Listened to Moyles this morning - wish I hadn't

Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
Forum Member
✭✭
:mad:

I put him on for a change this morning. That's 45 minutes of my life I won't get back. Why the hell is this egomanical moron on the radio?

I heard two records played in that time. The rest of the time was:
  • Moylesy blathering on repeatedly about YESTERDAY'S breakfast show and the fact it was his birthday;
  • Sycophantic studio cronies singing a silly tune about him, all to the same "tune", all out of tune, complete and utter repetitive drivel;
  • A supposed joke sketch with the same bloke, repeating the same stuff
All repeating the same garbage over and over again

This is seriously mind numbing crap.

GET HIM OFF!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    GET HIM OFF!

Alternatively, tune to another station.
  • Murray MintMurray Mint Posts: 9,129
    Forum Member
    I prefer to listen to Chris Evans. At least he plays music!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :mad: Why the hell is this egomanical moron on the radio?
    Because millions of people enjoy listening to him, maybe?
  • p_c_u_kp_c_u_k Posts: 8,806
    Forum Member
    I like him. You don't. Fine, it's all about opinions.

I'm sure the BBC provides you with a lot of other programming that you like, so feel free to go and listen, watch or log on to that instead.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    Here we go again, another bashing thread! :rolleyes:

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but c'mon, there are endless amounts of Moyles threads on this forum you could have posted this into!

If you don't like it, don't listen. He's not forcing you to listen to him, there are plenty of other stations out there, or perhaps you shouldn't listen to radio if it gets you mad, and just listen to your MP3 player, or CDs instead.
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry folks but I thought this was a board for debating issues about radio. I found Chris Moyles irritating, and thought I was entitled to say that.
  • CXC3000CXC3000 Posts: 10,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree entirely with the OP. The last time I listened to Moyles was nearly 10 years ago; seems he hasn't changed a bit.

Unfortunately, since the masses are asses, they regard his show as something from heaven (which it definitely ain't) :cool:
  • Mapperley RidgeMapperley Ridge Posts: 9,922
    Forum Member
    Well for those bashing the OP, perhaps you could tell us why you like Moyles?

Personally I find him a bit too self centred, but I can see the attraction of the show. For example, Carpark Catchphrase is a bit of laid back silliness - perfect for people starting another dreary day at the office.

Yes, some will say it's the same old stuff he's been doing for years but guess what - it appears to be working.
    Forum Member
    CXC3000 wrote: »
    I agree entirely with the OP. The last time I listened to Moyles was nearly 10 years ago; seems he hasn't changed a bit.

Unfortunately, since the masses are asses, they regard his show as something from heaven (which it definitely ain't) :cool:

Ah, the usual snobbish nonsense from someone who thinks all Chris Moyles listeners are truck drivers. Prey tell, what wonderful, illuminating radio do you listen to which is so worthy we should all bow down and be grateful you're alive?
    Forum Member
    What I like about the show? A lot's difficult to quantify (ie it's just bloody funny to me), but he's also got that great combination of being cynical about the world yet waking you up with a smile. I don't wake up in a great mood, and I don't want someone shouting how great it is to be alive first thing, but I do want cheered up. Moyles somehow hits that spot on.

There's also an element of a feeling that anything could happen - now I know a lot is well-scripted, but the illusion means it sounds far more interesting and spontaneous.

Music-wise the playlist is spot on for me as well, so it's a complete win-win.
  • CXC3000CXC3000 Posts: 10,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    p_c_u_k wrote: »
    Ah, the usual snobbish nonsense from someone who thinks all Chris Moyles listeners are truck drivers.

Lol !- truckdrivers ?! :eek:- I'd say more like 10 year olds :cool:
    Prey tell, what wonderful, illuminating radio do you listen to which is so worthy we should all bow down and be grateful you're alive?

Radio 4 :)
    Forum Member
    Well so do I. I often listen to the six o'clock news, PM, Act Your Age, The Media Show, as well as a lot of speech radio output from Radio Scotland and Radio 5 Live.

However when it comes to first thing in the morning, I need something that's going to entertain me and cheer me up before I go into work. Is there anything wrong with that?
  • hotmat3khotmat3k Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radio 4 :)
    Sounds like you're past enjoying entertainment radio and would rather want 50s plus intellectual matter chatter. Fair enough. Doesn't mean Chris Moyles is awful.

I've been listening to him since his afternoon days (so you can't call me one of them that jumps on the bandwagon). He's clever, witty, intelligent and knows how radio works. Maybe he's less controversial these days with the responsibility of a morning show, but even without the celebrity interviews; he can make a show worth listening to. It's personal when at the same time, it doesn't divulge into his (or rest of the teams) ultimate private life. All this appeals to different people, chuck drivers or 10 year olds. It works.

Mr.Moyles is the master of personality radio. Shame the rest of the commercial industry don't take lead and ditch the liner cards they give to their less-than-average robot presenters.

