

Jeeeez, give it a rest.
  • BigDaveXBigDaveX Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had Syriza done a little less well, chances are the incumbent party would have had to resort to going into a coalition with Golden Dawn in order to hang onto power. I don't think that's something that should be overlooked.
  • Diamond statDiamond stat Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BigDaveX wrote: »
    Had Syriza done a little less well, chances are the incumbent party would have had to resort to going into a coalition with Golden Dawn in order to hang onto power. I don't think that's something that should be overlooked.

0 chance, ND ruled out any coalition with Golden Dawn. The majority of the party are still in jail awaiting trial.
  • trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Jeeeez, give it a rest.

Another?
  • Diamond statDiamond stat Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not sure where these threads are.. most are closed due to abuse and personal insults directed at those who think the BBC has had its day..
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surprise, Greek voters fall for populist rhetoric and unrealistic promises.

I have never been more convinced of the basketcase status of the country.
  • Steve_CardanasSteve_Cardanas Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Jeeeez, give it a rest.

bbc and guardian are not above been bashed as they are nothing special. and nothing is above being banished.
  • Steve_CardanasSteve_Cardanas Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done to the greeks that voted for the party that won.
  • MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Jeeeez, give it a rest.

A bit quick off the mark don't you think? The OP barely mentioned them.
  • GreatGodPanGreatGodPan Posts: 53,186
    Forum Member

The scales have fallen from their eyes, you mean.
  • worzilworzil Posts: 4,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think its great what the Greeks have don't and I hope more countries across Europe do the same.
    It seems the only way to make the incumbent parties take notice of what the people want.
    Remember Labour rule for a short time after WW2 then had to call an election but look at all the good things they started while in power for just a few years.
    It made the Tories listen more to the people instead of vested interests.
  • OLD HIPPY GUYOLD HIPPY GUY Posts: 28,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It would seem that democracy only works (even in the country that invented it) when the public vote for the right 'wing' parties, should they decide to vote for the left, then it's because they are like stupid children who don't know any better, which seems to be pretty much the over riding attitude of the majority of right wingers everywhere.

in the eyes of many of them,
    "democracy is fine so long as you vote for who I say you should"

and "free speech is fine so long as you agree with me"

not forgetting the concept of living in a free country is also great "so long as you agree with me, say what I say, live the same lifestyle as me, have the same values as me, wear what I say you should wear, worship the God I approve of,
    in short, so long as you are a direct carbon copy of me, then you are OK"

;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would seem that democracy only works (even in the country that invented it) when the public vote for the right 'wing' parties, should they decide to vote for the left, then it's because they are like stupid children who don't know any better, which seems to be pretty much the over riding attitude of the majority of right wingers everywhere.

in the eyes of many of them,
    "democracy is fine so long as you vote for who I say you should"

and "free speech is fine so long as you agree with me"

not forgetting the concept of living in a free country is also great "so long as you agree with me, say what I say, live the same lifestyle as me, have the same values as me, wear what I say you should wear, worship the God I approve of,
    in short, so long as you are a direct carbon copy of me, then you are OK"

;-)

Who is saying any of this?

RE the BIB, that is more of a trait from those who identify as 'left' (stupid label that it is).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    worzil wrote: »
    I think its great what the Greeks have don't and I hope more countries across Europe do the same.
    It seems the only way to make the incumbent parties take notice of what the people want.
    Remember Labour rule for a short time after WW2 then had to call an election but look at all the good things they started while in power for just a few years.

Actually little old Iceland were the first to stand up to the capitalists and their lies and propaganda and say "NO, we will not blindly follow you and do what you say" and it doesn't seem to have done them much harm.

http://www.upworthy.com/bail-out-the-bankers-iceland-arrested-them-and-look-what-happened
    Bail Out The Bankers? Iceland ARRESTED Them, And Look What Happened.

http://rt.com/op-edge/iceland-bank-sentence-model-246/
    Iceland’s jailed bankers ‘a model’ for dealing with ‘financial terrorists’

By jailing four top officers of Iceland's failed Kaupthing Bank, the country showed the world the right way to deal with the people largely responsible for the 2008 financial crisis

This is exactly what needed to happen in the United States and in the rest of the world. And my hat is off to Iceland for standing up to these bankers.

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2012/08/top-economists-iceland-did-it-right-everyone-else-is-doing-it-wrong.html
    Top Economists: Iceland Did It Right … And Everyone Else Is Doing It Wrong

A funny thing happened on the way to economic Armageddon: Iceland’s very desperation made conventional behaviour impossible, freeing the nation to break the rules. Where everyone else bailed out the bankers and made the public pay the price, Iceland let the banks go bust and actually expanded its social safety net. Where everyone else was fixated on trying to placate international investors, Iceland imposed temporary controls on the movement of capital to give itself room to maneuver.

Whereas in this country and elsewhere we allowed the governments (or vested interests) to use OUR money to bail out the bankers for their criminal activities instead of jailing them, and (in our case) the Tories deflected the attention of the herd away from the true criminals and parasites by using propaganda and their rich media owning chums to blame and to scapegoat the poor the sick the disabled and the unemployed, the very people who are the greatest victims of these crimes, instead of the perpetrators, who instead of throwing into jail they actually rewarded.
  • MajlisMajlis Posts: 31,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whereas in this country and elsewhere we allowed the governments (or vested interests) to use OUR money to bail out the bankers for their criminal activities instead of jailing them, and (in our case) the Tories deflected the attention of the herd away from the true criminals and parasites by using propaganda and their rich media owning chums to blame and to scapegoat the poor the sick the disabled and the unemployed, the very people who are the greatest victims of these crimes, instead of the perpetrators, who instead of throwing into jail they actually rewarded.

