Options

Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I'll probably have to be monitored by the authorities for confessing I still love Always Be Together. And I still dont care for Turn Your Face. Maybe I just hate Steve Mac songs.
  • Options
    Charlie_TrenchCharlie_Trench Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning :)

Aww, I haven't listened to ANY of the DNA album since Salute came out (bar the 4 singles obv)

I'll need to give it a listen tonight and see if it still hits the same chord :)

I was always to put off to listen to it cause I thought id cringe after finding Salute so much more superior.
  • Options
    Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^aka, "I threw so many champagne bottles I ran out"

C'mon Mina, Shayna and I need someone else in our timezone to banter with.

I decided to seek help for my terrible impatience coping mechanisms, ha. Now I'm just enjoying Kwabs, Shura and FKA twigs among other artists until Little Mix gets their act on the road.

Maybe this is the surprise: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRUBltIL3B4 (Little Mix Snowman Challenge). :p
  • Options
    RayforeverRayforever Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    In new magazine Jade has been interviewed by them at Pixie's album launch
    she is asked General question about Tulisa, what she is doing at Christmas etc.

She mention working on the album and said hopefully its released early next year,
  • Options
    DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh these articles. The girls' accounts showed them to be far from millionaires, but when their writing credits and touring potential are considered they may be 'worth' millions as this includes future earnings. Nothing like £33m though.

I really want them to get rich, they've all come from not much and are supporting their families. I hope they didn't lose a lot from the cancelled US tour. It must be difficult to weigh up how much to invest in promo abroad vs saving money for the future. Hopefully the 3rd album will be a hit and they can do multiple dates at the O2. I wish they could do meet & greets in the UK.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was there a reason why they didnt do M&G packages in the UK? I would have thought that to be easy money. Everybody does it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can have dinner with Little Mix

https://www.myplaydirectcrm.com/fc/little-mix/19bcf/

WIN A Christmas Dinner With Little Mix!

To get you in the Christmas spirit, Perrie, Leigh, Jade and Jesy would like to invite four of you to enjoy a spot of Christmas dinner with them in London!

This festive feast will take place on Tuesday 9th December from 6pm to 8pm. If you'd like to be one of the lucky winners, please make sure you can definitely attend!*

Just fill out your details below to be in with the chance of winning this amazing opportunity to meet the girls.

*Travel and accommodation not included

Heh heh isnt that the night the VS Fashion Show airs?
  • Options
    aldualdu Posts: 2,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not been here for a while.
    Now that I am off work awaiting my tonsils removal surgery let's see what's happening.
    I wish I cud have a chat with miss Perrie :cry::cry:

Re: album. Girls take your time and come back with a bang.
    I'd rather they take their time growing, maturing, nurturing, perfecting, bonding rather than rushing and always running after deadlines.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aldu, dont forget The Magic Grapes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These various girls need to stop tweeting themselves. It creates drama tbh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do you mean?

Twitter fans now complaining about the age 18 restriction on the dinner offer. Sigh
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Popjustice have a survey/form/thing that they put out every year

http://www.popjustice.com/2014-popjustice-readers-poll-form

"Artist who most should have pissing well got on with it and released music in 2014"

I know exactly who should be the most voted artist in this section (but it will be Rihanna)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember people complaining for a whole year about Beyonce, and then she dropped that bombshell on them. Fans are just impatient.

Little Mix won the Act We Should Send to Eurovision in 2014 the previous year.

They won in 3 categories in 2011
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fans complain about everything. I will agree the girls could do a general all age at some point.

I'm talking about when the girls of LM/5h,etc look themselves up on Twitter and only reply to negativity. LM have been good on not doing it recently. Though one of them did block someone recently. Lol

So this thing filmed last week is confirmed christmas cover? Or does it just look that way?

Edit:

cV - the UK is not going to win eurovision in any distance future. But, it would be great promo for a UK Pop act.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the LM girls should block a lot more people.

I thought the Eurovision mention was a joke? I'm not quite sure if Europeans are serious about Eurovision or if its considered the kiss of death to a career to do it. I'm not overly familiar with it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Buzzjack sales estimate

Salute - 190k
    Salute (album) - 272k

Get that Silver, Salute! Shoulda been Gold IMO.
  • Options
    DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was there a reason why they didnt do M&G packages in the UK? I would have thought that to be easy money. Everybody does it.

I don't think any act does M&Gs in the UK, I've not seen any pics from here. It might be a venue issue. 1D didn't do M&Gs for any continental Europe arena shows either. I hope the girls made a bit from the ones they did at the Neon Lights Tour and the radio station bashes in the summer.
  • Options
    aldualdu Posts: 2,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aldu, dont forget The Magic Grapes.