It's 8 million listeners against your opinion. :p
  • PantsFMPantsFM Posts: 451
    Forum Member
    :mad:

Why the hell is this egomanical moron on the radio?

Simple, most of his listeners have the intelligence of a typical Jeremy Kyle Show participant. The UK has become mostly a nation of morons so why shouldn't the 'UK's Fattest Breakfast Show' reflect that fact.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    I think moyles middle name should be marmite , you either love him or hate him .
    He's not my cup of tea but he wouldn;t be still doing the show he does if the ratings weren't there , so he must be doing it right for the majority of radio 1's audience , if he wasn't , I'm sure those in suits at the beeb would have him out that slot faster than a fart through a thong .
  • bwfcolbwfcol Posts: 13,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PantsFM wrote: »
    Simple, most of his listeners have the intelligence of a typical Jeremy Kyle Show participant. The UK has become mostly a nation of morons so why shouldn't the 'UK's Fattest Breakfast Show' reflect that fact.

I've never seen a Jeremy Kyle show, have a MBA and a first class degree. Maybe I'm just the exception to the rule eh? :rolleyes:

Moyles has often read out texts about people who flick between him and Today on Radio 4 also.
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member

Oh, so that's how to make friends and influence people? I did wonder :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's also an element of a feeling that anything could happen - now I know a lot is well-scripted, but the illusion means it sounds far more interesting and spontaneous.

Though they definitely have a running order, I feel that's it's only the competitions a
    Lol !- truckdrivers ?! :eek:- I'd say more like 10 year olds :cool:

How ironic, you both look down on Chris Molyes' listeners, yet you two resort to insulting nearly 8 million people in an incredibly crude manor with ridiculous generalisations.

Does Radio 4 teach people to become rude snobs or does it just come naturally to those that are drawn to it? :cool:

PS. Surely using terms like "Lol" makes you unfit to listen to Radio 4? I fort ya had 2 be articulated 2 listen 2 them an dat???? lmfao!!1 ; - /P :rolleyes:
  • JustinThePubJustinThePub Posts: 3,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Music-wise the playlist is spot on for me as well, so it's a complete win-win.

2 records in 45 minutes? You don't like music then? I thought Radio 1 was supposed to be a music station :confused:

I think even MTV plays more music that that :D
    Forum Member
    How ironic, you both look down on Chris Molyes' listeners, yet you two resort to insulting nearly 8 million people in an incredibly crude manor with ridiculous generalisations.

Is that all, 8 million, I thought there are many more numb skulls than that living in this country. Looking at listening figures and viewing figures every week does give one the impression that we have a huge breed of numbwits in this country or people that are ever so easily pleased when it comes to entertainment.

"What a larf innit", call me crude whilst you defend a fat, racist, bigot!!
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Is that all, 8 million, I thought there are many more numb skulls than that living in this country. Looking at listening figures and viewing figures every week does give one the impression that we have a huge breed of numbwits in this country or people that are ever so easily pleased when it comes to entertainment.

"What a larf innit", call me crude whilst you defend a fat, racist, bigot!!

Racist? :confused: Can we have an example of racism, 'cos that's a very strong allegation?
    Forum Member
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    Racist? :confused: Can we have an example of racism, 'cos that's a very strong allegation?

Such short memories you Moyles Goldfish Fans have:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Radio-1-Chris-Moyles-Racism-Row-DJs-Racist-Comments-Spark-BBC-Compaints/Article/200812115171724?f=rss

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article48808.ece

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/organgrinder/2009/mar/23/bbc-chris-moyles

Can't be arsed to dig up more, but plenty out there.
  • franchisefranchise Posts: 1,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So on one hand, we want less liner-card reading, more original presenters with personality. On the other, we hate the top man who rarely does a read and does have personality and uses it every day!

Digital Spy's Radio Forum....you couldn't make it up!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 204
    Forum Member
    This is nonsense. Moyles is on the air for 3 1/2 hours every day, talking for the majority of it. In 6 years at Breakfast there have been a handful of regrettable incidents. But anyone who listens to the show will know that he's not homophobic, he's not racist, and he's not a chauvinist. The Auschwitz one was the worst case of spin. He didn't make a joke about a concentration camp, as was widely claimed by those who don't listen, it was a throwaway remark about the making of the 'Who Do You Think You Are' TV show - which, heaven forbid, was actually quite funny. It's people like you that are sucking all the creativity and originality out of British radio, and it's a real shame.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PantsFM, I can't workout whether your messing about or not? How can you slag off Chris Moyles while making yourself out to look like such a nasty piece of work? I suppose you don't care, but your coming across as an incredibly self-righteous idiot. You fit the stereotypical negative view of Chris Moyles better then he does! :eek:

Please, stop embarrassing yourself with such uncalled for behaviour. Can you really not see the irony of your behaviour in this thread compared to the accusations you make against people who listen to Chris' show? :confused: