Options

Danny Dyer 'didn't like' on-screen family member

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
Forum Member
You always get an honest answer out of him!
MATT DI ANGELO (Dean) “I’ll be straight, I didn’t like him at first. I struggled with him. But I love him now. He calls me Big Brother. But with how the storylines have gone, there’s no way Dean’s going to be forgiven. We could have been the new Grant and Phil Mitchell, the Krays of the Square – but good-looking.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/tvmagazine/6195236/Danny-Dyer-If-EastEnders-hadnt-come-along-Id-be-doing-Big-Brother.html

Comments

• Options
    HankshawHankshaw Posts: 4,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Dean rape plot is looking more and more like a terrible idea every day. DTC has messed up.
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    What a strange photo. Why's he glaring with fairy lights across him?
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cobbleoaks wrote: »

I knew this. He made some disparaging comment about Matt yrs ago.
    Shows you how small the acting world is and you have to be careful who you bitch about in it!

Did make me laugh though seeing them as brothers after Id read that comment!
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What comment did he make years ago?
  • Options
    sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pink_Smurf wrote: »
    What a strange photo. Why's he glaring with fairy lights across him?

He is portraying an angry christmas ahead :D
  • Options
    starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    You don't always get along with those you work with, but its your duty to remain civil and not bitch about them, unless you have good reason but you don't bitch you speak witj your line managers and record the incident.

Most silly situations are mis understandings and can be resolved over a drink together.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He also made comments about Emmerdale just being about a "farm". Emmerdale is brilliant and entertaining and sometimes I prefer it to Eastenders. Emmerdale struck gold with Michael Parr as Ross Barton. He's more entertaining than any of the Carters including Mick. To his credit Danny Dyer said he has new found respect for soaps but he does gob off a bit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You don't always get along with those you work with, but its your duty to remain civil and not bitch about them, unless you have good reason but you don't bitch you speak witj your line managers and record the incident.

Most silly situations are mis understandings and can be resolved over a drink together.

Try reporting to a line manager who's old bag mother works in the same office and shields a work shy waste of space worker from any form of discipline. Trust me line managers don't always play fair
  • Options
    Forum Member
    scone wrote: »
    He is portraying an angry christmas ahead :D
    Ah that makes sense. Obvious really :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah that makes sense. Obvious really :blush:

Ok, try this one... Maybe he is just angry because he don't like christmas, but they still wrapped him in fairy lights
  • Options
    hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what a nice Christmas he will have finding out his sister is his mother and his brother raped his wife
  • Options
    FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member

I don't think this is the case with soaps. I think it's probably easier when you're in a communised environment. When you're acting amongst your on-screen neighbours, they begin to feel like your neighbours in real life. With other shows, you're acting within a small group of people all the time and you don't really get much fresh air, which is why many ensemble sitcoms and shows have ended in the past.
  • Options
    Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The majority of people I've worked with over the years have been decent people, quite a few lovely actually. Unfortunately there's always an arsehole waiting to make life difficult for others but I try not to be angry about it. My general attitude is 'f*ck 'em' (thinking it of course, but I will speak up if I think I need to).
  • Options
    MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    I had a feeling it was going to be Matt. Glad they're okay now
  • Options
    eejmeejm Posts: 1,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder what made them finally get along?

I know Kellie has said before she met him that she didn't think she'd like Danny Dyer, but that they got along great from the start.
  • Options
    Reem2011Reem2011 Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He also made comments about Emmerdale just being about a "farm". Emmerdale is brilliant and entertaining and sometimes I prefer it to Eastenders. Emmerdale struck gold with Michael Parr as Ross Barton. He's more entertaining than any of the Carters including Mick. To his credit Danny Dyer said he has new found respect for soaps but he does gob off a bit.

Disagree
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hankshaw wrote: »
    The Dean rape plot is looking more and more like a terrible idea every day. DTC has messed up.

Agreed. It went from being a positive story about victims speaking out and turned into a typical drawn out Christmas reveal mess.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hankshaw wrote: »
    The Dean rape plot is looking more and more like a terrible idea every day.

I agree. Dean has a lot to answer for >:(>:(>:(>:(>:(
  • Options
    Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr Dyer didnt like Matt wow thats a revelation at least they get on now
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It wasn't a serious comment he was just trying to wind people up which worked
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Firegazer wrote: »
    I don't think this is the case with soaps. I think it's probably easier when you're in a communised environment. When you're acting amongst your on-screen neighbours, they begin to feel like your neighbours in real life. With other shows, you're acting within a small group of people all the time and you don't really get much fresh air, which is why many ensemble sitcoms and shows have ended in the past.

what starry rune said is true, it doesnt matter what environment you work in whether its a shop, office or an soap set, you are still in close proximity for hours everyday with the same people, not everyone gets on cos everyone has different personalities and such is life personalities crash.

when you get into the working world you will see this. always got to watch out for the gossips who tend to be lazy and think they are employed to work not talk, the back stabbers, the goody two shoes who grasses to the bosses, the brown nosers, the know it all and there is always someone with an annoying laugh that makes you want to get violent with them after the 10th time :D:D
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt did seem very irritating when he did an interview on this morning with his cast mates. He kept laughing and talking when one of the others were trying to talk. He just seemed rather rude and full of himself. So I can see why Danny didn't like him at first.
  • Options
    TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soap-lea wrote: »
    what starry rune said is true, it doesnt matter what environment you work in whether its a shop, office or an soap set, you are still in close proximity for hours everyday with the same people, not everyone gets on cos everyone has different personalities and such is life personalities crash.

when you get into the working world you will see this. always got to watch out for the gossips who tend to be lazy and think they are employed to work not talk, the back stabbers, the goody two shoes who grasses to the bosses, the brown nosers, the know it all and there is always someone with an annoying laugh that makes you want to get violent with them after the 10th time :D:D

Do you work in my office??:confused::o
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    danyell wrote: »
    Matt did seem very irritating when he did an interview on this morning with his cast mates. He kept laughing and talking when one of the others were trying to talk. He just seemed rather rude and full of himself. So I can see why Danny didn't like him at first.

Danny had met Matt before EE. It wasn't his experiences on EE that made him feel that way about Matt.
    And Danny is no shrinking violet himself.

I saw that interview with Matt. He seemed fine & seems to get on well with his cast mates. He's not a shy type, he has an outgoing, almost loud personality. That's not a criminal offense!
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    Danny had met Matt before EE. It wasn't his experiences on EE that made him feel that way about Matt.
    And Danny is no shrinking violet himself.

I saw that interview with Matt. He seemed fine & seems to get on well with his cast mates. He's not a shy type, he has an outgoing, almost loud personality. That's not a criminal offense!

I didn't say it was an offence. I just found him irritating. And maybe Danny did when he first met him.