Why wasn't Cheryl on the BandAid 30 record?

cas1977cas1977 Posts: 6,399
Forum Member
I've just thought of this, and considering that she's a judge on the show where it was broadcast exclusively for the first time, and the song mainly included current artists, and although opinión is that she's a poor singer, she still officially is a singer, I just wonder why she wasn't invited to sing on the record?

Comments

• NicoleRichNicoleRich Posts: 2,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be a joke, she can't sing.
  • paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She can't sing.
  • LH1LH1 Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because she doesn't care?
  • topcat3topcat3 Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But he was so desperate he had to rope in youtubers. Surely he must have asked cheryl before them
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LH1 wrote: »
    Because she doesn't care?

Damn you! Got there before me :p
  • zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The song is already a joke and i guess they wanted peoples to buy it
  • GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is the music industry's most successful least musical person.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GibsonSG wrote: »
    She is the music industry's most successful least musical person.

She is only succsesful with simons help i see her album flopped
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i guess that they just wanted people that were able to sing.
  • GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is only succsesful with simons help i see her album flopped

That would explain her appearance on X Factor.
  • IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    GibsonSG wrote: »
    That would explain her appearance on X Factor.

But not the success of her arena tour, 3rd album or 3rd lead single. Eek.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NicoleRich wrote: »
    paralax wrote: »
    She can't sing.

This did tickle me :)
  • Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, 1D can't sing and they are on it. What difference would Cheryl make? Ha.
  • cas1977cas1977 Posts: 6,399
    Forum Member
    I thought it was quite sad watching them sing, and thinking "is this meant to be the cream of pop right now"!
    Listening to bob geldofs speech before hand, I really thought it was going to be a great song, but listening to it, it all seemed a bit dumbed down compared to the original in 1984. Also the room looked half empty!

In spite of her not being able to sing, I still think she should have been on the record, she's meant to have had a nº 1 just recently, and this really ought to have been a massive record for all concerned. I haven't seen the charts, but I would imagine the sales are going to be disappointing.....

Maybe she insisted on miming and they said no?
  • Jo09Jo09 Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You could also ask why Ella Henderson and others were not on it either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    As stated, probably because she isn't a credible artist that's known for being a good singer. She is terrible.
    And despite what people will say about 1D, yes they can sing (at least 3 of them) and are a lot more musically solid than Cheryl. Not to mention they bring in world wide hysteria so are incredibly beneficial to the project.
  • CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Cheryl needs any more promo or photo shoots. She is one of the most photographed women in the world and magazines depend on getting her in their issues. I don't think she is as celebrity obsessed as many that participated who would turn up to anything to grab attention. Obviously, there were one or two who are there for sincere reasons. ;-)
  • CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As stated, probably because she isn't a credible artist that's known for being a good singer. She is terrible.
    And despite what people will say about 1D, yes they can sing (at least 3 of them) and are a lot more musically solid than Cheryl. Not to mention they bring in world wide hysteria so are incredibly beneficial to the project.

I could count on one hand who was a "credible" artist out of the motley crew who turned. up.
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheryl probably doesn't want to patronize people singing do they know it's Christmas time.
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Girls Aloud were not on Band Aid 20 ten years ago either even though the Sugababes were.
  • ThiswillbefunThiswillbefun Posts: 10,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

1D were only on it because of the level of media attention they can generate, especially in America.

Cheryl can't bring the level of hype 1D can and therefore has nothing to offer.
  • E05297535E05297535 Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    Because the folks behind the planning etc. thought otherwise! !! They were still hoping on Adele appearing!!!
  • Eva_Coco_MayEva_Coco_May Posts: 3,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because her voice is terrible.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CARA2000 wrote: »
    I don't think Cheryl needs any more promo or photo shoots. She is one of the most photographed women in the world and magazines depend on getting her in their issues. I don't think she is as celebrity obsessed as many that participated who would turn up to anything to grab attention. Obviously, there were one or two who are there for sincere reasons. ;-)

She is not one of the most photographed women in the world
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NicoleRich wrote: »

Like 1D and Olly Murs can, ha ha ha.