Hollyoaks - Ste/baby/weird couple storyline (possible spoilers)

Comments

• andy614andy614 Posts: 45,259
    Forum Member
    Perhaps what makes it so confusing is that there seems to be quite a lot of different strands to the story, that end up, or will end up, not actually meaning anything. Whether they do that toconfuse us so we don't know fully whats going on or not i don't know.

But it seems to be now quite a simple story of Abi wanting to keep the baby, and cleary being a bit loopy. With all the other strands now not being so important.
  • crystal_methcrystal_meth Posts: 8,379
    Forum Member
    I think there aren't any spoilers cos HO hasn't got a clue what they're doing with this storyline! They've got so many youngsters in the show they must lose half their cast at exams time!
  • fifi_folEfifi_folE Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How can Russ be kidnapping Max if he is the biological father? The McQueens have no parental rights as Tina is dead. As for the topic, it is very confusing after trying to help Ste, Abi is now trying to ruin it with the caffeine pills! Have they borrowed "Lucas" from someone else and given it to Ste, now he is not worthy they are giving him on to someone else but Abi wants to keep him?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    fifi_folE wrote: »
    How can Russ be kidnapping Max if he is the biological father? The McQueens have no parental rights as Tina is dead. As for the topic, it is very confusing after trying to help Ste, Abi is now trying to ruin it with the caffeine pills! Have they borrowed "Lucas" from someone else and given it to Ste, now he is not worthy they are giving him on to someone else but Abi wants to keep him?

Alot of the bit in bold was fully answered in tonights (well yesterdays now) E4 episode
    Daniel and Abi are in a baby selling racket, they make friends with young families, then taking any steps they need to, to make the parents feel they can't cope eg: the caffeine pills, and not baby sitting etc. Then they get the parents to agree to give up their children to them, and they then sell the babies, like Daniel said tonight, they have done it a lot of times. The only thing that is different this time is Abi wants to keep Lucas for herself. The only person i think is a little inoccent in all this is Natty, i believe that what is currently happening to to Ste, as happened to him, Natty still seems to believe that Lucas will only be taken away from Ste if it's for the best, he still seems to hope Lucas will be able to stay with Ste, eg giving him money to cover the hours of work he lost because no one could look after the baby.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    like mikes really going to let that happen, im sure amys coming back soon
  • airyfariyairyfariy Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ~*Piglet*~ wrote: »
    I've missed today's CH4 and E4 episode, so I don't know what happened there, but I have a bit of a theory.:p

1. Daniel and Abi lose their child to cot death, through this they meet other parents who have been through the same thing.
    2. Kids With Kids is set up to get close to young, gullible parents, who need 'help'.
    3. If they deem the parents aren't good enough then, as in the case of Natty, they take the child away and give it to someone more deserving; i.e. someone who has lost their child/can't have children
    4. Abi has gotten attached to Lucas and wants to keep him, rather than give him to someone else.

Are you psychic!?!?
  • airyfariyairyfariy Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Amy doing exams in real life? She has been away for a long time. Also the way they did that was really poor, she just went to see her nan and left her kids. That is so unbelieveable, she would never do that she is devoted to her kids.
    Bit of a rush job that one i think.
  • surfiesurfie Posts: 5,754
    Forum Member
    It wasn't hard to see that Abi, Daniel and Natty were aimng to get hold of Lucas pretty soon after the storyline started.
    With the way things are panning out, I wouldn't be to surprised if Amy will be back for the conclusion of the storyline.
  • _SpeedRacer__SpeedRacer_ Posts: 6,724
    Forum Member
    Which one is Abi and which one is Natty? I've only seen one woman in that group?
  • andy614andy614 Posts: 45,259
    Forum Member
    Which one is Abi and which one is Natty? I've only seen one woman in that group?

Natty is a man.
    Forum Member
    Wait, Natty is a man? lol

Is Abi's boyfriend Natty, or the other one?
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the storyline now - now I understand what they are doing
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wait, Natty is a man? lol

Is Abi's boyfriend Natty, or the other one?

