Murder arrest in the missing Claudia Lawrence case

HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
Forum Member
Check out @BBCBreaking's Tweet: https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/466157693615759360

Major development after years of little

Comments

• 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Crikey it's been 7 years or so hasn't it, since she vanished?
  • HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    Crikey it's been 7 years or so hasn't it, since she vanished?

2009 she went missing
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    This thread probably won't last now something is happening in the case
    Forum Member
    cris182 wrote: »
    This thread probably won't last now something is happening in the case

Hopefully people will be careful what they post.
    Forum Member
    Hopefully people will be careful what they post.

I wish i had your faith haha
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    Wow! This came out of the blue. Excellent news if it's the right person.
    Forum Member
    cris182 wrote: »
    I wish i had your faith haha

Living in hope!:

Seriously though hopefully this gives the family the possibility for some form of closure that they obviously need.
  • yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope this results in finding Claudia's body. She lived around the corner from me and drank at my local pub. I still think about her when I walk past her house. Her family deserve to know what happened.
  • Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any trial should prove to be interesting concerning the victims personal life if what has been alleged is true.
    Forum Member
    yorkiegal wrote: »
    Hope this results in finding Claudia's body. She lived around the corner from me and drank at my local pub. I still think about her when I walk past her house. Her family deserve to know what happened.

Hopefully.It seems something may have been yielded from the latest crimewatch appeal.
  • fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    I do think it will turn out to be one of her married affairs:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1192871/The-secret-life-missing-chef-Claudia-Lawrence--numerous-liaisons-married-men.html

‘I cannot imagine what her family are going through. I feel nothing but sympathy for them. They’re parents and I know how that feels.’
    As the hunt for Claudia goes on, talk in the pubs of York is turning, inevitably, to her love life.
    A close friend of Mr Horwell’s said: ‘Lee only had one girlfriend his whole life and he married her. You speak to anyone in York, Claudia goes for married men. And they aren’t young men. They’re all in their 40s or 50s and they aren’t exactly hard-up. None of the wives like her.’
    +4
    Police are still appealing for any information in the bid to find Claudia
    Another man who has known Claudia for many years was even more frank. He said: ‘She deliberately targets married men and then dumps them. The kind of guys she goes for are builder types with their own businesses.
    ‘I know of at least half-a-dozen men she has done it to. It’s caused all sorts of trouble since she went missing. The police have been turning up at men’s houses and the wives have been finding out there and then.’
    There are grumbles around the city that if investigating officers feel it’s relevant to question those men with whom she has had flings, the investigation might be helped considerably with a frank information campaign.
    Forum Member
    fefster wrote: »
    I do think it will turn out to be one of her married affairs:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1192871/The-secret-life-missing-chef-Claudia-Lawrence--numerous-liaisons-married-men.html

‘I cannot imagine what her family are going through. I feel nothing but sympathy for them. They’re parents and I know how that feels.’
    As the hunt for Claudia goes on, talk in the pubs of York is turning, inevitably, to her love life.
    A close friend of Mr Horwell’s said: ‘Lee only had one girlfriend his whole life and he married her. You speak to anyone in York, Claudia goes for married men. And they aren’t young men. They’re all in their 40s or 50s and they aren’t exactly hard-up. None of the wives like her.’
    +4
    Police are still appealing for any information in the bid to find Claudia
    Another man who has known Claudia for many years was even more frank. He said: ‘She deliberately targets married men and then dumps them. The kind of guys she goes for are builder types with their own businesses.
    ‘I know of at least half-a-dozen men she has done it to. It’s caused all sorts of trouble since she went missing. The police have been turning up at men’s houses and the wives have been finding out there and then.’
    There are grumbles around the city that if investigating officers feel it’s relevant to question those men with whom she has had flings, the investigation might be helped considerably with a frank information campaign.

As i posted in the other thread

It sounds harsh to put it out there that she 'May have been involved with married men'

But imagine someone comes forward saying they have a married friend who was seeing a girl called claudia

Without mentioning her private life they may not get the info. So it does serve a purpose sometimes
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope that the family get closure and an answer to what happened in 2009.
    Forum Member
    Are we allowed to discuss what the press are reporting or not? I understand why the other thread was closed but I am unsure what you can and can't say. Can I post a link to an article for example?
    Forum Member
    Are we allowed to discuss what the press are reporting or not? I understand why the other thread was closed but I am unsure what you can and can't say. Can I post a link to an article for example?

I didnt know a thread had been closed?Was it the long standing thread?Links to articles I think are ok but its how you comment ie dont presume guilt.
  • *Clem**Clem* Posts: 4,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You can post a link to an article.
    Forum Member
    Yes, the main thread is closed now.
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any trial should prove to be interesting concerning the victims personal life if what has been alleged is true.
    I'm sure the tabloids will be reporting the trial avidly on this front.
This discussion has been closed.