Yh. Had the surgery this morning. I'm on an ice cream diet lol. Thx for the reminder casualviewer. Catching up with the forum
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think any act does M&Gs in the UK, I've not seen any pics from here. It might be a venue issue.

I think The Sats did them on their recent tour and didnt Miley have outrageously priced ones?

Another photoshoot yesterday
    http://instagram.com/p/wHYxEguGaP/
    so using the usual 2-3 month timeline I'm expecting the album Feb/March.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anyone is interested in the business side of things and Cowell's origins and how he thinks, this is the Financial Times article that spawned the return of XF USA speculation. However this snippet is about the initial Syco/Sony agreement expiring soon. I'm just wondering if it might affect any remaining artists on the Syco label like Little Mix.

Now, having turned 55 this week and at last – after a series of tabloid-friendly relationships with women – having his first child (a son) with his girlfriend Lauren Silverman, he is taking stock. Next week, he collects an award as Personality of the Year at the Mipcom television festival in Cannes. Syco Entertainment, the company he and Green set up in 2010 to harness his ventures, is nearing the end of its initial five-year deal with Sony Music Entertainment. The future is open.

[...]

Syco was founded to consolidate S Records, Cowell’s former joint venture with Sony, and his television formats. The business was fast outpacing his ability to manage it and he consulted an old friend. “I called Philip [Green] and said, ‘Look, I’m in a bit of a muddle, can you give me some advice?’ In true Philip fashion, he phoned a few people and came back to me 24 hours later and said, ‘Right, this is what you’re worth and this is what you should be doing.’”

At the time, they made what Cowell calls “a handshake agreement” that Green would gain a stake in the business in return for restructuring it and providing advice. That finally took place this summer, with Cowell putting his half-share in Syco into a holding company called Millforth that is divided 80-20 between them. One reason for making it formal is that Syco’s initial five-year deal with Sony expires next year and they are mulling the next step.

In the past, there was talk of making Syco fully independent, and even floating it, but those ambitions are on hold for now. “I guess in some capacity we’ll continue [with Sony] in music,” he says. “They’ve been an amazing partner, I couldn’t ask for more . . . In television, we’ve worked in more of a vacuum because there isn’t really a part of Sony that can deal with all we’re doing.”

“I think Sony is a great match for Simon and he is a peculiarly loyal person,” Doug Morris, chief executive of Sony Music, tells me later. “I want all of Simon here. We have a very successful television production company and I am interested in continuing our relationship. But I like him very much and I would not want him to stay if it was not the right place for him.”

Cowell’s ambition is counterbalanced by a deep-seated need for continuity and having familiar faces around. His past battles left their mark. “The music business is quite weird and working with people who want you to fail because you are doing something they don’t like is just so odd,” he says, as if bemused. “You’ve got to believe people want the best for you and will look out for you.”

So by that interview it seems he sets great store in loyalty. I recall he mentioned that in the latest 1D renewal. Will he feel that with LM and will he reciprocate that with them, I wonder.

Something that's always been a plus for Little Mix is that they are very telegenic. Its clear from the article and his actions that he's very focused on the tv side. By loyalty I mean will he continue to give LM high profile tv promo. He was willing to jet them over for that XFUSA performance.
  • Options
    felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    Im sorry but jesys looking horrible at the cosmopolitan awards tonight, she dressed much better last year
  • Options
    ShaynaJayShaynaJay Posts: 1,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they all look fine, Perrie has been rocking the white a lot of the carpet though but I like her makeup in this look

https://38.media.tumblr.com/a0b57a2724ca69d354765630d6ee1c66/tumblr_ng0xxay50U1rbrxfjo1_1280.jpg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ShaynaJay wrote: »
    I think they all look fine, Perrie has been rocking the white a lot of the carpet though but I like her makeup in this look

https://38.media.tumblr.com/a0b57a2724ca69d354765630d6ee1c66/tumblr_ng0xxay50U1rbrxfjo1_1280.jpg

Perrie looks great there. I am not at all fond of whatever Leigh is wearing and I dont like that wispy hair strand look that she and Jade have, it just makes them look unfinished. Jesy looks like Lady Gaga facially (that's not a diss).
  • Options
    ShaynaJayShaynaJay Posts: 1,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it that angle of the dress you aren't fond of?!

https://38.media.tumblr.com/ec2a05ccdf9d617598030b181f943a32/tumblr_ng0z6xTL0v1rbrxfjo1_1280.jpg here is a front on view, she is very fond of a slit up the side of the dress isn't she....
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Jesy looks INCREDIBLE.

Not very fond of Jade's outfit but that's only because I'm comparing it to the other 3, in 2012 I would be yassing at that outfit but its just meh.
This discussion has been closed.