Satellite Channels Showing 2 Episodes In A Row

Ramsay LaddersRamsay Ladders Posts: 3,017
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does anyone else get fed up with the satellite channels shows 2 episodes of a series after only showing a single episode for weeks on end?

Medium on Living last night was a good example. The first 8 were shown 1 a week but last night they showed a double bill. Due to Sky+ being not that clever, I nearly missed my Peep Show recording due to a clash. Thankfully spotted it and saw PS on C4+1. Damn annoying. perhaps 1 occasion we wouldn't mind a little IPP the week before to remind us?

Ironically, Sky 1 did the exact opposite at the start of season 6 of House. Despite showing double episodes for the last 3 weeks of season 5 they started season 6 with single episodes. Despite the fact the first 2 were actually a feature length episode. Just daft.:mad:

Comments

• Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member
    The reason Sky showed double episodes was so they could finish the season and get into season the new season as quickly as possible as to not be too far behind.

Though with the first point I agree it can be annoying.
  • CraigCraig Posts: 2,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only time l find it annoying is if l have for instance a show recording at 9pm, and two recordings set for 10pm, and then the channel showing the 9pm show has scheduled a second episode, then of course there's a clash or a failed recording.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    Spanish TV channels are known to schedule up to 5 episodes of one series in a row in primwe time. Tele5 schedule episodes of its Monday night powerhorse CSI from 1015pm through till3am!!