Options

Hollyoaks - Ste/baby/weird couple storyline (possible spoilers)

airyfariyairyfariy Posts: 593
Forum Member
✭✭
Hey guys,

Just watching the Oaks and i am totally confused with the storyline involving Ste etc.

Who are the couple? Do they want to steal the baby? Why? Do they? And also did Amy really leave for a while or did they have something to do with it?:confused:

Comments

• Options
    _nomad__nomad_ Posts: 1,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This story is way too convoluted. It's almost like the writers are making it up as they go along :confused:

From what I can gather, Daniel and his wife want to make sure that either Ste & Amy learn to be proper parents or they're going to steal Lucas and give him to someone who can look after him properly.
  • Options
    Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    ah.. like a Social Work Tag Team... hhmmm that's new.. lol lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it is totally odd. Initially I thought it was going to be something to do with football hooliganism, and Ste getting caught up in it (still possible I guess)

Then I thought Daniel and wifey (blonde one, cant remember her name, the midwife) were going to do something to take the baby for themselves, when they siad a few weeks ago someting like "we've found our baby at last" or something

And now they're supposedly working for a charity....all confusing to me ...:confused::confused: point being, Amy hasn't bonded with Lucas at all....no breastfeeding, the baby is awfully quiet for a bottle fed baby...no colic??????????!!!

:yawn::yawn::o
  • Options
    EmmaGxEmmaGx Posts: 31,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ... I'm glad I'm not the only one who's confused by this storyline .. I watched the episode twice on E4 yesterday, and failed to realise which of the two blokes was actually abi's husband ... it was only when I read the DS synopsis that I realised my mistake ... I always thought nati was the looper and that daniel and abi were relatively sane ... apparently not tho!

... and what on earth happened to Amy? ... did the actress need a break or something? ... seems very unlikely that Amy would just walk off like that ... ok, so it does lead into this new storyline I guess, but still, hollyoaks has gotten weird lately! ... *sighs*
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It has my head shot. I still can't work out what the hell it is they exactly want to do. Talk about convoluted.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,960
    Forum Member
    I couldnt help but think 'go sarah',she was the only person making sense in that scenario.

I dont get it at all!
    why did they ave their boy taken away?
    what is their charity?
    what is the hooligan group about?
  • Options
    andy614andy614 Posts: 45,259
    Forum Member
    They didn't have their child taken away, they lost a child to cot death (or so they say). Annyway, now they have a charity called KidxwithKidz to help young parents. However it seems like some sort of cover and actually it's all a bit sinister.

So they seem to take a view that children should be taken and given to a "better life" if they think the parents aren't up to their standards.

It is very complicated i know, i'm guessing that it will all become more clear as it goes on.

Btw, i'm not sure there ever was a football hooligan thing, i mean that was never actually shown was it, some viewers just seemed to decide that what was going on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The woman said she lost the kid to cot death,but when the guys were discussing it,they imploed the kid was given away
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    simbarro wrote: »
    The woman said she lost the kid to cot death,but when the guys were discussing it,they imploed the kid was given away

Yeah that's why I'm confused. Is the cot death thing a sham? Did the other guy give their kid to someone else? Does the mother even know? Aaah...my head.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    simbarro wrote: »

No, that's Natty's kid they were talking about.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i thought it was the guy whos with the woman who said their son was taken away?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it was Natty's kid who was given away, and Daniel's kid who supposedly died.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _nomad_ wrote: »
    I think it was Natty's kid who was given away, and Daniel's kid who supposedly died.

Ah right, makes a bit more sense to me now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glad it wasn't just me that's confused.
    firstly i was wondering if amy is having time off in real life to do her a levels

are the charity something to do with a church group? with them talking about another life and all that thing

i thought that daniel was with abi, so tonight was very confused to realise that she isn't...silly me! i think i've got the men totally confused
    i too thought that they had taken abi's baby away cause daniel told the suit man (natty?) that the baby had gone to better parents- all very weird.
    also, they made out that it was daniel's charity and that he gives money away (assumed), so who is he to set up a charity?

i hope that it becomes clear soon

finally, who was it that first met ste in the pub was that daniel or natty??i'm in a mess aren't i
  • Options
    crystal_methcrystal_meth Posts: 8,379
    Forum Member
    It's totally confusing as to who they are - I thought the bloke that Ste met at parenting class was 'grooming' Ste to get more involved with his baby and join that group of blokes that weren't able to see their kids and then that kind of phased out....

Now it seems the blonde one is building up to snatching the baby and I thought she was Amy's social worker or something? And the kids charity has just come sideblinding out of nowhere.

I wish HO would get this story straight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    right, i've had to consult many a website, but i think i'm straight....

daniel is with abi
    natty is the one who first met ste and then introduced daniel to ste

abi cleaned the flat up with natty- which is why i got confused, and her husband is the angry daniel who turned up later

daniel and abi lost their baby to SIDS

now is it daniel with the charity? and has natty had a child?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

daniel is with abi

abi cleaned the flat up with natty- which is why i got confused, and her husband is the angry daniel who turned up later

It sounds like Natty did have a child which the charity gave away to 'better' parents. Daniel and Abi seem to be in charge of this charity.
  • Options
    Glitter03Glitter03 Posts: 2,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok Daniel and Abi lost their baby apparently to cot death.

It seems that they run some kind of charity to help young parents become 'good parents'.

Naty (or however it is spelt) had a child. Daniel and Abi 'had' to take his child and find 'better' parents for it. Presumably because they felt Naty was not a good enough parent.

