Showbiz wigs: Wogan, Forsythe, Blackburn......

Comments

• 2Legit2Quit2Legit2Quit Posts: 4,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robin's is terrible.

He definitely went down the Elton John road of "you know it's a wig and I don't give a toss".
  • TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robin's is terrible.

He definitely went down the Elton John road of "you know it's a wig and I don't give a toss".

As much as I like the BeeGees, Robin's syrup looks like a massive spider!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw the Grahame Norton show with Tony Curtis on and hes thankfully was wearing his baldness with pride. His wig was so obvious http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3479542528/nm0000348!

Also the judge off dancing on ice, Jason Gardiner, admitted to wearing a hair piece on This Morning and announced that he was going to go to stop spending a fortune on hair treaments etc trying to hide the fact he was going bald. I do feel for guys though if they struggle to come to terms with baldess. I personally think it can look quite sexy, especially if they have it all shaved off.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    Pity I missed the Diana Rigg/ Terry Wogan stuff. I don't know whether it has already been mentioned , but Andrew Neill has the most blatant syrup I've ever seen. It is dark brown and seems plastered to his head and you can see the join, as Eric Morecambe used to say.

Come to think about it their is a taxi driver I know whose syrup is worse.It looks like is made of steel, so hard and shiny it is and you can see the grey softer bits of his real hair sticking out from the side.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    david1955 wrote: »
    Pity I missed the Diana Rigg/ Terry Wogan stuff. I don't know whether it has already been mentioned , but Andrew Neill has the most blatant syrup I've ever seen. It is dark brown and seems plastered to his head and you can see the join, as Eric Morecambe used to say.

Come to think about it their is a taxi driver I know whose syrup is worse.It looks like is made of steel, so hard and shiny it is and you can see the grey softer bits of his real hair sticking out from the side.

Andrew neil's hair is so peculiar, I assumed it had to real, surely no one would buy hair like that?

The worst ever saw was at a very windy bus stop, the man next me's toupe kept blowing up in the wind. I was absolutely dying with embarrassment but at the same time unable to stop looking and i am ashamed to say laughing. nearly as cirngeworthy as Rigg vs Wig the other day.
  • Dr QuincyDr Quincy Posts: 1,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Andrew Neill used to get the piss ripped out of his wig by Spitting Image, they used a stapled on brillow pad that moved loosely.

By the way you can watch Paul O'Grady on 4oD:

http://www.channel4.com/4od

Its episode number 35
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Somebody on this thread mentioned Bruce Springsteen? Surely not!!!???

You've got to be kidding me!
  • gkmaccagkmacca Posts: 9,386
    Forum Member
    Abriel wrote: »
    Andrew neil's hair is so peculiar, I assumed it had to real, surely no one would buy hair like that?

I'm unsure about it. It's certainly weird, but it's always been weird. It might just be the colour he dyes it - when Pamela Bourdes did a kiss and tell on him she spoke about how the pillow was always a horrible browny-red every morning because of the mixture of dye and 'restorer' he plastered on his head each night!

(The most astonishingly blatant syrup I've ever seen was on a bloke I saw in Cambridge a few weeks ago - imagine a motorcycle helmet covered in a layer of brown hair. I kid you not - people couldn't help but stare!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,715
    Forum Member
    Do you think he went to the clinic with a Brillo Pad, and said "basically, that's the look I'm after!" :D:D
  • gkmaccagkmacca Posts: 9,386
    Forum Member
    Yes!:D He probably gets a price reduction because he cleans their pots and pans.
    Forum Member
    Andrew Neill's hair has changed dramatically since his spitting image days. It did look like a brillo pad then, but now it is completey straight as well as being much more substantial and a totally different colour.

I remember a chap at work who was suspected of having a syrup, he was in his 50's and had straight dark brown hair cut rather strangely. One of the girls decided to find out the truth and deliberately tripped over near him and clung on to his head to prevent herself falling over. Sadly his hair was real though she said the roots were grey:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andrew Neill's hair has changed dramatically since his spitting image days. It did look like a brillo pad then, but now it is completey straight as well as being much more substantial and a totally different colour.

