BB's future at Elstree

Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
Forum Member
✭✭
Have the BB house planning permissions been extended again?
The last mention I can find is for a 2 year extension that was granted in 2012.
http://www.borehamwoodtimes.co.uk/news/9886980.Big_Brother_buildings_given_planning_permission_to_stay_at_Elstree_Studios/
At the end of that extension 30 buildings/cabins which house the staff working on the program will have to be removed.
So if that's the case then it seems quite possible to me that the show (should it return in 2015) will move location itself.

Comments

• FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's time for a new location.

Out with the old in with the new.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Last year it was extended until September 2018 with the number of permitted live shows greatly increased:

http://www6.hertsmere.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=ZZZZXVIFJV915
  • RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    Im not too concerned about BB's future at Elstree rather more concerned about their future on Channel 5.

I didn't mind CBB this year, I supported both the winners so I can't complain much but that series of Civillian BB completely took all the support I had for the show away...I have stood up for BB through A LOT of garbage but that was too much for me.

The only hope for the Civillian series for me is if Viacom just come in and change how the show is presented and the casting process otherwise if its more of the same I will probably give up a couple of weeks in and just stick to CBB (Which is beyond ironic because I pretty much hated CBB on Channel 4 and the first couple on Channel 5) :(
  • Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    Last year it was extended until September 2018 with the number of permitted live shows greatly increased:

http://www6.hertsmere.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=ZZZZXVIFJV915

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damn - I was hoping they might move to somewhere near an Aldi, so we could refresh the old Tesco's jokes to go with the fresh new Endemol look :D
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Damn - I was hoping they might move to somewhere near an Aldi, so we could refresh the old Tesco's jokes to go with the fresh new Endemol look :D

It was shame for the British film industry that Brent Walker were allowed to buy the studios and sell off half the space to the likes of Tesco (Hertsmere Borough Council now control the remains so it's hardly surprising Endemol's planning applications sail through).
  • soapnutsoapnut Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    The show would benefit hugely from a change of location.

One of the best things about AUS BB is it's location setting. It really is an institution there.

The producers clearly care about the show and the viewers, although this year's series is somewhat lacklustre it's still event television, something we had and will never get back sadly.
  • Artemis1Artemis1 Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    “As Dreamworld is a theme park ,perhaps big brother should move to one of the theme parks in the UK or what about Pontins ?

They could even have tasks involving the entertainment who are at the camp anyway.

Added benefit they could get real people who are visiting the park or camp to be audience in bbots.

Also bb could have tours and sell memorabilia AND think of eviction nights no problem getting an audience .
    What a money spinner for both pontins and big brother

Sorry getting excited there😃

http://www.dreamworld.com.au/
  • soapnutsoapnut Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    Artemis1 wrote: »
    As Dreamworld is a theme park ,perhaps big brother should move to one of the theme parks in the UK or what about Pontins ?

They could even have tasks involving the entertainment who are at the camp anyway.

Added benefit they could get real people who are visiting the park or camp to be audience in bbots.

Also bb could have tours and sell memorabilia AND think of eviction nights no problem getting an audience .
    What a money spinner for both pontins and big brother

Sorry getting excited there😃

http://www.dreamworld.com.au/

It's a fantastic idea and maybe something Endemol should have thought of before Channel 5 came along and ruined it all.

In comparison, the compound that houses the UK BB house and studio is situated in the middle of a housing estate at the rear of the local Tesco's which is shameful!

Now that Channel 5 have rinsed the format for all it's worth and totally ruined the show in the process, I'm beginning to see that UK BB has possibly run it's course. If we hadn't of been deluged with virtual blanket coverage since it's arrival on the channel I'm sure it would be a different story. To say that Channel 5 over-egged the pudding is a ginormous understatement and sadly the damage is done.