Knight Rider ITV

FIFA1966FIFA1966 Posts: 1,101
Forum Member
✭✭✭
When was the classic series shown in the UK for the 1st time, what time and was it ever show in the 90's?

Comments

• Kieran SeymourKieran Seymour Posts: 899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FIFA1966 wrote: »
    When was the classic series shown in the UK for the 1st time, what time and was it ever show in the 90's?

Just had a look at the television listings in the Times Digital Archive and it looks like the first episode shown was the pilot movie between 1925 and 2100 on Tuesday 22 February 1983. That was for the London (Thames) region only. Looks like the first episode proper was shown two days later on 24/02 at 1900. Strange listing though: "First in a new series of fantastic comedy dramas about a car that can talk and is indestructible. Tonight, a gold robbery in the desert."

And it certainly was shown in the 1990s. It was a regular Saturday afternoon filler in different regions, as well as getting a repeat on Channel 5 towards the end of the decade. Think that was Saturday mornings.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,687
    Forum Member
    I seem to call some edited-to-shreds half-hour episodes being shown somewhere along the line too. :(
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I seem to call some edited-to-shreds half-hour episodes being shown somewhere along the line too. :(
    Channel 5 showed these in 1997/1998.
  • welshblobwelshblob Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CELT1987 wrote: »
    Channel 5 showed these in 1997/1998.

I'm sure they were the full hour ones on sat morning. Only remember the half hour ones being on a sat lunchtime maybe in the late 80s probably after movies, games and videos and Americans top ten with Casey kasem.

I believe the ITV regions were quite out of sync with which series each were showing originally not that I have any proof.
  • Paul_DNAPPaul_DNAP Posts: 25,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can remember being absolutely gutted the first time I saw the bloke's hand on the steering wheel when the car was supposed to be driving itself.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paul_DNAP wrote: »
    I can remember being absolutely gutted the first time I saw the bloke's hand on the steering wheel when the car was supposed to be driving itself.
    what you saw was actually the robot hand feature Michael made them install for those long LONG car journeys when he, well he's feel a little :blush:
  • Paul_DNAPPaul_DNAP Posts: 25,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    what you saw was actually the robot hand feature Michael made them install for those long LONG car journeys when he, well he's feel a little :blush:

Dang! And all these years of me thinking it was Jack Gill.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jack Hing or Jack Hoff maybe :)