He needs to go back for a re-tint though - the colour isn't authentic at all. :eek:;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread is hilarious! I'm in a really bad mood today so thanks for cheering me up. I loved the poster going into SCD forum and asking whether DB wore a wig then going on to the Darren Bennett appreciation board and seeing the difference in the answers. Some people will not have a word said against their idols will they?
    Ted Danson just wears a grey wig now doesnt he? He had a beautiful head of grey hair in Damages which can be his own.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    There was a blind item on either Popbitch or Holy Moly a while ago about Rod Stewart being a wig-wearer.
  • trec123trec123 Posts: 4,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a good one, if he does:eek:
    Isn't there some kind of spray on stuff which some TV presenters use when they're on air too - to cover their bald patches?
  • RoxysirenRoxysiren Posts: 443
    Forum Member
    Christopher Lee has worn a wig for years.

I thought Tony Curtis looked great on Graham Norton with his new natural look. Perhaps after being so ill he thought the lack of hair wasn't so much of a problem by comparison.

Dominic Brunt(?) who plays Paddy the vet in Emmerdale has suspicious looking hair. I'm thinking about that spray on stuff!

:)
    Forum Member
    I thought I was a good judge of a syrup wearer, but it never occured to me that Paddy from Emmerdale was one of them. I shall take a closer look tonight.

I know someone who claims to be a scriptwriter for Terry Wogan's radio show ( It turns out that he sometimes gets his letters read out on his show) and he did in fact meet him at least once (read once) to present him with a cheque for Children in Need.

I asked him whether he asked Terry if he indeed wear a wig, but he became very defensive, and said that it was a private matter between him and Terry.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,126
    Forum Member
    cj1234 wrote: »
    This thread is hilarious! I'm in a really bad mood today so thanks for cheering me up. I loved the poster going into SCD forum and asking whether DB wore a wig then going on to the Darren Bennett appreciation board and seeing the difference in the answers. Some people will not have a word said against their idols will they?
    Ted Danson just wears a grey wig now doesnt he? He had a beautiful head of grey hair in Damages which can be his own.

If you think the BB Forum is scary(which I don`t by the way)......Just pass a negative comment about one of the Professional Dancers in SCD.....and sit back and wait for the cyber bashing.Even better....Just say you thought Kelly Brook was a great Dancer.....Some would have you believe she`s Edwina Currie`s daughter.The SCD forum is certainly not as pink and fluffy as some would have you believe.Great spoiler thread on Saturday nights though......Back on Topic I really do wonder why some of these celebs bother with wiggs...Bruce Willis;Danny De-vito and Sean Connery never bothered and it hasn`t done them any harm.I just wish Hollywood accepted that a high % of men go bald. John Travolta was a shock.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrsCam wrote: »
    There was a blind item on either Popbitch or Holy Moly a while ago about Rod Stewart being a wig-wearer.

Well, it would go some way to explaining how he's managed to maintain the exact same haircut for the past 30-odd years. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you think the BB Forum is scary(which I don`t by the way)......Just pass a negative comment about one of the Professional Dancers in SCD.....and sit back and wait for the cyber bashing.Even better....Just say you thought Kelly Brook was a great Dancer.....Some would have you believe she`s Edwina Currie`s daughter.The SCD forum is certainly not as pink and fluffy as some would have you believe.Great spoiler thread on Saturday nights though......Back on Topic I really do wonder why some of these celebs bother with wiggs...Bruce Willis;Danny De-vito and Sean Connery never bothered and it hasn`t done them any harm.I just wish Hollywood accepted that a high % of men go bald. John Travolta was a shock.

Have you made a negative comment on the soap forum!! Hard hat alert!
    I know what you mean about the SCD forums, goodness me last year when Gethin got kicked out what a rumpus. And I happened to mention that Letitia Dean was rather on the lumpy side so it showed in her dancing and I got told off good and proper!
    Back to topic - I really like slightly balding men personally, (my OH is lovely for instance) I've always found Bruce Willis very sexy - I think the vests and muscles help.
  • 2Legit2Quit2Legit2Quit Posts: 4,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrsCam wrote: »

It could be...

http://myplay.com/files/imagecache/ginormous_square/files/artist_images/rodStewart.jpg
  • RoxysirenRoxysiren Posts: 443
    Forum Member

I understand that Sean Connery did wear a toupee in the Bond Movies.

• TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roxysiren wrote: »
    I understand that Sean Connery did wear a toupee in the Bond Movies.

So did Kennth Cope in Randall & Hopkirk iirc
  • shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    and famously wore it back to front in one episode!