Naty believes they are trying to help Ste become a better parent so that he doesnt have to 'lose' Lucas.

Just to throw another theory in :p

The way they were talking about a charity and taking peoples babies made me think that maybe Daniel and Abi are taking peoples babies to sell them :confused:

I dont know. It is very confusing i agree!
  • Options
    EmmaGxEmmaGx Posts: 31,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

daniel is with abi

... yup, that's the way I read it as well, after reading the DS synopsis, and watching it for a third time ...

... it was really confusing tho as firstly Abi and Natty turned up to clean looking ever bit like a couple ... and secondly in the pub scene with them going off on one at Ste, Natty was standing behind Abi looking like he was being a supportive partner, while Daniel was the other side of Ste having a go at Ste and arguing with Abi ... and thirdly the scene that cut between Abi telling about her SIDS baby, and Naty telling about his child that had been taken away it sounded like they were talking about the same child ...

... watching it the third time tho, and reading DS made me realise that Abi and Daniel are married, and Naty was talking about a totally different child ... and either the actress playing Abi is really bad, or Abi was lying about her child's death ...

... the way I'm currently reading it Abi and Daniel suffered some kind of loss of a child, but feel that they didn't deserve such a tragedy as they were good parents, and a couple; and so they are currently on a crusade to make sure other children's parents stay together, and be really good parents, or they'll find somewhere better for the child ...
    ... I'm also getting a cultish vibe ... particularly from Naty who doesn't appear to see that there's anything wrong with what Abi and Daniel are doing ...
    ... and I'm getting a vibe from Abi and Daniel that they want Lucas to replace thier lost son ...

... aaah well, the wire finished a whole half hour ago, I should be in bed instead of worrying about hollyoaks latest convoluted storyline ... (I'm sure it never used to be this difficult to follow!)
  • Options
    solace2008solace2008 Posts: 1,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't managed to catch up with this storyline yet, but have read here and in soap mags to keep me all clued up about it.

If I remember rightly this couple were around about a year ago (when Max Cunningham was alive). The husband was a lifeguard where Max's half-brother Tom went swimming and I seem to remember Gilly overhearing Tom crying and assuming that he was being abused by him.

It was ofcourse later revealed that it was totally innocent. So it makes this storyline with Amy, Ste & their baby even more so chilling.

I hope it will in parts appear realistic and not too over the top (even though this is soap!). As it is quite a delicate subject to broach - especially in this day and age.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i've been dreaming about natty and daniel- think i have issues!!

i can't understand why natty would still be friends with abi and daniel if they did take his baby away- as i think that too, so it does make you think it's a strange cult.
    as for selling the babies- that could be where the charity money comes from

i also wondered if abi had lied as she was backed into a corner, hopefully she hasn't lied because that's an awful thing to do, but you never know with HO
  • Options
    Forum Member
    solace2008 wrote: »
    I haven't managed to catch up with this storyline yet, but have read here and in soap mags to keep me all clued up about it.

If I remember rightly this couple were around about a year ago (when Max Cunningham was alive). The husband was a lifeguard where Max's half-brother Tom went swimming and I seem to remember Gilly overhearing Tom crying and assuming that he was being abused by him.

It was ofcourse later revealed that it was totally innocent. So it makes this storyline with Amy, Ste & their baby even more so chilling.

I hope it will in parts appear realistic and not too over the top (even though this is soap!). As it is quite a delicate subject to broach - especially in this day and age.

No this is a totally different couple. They only came into it afew months ago.

The person you are talking about was called Simon.
  • Options
    davedubdavedub Posts: 8,826
    Forum Member
    Its defo confusing but its one of the only storylines that nobody seems to hav any spoilers or know what the outcome will be which makes it interesting! I think the 3 characters involved, daniel, abi and natty are quite good actors too!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    I think it's a baby selling racket or a cult. I think that even though Natty knows whats going on, he's probably the most innocent of the 3, i have a feeling he was once where Ste is now, he even said a few episodes ago, that he hopes they can still help Ste that he doesn't want it happening to him too, i think natty is only involved because he thinks he's doing the right thing. I think that they are only interested in young parents that are more gullible (no offence intended to young parents) i think they then get into the heads of the parent's and convinse them that they can't deal with looking after a baby, and have them believeing that it's best for their baby, for Daniel and his 'charity' to find a new & better family for the baby. I think that Daniel is only interested in the money, but i'm not sure about Abi, she seems nicer than Daniel but gullible, and although like Natty she knows whats going on, i do wonder if she's doing it because she believes it's what's best for the baby. I even wonder if there was more to her babies death. (if there ever was a baby)

What i found really interesting was in yesterday's E4 episode, how quick Daniel was to jump on Jacqui, as soon as he saw her with baby Max (the whole he's cute how old, etc) it was how quick his body lauguage changed when he came up against Jacqui, when she almost bit his head off, he seem like he almost crawled inside himself. I just get this feeling he's used to needy young parents that are happy to receive his advice & support, Daniel hasn't ever come accross as really nice & caring, he seems very dominant & forceful with people he's used to being around, including Abi, Natty and even Sarah & Mike a little, so i think the way Jacqui was with him yesterday was a bit of a shock.....but this is all just what i think is going on, i'm probably way off :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the fact that Amy has just disappeared though. Do you think that was deliberately written in? It's almost like the actress had an accident or something unexpected and they had to just write her out immediately. It's so ridiculous to believe that she gave birth then just ran off and is staying at her gran's house.

Now i know a lot about post natal depression, suffering myself for years but it was so sudden, they could have written a few episodes of her having a breakdown or something.