I hate to throw a spanner in the works but it was your precious Labour Party that used OUR money to bail out the bankers for their criminal activities instead of jailing them..;-)

Waits patiently for the usual 'ah but what about the Tories' mantra......
  • PrestonAlPrestonAl Posts: 10,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Majlis wrote: »
    I hate to throw a spanner in the works but it was your precious Labour Party that used OUR money to bail out the bankers for their criminal activities instead of jailing them..;-)

Don't forget the usual "it was Maggie fault" or the standard "the Tories would have done it". Always the same with the militant types, never take responsibility.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PrestonAl wrote: »
    Don't forget the usual "it was Maggie fault" or the standard "the Tories would have done it". Always the same with the militant types, never take responsibility.

Straw man that it is, it is true though. That is part of the problem, we are ruled by the financial industry instead of the government and there isn't a political party with the balls to sort the problem. Until we get to the root of our economic problems, things are not going to get better no matter who is in government.
  • Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since when did it become compulsory that you have to vote in yet another right wing capitalist government.

The Greek's vote for their government is as valid as any other choice in Europe.
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    that's the trouble when plebs get the vote.

Greece is finished now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks as though the Greeks have had enough of Capitalist right wing policies that got them into their mess in the first place.
    No wonder they are veering towards Communism, the same happened here after WW2 when people saw that industries and commerce run by the government as it was during the war was not such a bad thing after all.
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    worzil wrote: »

labour cocked it up after the war, and every time since. This lot will cock it up in Greece. Jam and cakes for all doesn't work.

left wing parties should not be trusted with power anywhere, including the UK.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    labour cocked it up after the war, and every time since. This lot will cock it up in Greece. Jam and cakes for all doesn't work.

left wing parties should not be trusted with power anywhere, including the UK.

Sure about that?
    Labour created the NHS after the war and Nationalised many industries including the mines making them safer places to work.
    Maybe they did cock it up for the rich though....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who is saying any of this?.

do you ever read any of the threads here?
    especially ones about immigration, or religion, or the EDL/BNP/Ukip, the constant demands that people either "agree with us or f-off" "wear this don't wear that" speak the language we say you should speak, if you don't like it here leave, if you disagree then you hate this country/white people, or you support terrorists, don't you dare criticise anything about (for example) Ukip or I will hurl personal or snide insults at you. etc
    RE the BIB, that is more of a trait from those who identify as 'left' (stupid label that it is).
    Well we will have to agree to disagree on that, I am certainly not for one second saying that "the left" are utterly blameless in this respect but saying that "it's MORE of a trait from those on the left" sort of contradicts the "liberal, limp wristed lefty 'do gooders" being to blame for everything that is wrong" rhetoric that we constantly see on this forum and elsewhere, I mean either "the left" demand that everyone conforms, or they are liberal limp wristed "do-gooders" they can't be both?

here we go, with a couple of examples from this very thread note my reference to personal or snide insults,
    Majlis wrote: »

they are not "MY" Labour party, nor do I think that they are "precious" in fact I was totally opposed to their bail out of the bankers, and had certainly not forgotten, are you seriously trying to tell me that the Tories were opposed to it? because I must have missed that bit of history.
    (and have often and repeatedly pointed out where I was critical of the last Labour government, the bank bailout being but one, even though it suits some to choose to ignore the fact)
    but they certainly didn't immediately launch a campaign against the poorest and the weakest sections of society while rewarding and fighting hard not impose a cap on the bonuses of the basts who actually caused the global economy to crash, in anything like the way the Tories did,
    PrestonAl wrote: »
    Don't forget the usual "it was Maggie fault"
    I find it hilarious just how often Tory supporters bring up Maggie and accuse me of always blaming her, when the truth is, I hardly ever mention her, other than in posts where I am accused of always mentioning her that is,
    But PLEASE feel free to to check my posting history to dig up the last time I mentioned Thatcher. other than in response to someone telling me that I always mention her that is, it should be fun,
    or the standard "the Tories would have done it". Always the same with the militant types, never take responsibility.

There is it is, because I disagree and because I state a bloody obvious fact this makes ME a "militant" note no Tory supporter is ever a "militant" or an "extremist" remember what I was saying about "agree with me or shut up"? or "agree with me or get insults and snide comments"?

there we have a couple of examples of exactly what I was talking about, and please note, at NO point has this "militant" leftie personally insulted anyone, or told anyone what they think, or sneered at them, or in anyway tried to be offensive to anyone who doesn't share my views or opinions.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

left wing parties should not be trusted with power anywhere, including the UK

Another fine supporter of democracy I see,
  • Phil 2804Phil 2804 Posts: 21,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Or maybe their just not falling for the rhetoric that it was office cleaners and the likes who caused Greece's woes and should have to pay for it.

Some of the news coverage about what's been happening to the people of Greece is terrible and truthfully a lot of it is happening over here just at a slower pace.