Finale Title Confirmed!!!!

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Whovian1109Whovian1109 Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to leaked scripts over in the spoiler thread:
    The "only mystery worth solving" line is out of tonight's episode, and the Doctor is referring to humanity as a whole
  • Options
    claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to leaked scripts over in the spoiler thread:
    The "only mystery worth solving" line is out of tonight's episode, and the Doctor is referring to humanity as a whole

Sounds about right. It's obviously from tonight's ep if you see the clip and what he's wearing. And he's not told Clara about the mystery surrounding her yet (and won't until at least next week...)

That line seems to be more tied into a scene where Clara and the Doctor have a bit of a heart to heart over what people can ever possibly mean to a man like him. She seems to think they must be a bit nothingy to him overall and he's reassuring that they're brilliant.
  • Options
    excelentsexcelents Posts: 1,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Khhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaannnn ! :eek:

Just remember what River said "the Doctor lies" :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    Its all timey wimey stuff
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    Has anyone read the Arthur C Clarke short story "The Nine Billion Names of God" ?

Well the Doctor obviously has been about a bit and I guess that in every place he's called by different name than in English.

What if somehow a religious group find out his true name but there are so many that we won't actually know which one is the true one.

And Clara is somehow there to maybe prevent this from happening.

just an idea...
  • Options
    tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    claire2281 wrote: »
    Sounds about right. It's obviously from tonight's ep if you see the clip and what he's wearing. And he's not told Clara about the mystery surrounding her yet (and won't until at least next week...)

That line seems to be more tied into a scene where Clara and the Doctor have a bit of a heart to heart over what people can ever possibly mean to a man like him. She seems to think they must be a bit nothingy to him overall and he's reassuring that they're brilliant.

I thought there were supposed to be some developments with the Clara mystery in tonight's episode, whether it deepens or the answer becomes clearer.
  • Options
    claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tomwozhere wrote: »
    I thought there were supposed to be some developments with the Clara mystery in tonight's episode, whether it deepens or the answer becomes clearer.

From what I gather there seems to be a suggestion that it's part of the story but the Doctor doesn't really find out much e.g. he doesn't make much more progress than he did in the 2nd ep where he concluded she was born human.
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As with the press release of the Movie Style Poster, the link is here

http://t.co/G4mdFcDO1e

Well Well Well

Very interesting - though not unexpected! Glad to see Alex Kingston confirmed to be back though, an episode with that title would be weird if River wasn't involved.

I don't for a second expect the Doctor's name to actually be revealed - maybe all that will happen will be he'll tell River by whispering in her ear :p
    Mulett wrote: »
    I hope that's not one of the TARDIS windows he's looking through!

That's what it looks like to me!
  • Options
    JedHawkJedHawk Posts: 442
    Forum Member
    It's more likely that we find out the name of the Doctor. But not the Timelord we've been watching for generations and series.

I'm supposing that He took the identity of the Gallifreyan known as "The Doctor" at one time. Oooh, there's a sordid past to be unearthed, here.
  • Options
    gingerfreakgingerfreak Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He stole a Tardis, he might as well steal a name.