Natty is the slightly younger male, who doesn't seem to really know what's going on.
    Abi is the woman who wants to keep Lucas.
    Daniel is Abi's husband, who is trying to stop her from trying to keep the baby and the 'leader'.

I don't know if that helps.:)
  • TiffaniTiffani Posts: 5,444
    Forum Member
    I just tuned into Hollyoaks the other day after not watching for a while and I have few questions

1. Where is Amy and why is Ste looking after the baby.

2. Where did Abby and her husband come from and how do they know Ste.

3. Is Natty Dan's brother?

By the way the show has gone down hill alot since I last watched. I was shocked how bad it had become.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tiffani wrote: »
    I just tuned into Hollyoaks the other day after not watching for a while and I have few questions

1. Where is Amy and why is Ste looking after the baby.

2. Where did Abby and her husband come from and how do they know Ste.

3. Is Natty Dan's brother?

By the way the show has gone down hill alot since I last watched. I was shocked how bad it had become.

1. Amy is staying at her grandmother's, no one really knows what's happening there. Mike was tired with all the revision he had to do and looking after two young kids, so he started letting Ste help out and eventually Ste ended up taking Lucas and not giving him back. Uh...I wasn't really paying attention over those episodes, so I don't entirely know what happened. :p

2. Ste met Abby and Daniel through Natty. Amy ended up giving birth on the kitchen floor (again) and Ste called Natty. Natty sent round Daniel and Abi because Abi was a nurse (or maybe a midwife, I can't remember) to help deliver the baby. They've basically worked their way into Ste's life by helping with Lucas, etc.

3. No.:p
    Forum Member
    There are 2 reasons why this storyline just hasn't worked:

1) They started off down the football hooligant route, which actually has nothing at all to do with the current storyline.
    2) Possibly down to poor acting, it was impossible to tell who Abi was actually seeing between Natty and Daniel as they both seemed to act the same around her. However they've obviously seen this problem and so given Natty an independant story arc in the SU bar and with Zoe
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like I said in a previous post- I kept getting Daniel/Natty mixed up, becuase neither acts like Abi's missus!!

Daniel = angry guy with sideburns?
    Natty = nicer looking younger one?

:p

There's no way Mike/Ste/Sarah/Amy/ANYONE would allow this anyway, so WTF?
  • CollybirdCollybird Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have completely given up trying to tell Natty and Daniel apart.

I'm starting to think that things may be heading down a romantic route with Ste and Abi.
  • MarzBar85MarzBar85 Posts: 15,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've heard rumours that the actress who played Amy left to have a baby. Anyone know if its true?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MarzBar85 wrote: »
    I've heard rumours that the actress who played Amy left to have a baby. Anyone know if its true?

I don't think thats true
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    i'm sure i read she was off to do her gcses?
  • MarzBar85MarzBar85 Posts: 15,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But the lad who played Josh didn't just up and leave like that - he did his A'Levels and his GCSEs while on HO. Noone noticed he'd gone.

Surely the writers would have known that she would leave to do her exams - so why give her such a big storyline which doesn't make sense and highlights that shes not there to write her out?
  • davedubdavedub Posts: 8,826
    Forum Member
    MarzBar85 wrote: »

I've heard that a few times too:confused: it was very strange how she just left tho
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    apparently they decided to do it that way because after showing amy as a single mum with Leah they wanted to show the other side and have Ste as a single dad with Lucas - this just fitted in with Amy doing her exams. Saw an interview with Ste (the actor) and he said the srotyline doesn't end the way you would expect - does that mean it is going to be an unhappy ending??
  • surfiesurfie Posts: 5,754
    Forum Member
    airyfariy wrote: »
    Is Amy doing exams in real life? She has been away for a long time. Also the way they did that was really poor, she just went to see her nan and left her kids. That is so unbelieveable, she would never do that she is devoted to her kids.
    Bit of a rush job that one i think.

Hollyoaks is filmed 6 to 6 weeks in advance now.
    Amy didn't leave Leah as she went with Amy