Options

I would like Matt and Rebecca more if they dropped the I am so shy act

DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,033
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
I dont rate Rebeccas sob story that she had kids and lost her confidence, she gave a competent performance then decided to go back on that at the post song interview.

Matt cant be that shy if he had been doing rounds with a band for years either

Comments

• Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    I dont rate Rebeccas sob story that she had kids and lost her confidence, she gave a competent performance then decided to go back on that at the post song interview.

Many artists suffer from shyness, I've read that being on stage is a way for the "inner them" to come out. I'd rather have one good shy singer than a handful of talentless wannabees who ooze confidence.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    francie wrote: »
    Many artists suffer from shyness, I've read that being on stage is a way for the "inner them" to come out. I'd rather have one good shy singer than a handful of talentless wannabees who ooze confidence.

I agree. It's the same with actors. Johnny Depp is very shy in interviews and such but on screen you would think he is the most confident person ever.
  • Options
    Sharona68Sharona68 Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

A lot of good singers are actually shy when they are not singing.

I don't find either Rebecca or Matt fake. Singing is sometimes a way for reserved people to be unreserved, as if they are taking on a different persona.
  • Options
    GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    Matt doesn't come across as shy just very quiet - which some might think is lack of personality but with him it's about the music, I don't think any of the rest of the XF rubbish he's bothered about.

Rebecca is getting on my nerves. She is still singing to the floor.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remember, acts are 'advised' that behaving in a certain way will help them.

Gives the judges something to accentuate, which gets the phones ringing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't find either of them fake at all (unlike Cher and Katie!). Talking of actors as an example, Robert De Niro is one of the greatest of all time and he is terrible in interviews, nervy and just cannot articulate himself at all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 405
    Forum Member

You haven't had much experience in life have you.
  • Options
    syedluversyedluver Posts: 1,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i dont think matt is shy at all, i think simon has got it wrong, i think matt may come across as shy as he really gets into the song, and he is quite reserved.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont think they are shy at all, just musicians who love to sing and display their emotions and character through their craft. Xfactor just likes to label everyone..the pretty one, the weird one, kooky, heartthrob etc...soo borring